Player Discussion Mattias Ekholm

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Funny you say that, because I saw someone compare the Ekholm-Bouchard line to the Pronger-Niedemayer line in Anaheim in 2007. That line was so dominant, and it helped Anaheim win a cup. I am hoping Ekholm-Bouchard can do the same.

The difference is Pronger/Niedermayer played apart and anchored their own pair. They were both able to drag scrub d men along for the fight. Want to say Pronger played with Joe DiPenta and Niedermayer played with Sean O'Donnell if memory serves (could have this wrong).

Ekholm could do that, Bouchard I am not so sure of.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Funny you say that, because I saw someone compare the Ekholm-Bouchard line to the Pronger-Niedemayer line in Anaheim in 2007. That line was so dominant, and it helped Anaheim win a cup. I am hoping Ekholm-Bouchard can do the same.
I dont actually recall Pronger and Niedemeyer being on the same pairing.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is the type of thing they probably say on the ice to the other player trying to fight. You hear it all the time in junior hockey, things like "Who are you? Why would I fight you?" or "You're lucky to be here and I make a difference. Send someone important".

It's quite hilarious really.
I don't get the impression Ekholm's the type to verbalize that as he doesn't seem to be one of those guys that goes for smack talk, but he very well may have thought it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Pronger was paired with Beauchemin if I remember correctly
Yes...I think thats correct. At least for the majority of his TOI while he was there.

I don't get the impression Ekholm's the type to verbalize that as he doesn't seem to be one of those guys that goes for smack talk, but he very well may have thought it.
Ekholm's play does the talking for him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Briefly talked about it yesterday on pre-game thread, but man does he have a sneaking good shot.

Reminds me of play EA Sports back in the day. Guy just winds up and picks that corner clean

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Huh, my apologies then, never seen you around here (and your profile is restricted). I guess we’ll see, won’t we? In any case I think he deserves Norris consideration this year. Don’t mind getting quoted on that if that’s what happens.
No worries, understandable. 😄 Yeah, without the offence of the “top guys” it’s hard to get the deserved recognition league-wide, but one wonders if his overall effectiveness at the position isn't right at the top in that "next tier".

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2