Matthew Tkachuk or Mitchell Marner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I can see arguments for both depending on what team would be picking between the 2. For the Flames, Chucky is such a perfect fit.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Except last year when he scored 61 points to Tkachuk's 48?

Reactions: Kelly

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Tkachuk.
And it's not particularly close.

Similar offensive upside, one guy brings everything else.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Tkachuk.
And it's not particularly close.

Similar offensive upside, one guy brings everything else.

Can we wait till Tkachuk scores more than 48 points before we say the have similar offensive upside?

Boy you'd think the Leafs would be shit with how they lose almost every player poll on this site yet have the 7th best record in the league

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Can we wait till Tkachuk scores more than 48 points before we say the have similar offensive upside?

Boy you'd think the Leafs would be **** with how they lose almost every player poll on this site yet have the 7th best record in the league

You can watch them play and see it, I know it's hard to stay up and watch a Flames game, but give it a try. Just because one has a better rookie season in his D+2 than the other does in his D+1, doesn't mean much in the grande scheme.

Tkachuk's puck dominant, and has a ridiculous set of mitts too. You add in the power game, which is galaxies beyond Mitch, the penalties drawn, the pestiness that gets people losing their minds as well as just the overall size... Kid's a beauty, and it's fun in Calgary watching him become one of the elite wings of the league.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Boy you'd think the Leafs would be **** with how they lose almost every player poll on this site yet have the 7th best record in the league
Yeah apparently we were missing playoffs this year because we overachieved last year and were miraculously healthy :laugh:

2013-2014 Colorado Avalanche 2.0 they told us!

But yeah for the poll: Marner AINEC. Watch both of them play and it becomes abundantly clear who's the better player.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You can watch them play and see it, I know it's hard to stay up and watch a Flames game, but give it a try. Just because one has a better rookie season in his D+2 than the other does in his D+1, doesn't mean much in the grande scheme.

Tkachuk's puck dominant, and has a ridiculous set of mitts too. You add in the power game, which is galaxies beyond Mitch, the penalties drawn, the pestiness that gets people losing their minds as well as just the overall size... Kid's a beauty, and it's fun in Calgary watching him become one of the elite wings of the league.

LOL I've seen him plenty thanks. You can watch Marner and see it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Marner's offensive ceiling is MUCH higher and that's what tips the scale here.

So in a perfect world, Marner's a PPG LW?
In a perfect world, Tkachuk's a 70-75 point LW?

I don't see there being a MUCH higher ceiling here. I like Marner, but their offensive upsides are actually pretty parallel.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Tkachuk is underrated. He’s barely had any PP time until recently. The guy is going to be a #1 W.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

As a fan of both teams who watches almost every Flames/Leafs game I can say that you are either incredibly biased or you don't watch the Leafs to make this Statement: "Tkachuk. And it's not particularly close."

It is very close between the two. Marner has much more offensive skill and his ceiling is way higher. I'm not arguing that Tkachuk isn' a beauty because he is a fantastic player with underrated skill.

I will give the slight edge to Marner long term simply due to his offensive ceiling but I can see an argument being made either way. Those that state it's close are delusional.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
As a fan of both teams who watches almost every Flames/Leafs game I can say that you are either incredibly biased or you don't watch the Leafs to make this Statement: "Tkachuk. And it's not particularly close."

It is very close between the two. Marner has much more offensive skill and his ceiling is way higher. I'm not arguing that Tkachuk isn' a beauty because he is a fantastic player with underrated skill.

I will give the slight edge to Marner long term simply due to his offensive ceiling but I can see an argument being made either way. Those that state it's close are delusional.

Might want to edit that last sentence. And although I agree with your conclusion if you're a fan of both teams why didnt you correct any of the other people saying its ainec for marner. We all have our biassss and I hate when people try to say they're completely objective next time just say "as a leafs fan.."

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So in a perfect world, Marner's a PPG LW?
In a perfect world, Tkachuk's a 70-75 point LW?

I don't see there being a MUCH higher ceiling here. I like Marner, but their offensive upsides are actually pretty parallel.
Marners a right wing.

Homer voting, I'm a huge fan of Marner and I think he's going to be an incredible player, have since his London days. Tkachuk also is a great player, but I prefer Mitch.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
Marner is obviously more skilled thats why tkachuk has 7 more goals in 5 less games right? I think they are pretty close but I give the edge to tkachuk FOR NOW because he brings a lot more in that he plays on one of the best two way lines in the league always gets his team involved physically and has drawn 5 more penalties than anyone else in the league. Also the argument that Marner is more skilled holds no weight because tkachuk is no slouch either he literally takes 2 between the legs shots per game and did you see him break fleurys ankles the other night? More skilled doesnt mean anything until you prove you can convert on your chances consistently. A better argument is marner is a much better skater while tkachuk does most of his damage along the boards. Good poll, I was just about to make this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad