Matthew Tkachuk or Mitchell Marner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Might want to edit that last sentence. And although I agree with your conclusion if you're a fan of both teams why didnt you correct any of the other people saying its ainec for marner. We all have our biassss and I hate when people try to say they're completely objective next time just say "as a leafs fan.."

Leafs and Flames are 1a and 1b champ. I have no bias when comparing Marner and Chucky. Not going to comment on every post. Are you saying you don't think Marner has the higher offensive ceiling? He is so much more dynamic than Tkachuk. That's no slight on Tkachuk, he's more skilled than he gets credit for and is no offensive slouch. Conversely, Tkachuk excels at the net front game and has the physical side to the game which Marner does not. Completely different styles of play.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You can watch them play and see it, I know it's hard to stay up and watch a Flames game, but give it a try. Just because one has a better rookie season in his D+2 than the other does in his D+1, doesn't mean much in the grande scheme.

Tkachuk's puck dominant, and has a ridiculous set of mitts too. You add in the power game, which is galaxies beyond Mitch, the penalties drawn, the pestiness that gets people losing their minds as well as just the overall size... Kid's a beauty, and it's fun in Calgary watching him become one of the elite wings of the league.
yeah of course. if your player is way behind statistically, the way to win is to accuse the other person of not watching. Your homerism is ridiculous

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Tough to say, I like tkachuk more but I’m obviously biased. It’s almost a need based thing really, tkachuks game is better suited for the West.

To put it in terms both teams would understand, I think marner has a higher offensive ceiling but if he was a LW I think Tkachuk-Matthews-Nylander would be a better line than Marner-Matthews-Nylander

Different styles of play with similar value, those saying it isn’t close on both sides need to get real. It’s very close

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
i wouldnt want to trade Tkachuk for Marner and Im sure leaf fans wouldnt want to do the reverse

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn’t trade Tkachuk for Marner, but I can’t blame anyone for taking Marner here.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
You can watch them play and see it, I know it's hard to stay up and watch a Flames game, but give it a try. Just because one has a better rookie season in his D+2 than the other does in his D+1, doesn't mean much in the grande scheme.

Tkachuk's puck dominant, and has a ridiculous set of mitts too. You add in the power game, which is galaxies beyond Mitch, the penalties drawn, the pestiness that gets people losing their minds as well as just the overall size... Kid's a beauty, and it's fun in Calgary watching him become one of the elite wings of the league.

I say he is the next Alex Burrows!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
yeah of course. if your player is way behind statistically, the way to win is to accuse the other person of not watching. Your homerism is ridiculous

36 points in 51 games vs 37 points in 56 games.
Way behind statistically.

Let's also look at advanced statistics:
Matt Tkachuk: 57.53 CF% (5v5 SVA), 6.66 relCF%,
Mitch Marner: 51.88 CF%, 2.5relCF%

Like I said, you're talking about guys with similar offensive upside, one just brings more of everything else.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Sometime's I think Tkachuk maybe more important to our future than Gaudreau. I always end up going with Gaudreau but just the fact that it occurs to me.

And I view Marner as a discount Gaudreau.

So ya. Tkachuk is just such a gem to have on your team in ways that don't show up as points.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tkachuk and it's not even close

I dont like soft skills

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
It's damn close right now. Don't see how anyone can say it isn't.

For me, it's Tkachuk. For the poll, it's Marner... for now.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Tkachuk is a complete player. If he played in Toronto this wouldn't be close. He's one of the best defensive wingers and I do think his offensive ability is underrated.

Reactions: Gaudfather

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I remember when Marner was better than Gaudreau. Gaudreau could miss the rest of the season and still outscore Marner by 5-10 points.

Coin toss at this point, but I'll take Tkachuk based on how he's progressed this year.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Good poll

2 very different players
2 awesome players

I’ll take Marner. Skill over grit

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Marner has more skill and that's what matters

ales Hemsky and Patrick Sharpe also has more skill then Kesler, so you think Hemsky is better then Kesler? fail of an argument as usual coming from you guys.

Went with Tkachuk

a little bit less offence, but tips the scale having far more grit, physical play, toughness, peskyness,
6'2 202 vs Mary Marner 5'10 175 lbs, gtfo anyone choosing Marner.

put it this way.

tommorow my team faces the Anahiem Ducks in a best of 7. I am given the choice of 1 player.. options is 2 players.
1 Mathew Tkachuk
2 Mitch Marner

easy choice.

Last edited:

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
ales Hemsky and Patrick Sharpe also has more skill then Kesler, so you think Hemsky is better then Kesler? fail of an argument as usual coming from you guys.

Went with Tkachuk

a little bit less offence, but tips the scale having far more grit, physical play, toughness, peskyness,
6'2 202 vs Mary Marner 5'10 175 lbs, gtfo anyone choosing Marner.

put it this way.

tommorow my team faces the Anahiem Ducks in a best of 7. I am given the choice of 1 player.. options is 2 players.
1 Mathew Tkachuk
2 Mitch Marner

easy choice.
Yep, the choice is Marner.

Mar 14, 2015
Tkachuk is better right now but Marners ceiling is so high and I would take Marner going forward. Cant blame people choosing Tkachuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad