• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
When a non-Leafs player elevates his game = "ridiculous hot streak"...
When a certain Leafs player elevates his game = "generational", "top 5-10 PLAYER in the league"...
When in general Leafs players elevate their game = (insert player name) is so good...

When a team that isn't Leafs performs very well = "hot streak"
When the Leafs perform very well = look how great we are.

Rinse and repeat, ad nauseum.
Buddy I have posted before that what Laine is doing right now is a hot streak. His shooting percentage is absurdly high since February 23rd. He's not generating enough shots on his own to score this many goals long term.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Buddy I have posted before that what Laine is doing right now is a hot streak. His shooting percentage is absurdly high since February 23rd. He's not generating enough shots on his own to score this many goals long term.

I don't think anyone assumes he'll keep up 1.5 GPG for much longer. But goal-scorers are streaky. What he's doing is just a normal scoring streak for elite scorers. He'll come back down to earth but he'll also have similar stretches every now and then where he scores on insane pace. So does every elite scorer.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Well isn't this kinda obvious? It's not like he will continue to score over goal per game on average from now on till eternity. Streaks are completely normal especially for goal scorers, it doesn't make his totals any less impressive.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
What? Can you read? This poll does not ask who made the playoffs last year.
This poll is also not about who can score the most goals as you seem to have elevated Laine past Matthews because of his awesome run if scoring the last month.
Laine is a hell of a player top goal scorer in the league in my opinion but Matthews brings more to the table while also being able to score with the best of them.
Like I said before. A line is made up of three players and I feel Matthews and Marners play would make that third player on the line better because of the way each player drives the play on offense and defense and even strength.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Laine is the best goal scorer in this poll. He has 43 goals in 72 games. And is just starting to look like the player some have projected him to be. Barzal is a offensive driving 2 way Center with 73 pts playing with 54 assists. Again the best offensive driver in this poll. Now no one knows how it would look if these 2 teamed up, but it doesn't take a big leap to surmise, it could be Hull and Oates 2.0 with Laine's shot and ability to find open space and Barzal's great vision and passing touch to find him. Pretty easy choice for me.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Think you have him confused with that Soldier poster, that guy has more personalities than Sybil.

I never posted on the Jets forum. I am not stupid enough to create multiple user names go to the Jets forum to troll Laine and Jets posters. Truly sad and pathetic when someone does that. But as BlueShakhead and others will attest to, it happened with that poster.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
TWS did basically the same thing on the Leafs board, only for years

Bad try. I only changed user names, like you did from BetterthanFederov to CantlosewithMatthews. Not the same thing of what he did. Of creating multiple user names and trolling the Jets board or using a similar name to mine.

Oh jesus. I think I have to quit this board...

The poster is not being truthful, and he knows it. Look above. But this isn't about me. As much as he tries to save his pal by pivoting. Jets and Finnish fans know the truth.

Reactions: Plural

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bad try. I only changed user names, like you did from BetterthanFederov to CantlosewithMatthews. Not the same thing of what he did. Of creating multiple user names and trolling the Jets board or using a similar name to mine.

The poster is not being truthful, and he knows it. Look above. But this isn't about me. As much as he tries to save his pal by pivoting. Jets and Finnish fans know the truth.
no, I meant pose as a fan to troll the board. I don't care what account you used

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Still not the same thing. Not really admirable behavior, but not the same. At all.
It's not identical, but it's pretty much the same idea. He posted on a board he wasn't a fan of for a significant amount of time in a deceitful way, to try to get a reaction out of people. if anything it's worse, because he did it for years rather than one day

Reactions: bionic

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
no, I meant pose as a fan to troll the board. I don't care what account you used

You seem more upset with opinions that do not meet yours. This is more of a problem with you than a problem with the poster. People can be fans of teams but change to neutral fans any time, in this case over many years ago. Not sure what your problem with this is. This is why I post on the Main board exclusively now. I enjoy Laine, Barzal, Rantanen, Konecny, Provorov, Connor, Debrusk, Draisaitl, Doughty, Pavaleski, Stamkos, Lundvist, Getzalf, Marchand, McDavid, Eichel, Tkachuk, Dunn, and even Leafs players like JVR, What's your problem with this?

Regardless, I would like you to retrack that statement. I am no way like the other poster. I do not create dual profiles, go to other teams boards and troll them. Which is what you claimed. This is defamatory. You know this. What you said has serious consequences.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Which pair would you take moving forward?

Is this another Leaf's thread created by a non leaf fan?

gthmb-wonka-gene-wilder-jpg.jpg

We own these boards...lol!

Reactions: BayStreetBully

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You seem more upset with opinions that do not meet yours. This is more of a problem with you than a problem with the poster. People can be fans of teams but change to neutral fans any time, in this case over many years ago. Not sure what your problem with this is. This is why I post on the Main board exclusively now. I enjoy Laine, Barzal, Rantanen, Konecny, Provorov, Connor, Debrusk, Draisaitl, Doughty, Pavaleski, Stamkos, Lundvist, Getzalf, Marchand, McDavid, Eichel, Tkachuk, Dunn, and even Leafs players like JVR, What's your problem with this?

Regardless, I would like you to retrack that statement. I am no way like the other poster. I do not create dual profiles, go to other teams boards and troll them. Which is what you claimed. This is defamatory. You know this. What you said has serious consequences.
no it's not and no it doesn't. I said you did basically the same thing, in that you trolled fans on their own board by pretending to be something you aren't. If that bothers you so much, maybe you shouldn't have done it

How come you stopped being a Leafs fan right when they got good though?

Reactions: bionic

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Barzal centering Laine. That would be a scary thought for the rest of the NHL.

One of the 1-2(McDavid the other) best young elite playmaking Centers feeding the best young pure goal scoring snipers this league has seen.

This would be Hull and Oates 2.0 all over again.

Comparing a rookie to Adam Oates knowing the whole team's stats are inflated hahaha

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
BayStreetBully aka "The Winter Smoulder" joined at the Jets boards and started trolling in every Laine thread. When approached he told people he was a huge fan of Ehlers from Denmark. None believed. The day he got caught was the funniest ever. Almost as epic as reading these denials. :D

Yep, another one that speaks the truth. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic when he was caught.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It's not identical, but it's pretty much the same idea. He posted on a board he wasn't a fan of for a significant amount of time in a deceitful way, to try to get a reaction out of people. if anything it's worse, because he did it for years rather than one day

There's a difference. I don't understand how you can't see it. Creating fake account is way more pathetic. It's spineless version of trolling. How anyone can be proud of it is beyond me. Not only do you spend your time trolling people on internet forum, you know it's so pathetic that you don't have the guts to even do it under your own account (which is also anonymous). And proud of it. I guess people can be proud for having no spine. Most wouldn't though.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
BayStreetBully aka "The Winter Smoulder" joined at the Jets boards and started trolling in every Laine thread. When approached he told people he was a huge fan of Ehlers from Denmark. None believed. The day he got caught was the funniest ever. Almost as epic as reading these denials. :D

How'd it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad