Waived: Matt Puempel Nov 20 | Claimed by NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Puempel showed nothing of substance here, not good enough for top 6 and not strong/gritty enough for bottom 6.

Lol why are we 7 pages in lmaoooooooo

You know Canadians are passionate about hockey right?

Man it's a good thing you haven't been to the Leafs and Habs board if that suprises you.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You know Canadians are passionate about hockey right?

Man it's a good thing you haven't been to the Leafs and Habs board if that suprises you.

I'm as passionate as anyone on these boards but we milked Puempel to death. We gave him every opportunity and he's looked "meh".

7 pages = there is something to seriously discuss, with Puempel there isn't. If he breaks out elsewhere it sure as hell won't be because he showed signs of it here.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So do we get compensation?

Nope, that's what waivers is. You risk losing guys for nothing.

Puempel wasn't exactly put in a position to succeed, but not once in his time in Ottawa have I saw him and thought he needed more ice-time. He has never stood out to maker the coach give him more the way guys like Dzingel/Stone/Hoffman/Pageau have.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
So do we get compensation?

Yes according to a poster on the trade boards. NYR pays Ottawa $56,250 which doesn't count against the cap.

I don't understand the CBA stuff but I think this happens whenever someone is claimed.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Truth be told, it's got to the point where he's been in the System for so long and had such little effect that I don't think I'm going to miss him.

Best of luck to the kid, of course, but meh.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
God this thread is painful to read through (even though I gladly skipped much of it). Just so much whining about losing 1st rounders and blah blah Murray this blah blah Dorion that....God, you think every other team's 1st rounders always pan out? Also, I don't see how we mismanaged Puempel either here or in Bingo. The kid was given every opportunity and while he was glued to the 4th line this season, it was the only way he got to play in the NHL at this point. He's a bust, what can you do?

Anyway, it seems every thread on here these days is just constant whining. I wonder how some of you even manage to watch a game through all the tears.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How many pages will this thread go? Imagine if Puempel scores a goal or two in New York? Get out yer pitchforks!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
God this thread is painful to read through (even though I gladly skipped much of it). Just so much whining about losing 1st rounders and blah blah Murray this blah blah Dorion that....God, you think every other team's 1st rounders always pan out? Also, I don't see how we mismanaged Puempel either here or in Bingo. The kid was given every opportunity and while he was glued to the 4th line this season, it was the only way he got to play in the NHL at this point. He's a bust, what can you do?

Anyway, it seems every thread on here these days is just constant whining. I wonder how some of you even manage to watch a game through all the tears.

Agree 100%.

Can't go in any thread anymore without seeing some type of whining. It's fine to be critical and all, but when all you do is complain constantly it gets tiresome. This place has been this way for about 2 or 3 seasons now.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dumping all over the Brian Lee selection in '05, for instance, is fair game, as we bypassed a number of guys who went right after him who went on to have very good to excellent NHL careers. Puempel, on the other hand, was a late first rounder taken in a band of players who have collectively haven't done much in the NHL. The six picks after him have either been complete busts or semi-competent, quasi-replacement level NHL players. There isn't one player in that group who you look at and say, "Wow, we could have had that guy on our team!" Check the history of late first rounders overall - there's a ton of Matt Puempel-esque guys taken there every year...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

So much this!!!:handclap:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I remember being quite excited that we moved up to select Puempel in 2011.

All the best to Matt in New York, however here is to not scoring a hat trick against us on Sunday :laugh:

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
What the hell do you guys expect this thread to be? A bunch of people posting about how pleased they are a former first rounder has been waived?

What's typical hfboards is people give their opinion, and then a 'core group' of regulars come in and **** on people for posting anything at all. And then that crapping on posters makes up the last two pages of any thread as you exchange witticisms about how stupid everyone else is.

A first rounder waived and you complain that the thread is negative. Give me a break.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What the hell do you guys expect this thread to be? A bunch of people posting about how pleased they are a former first rounder has been waived?

What's typical hfboards is people give their opinion, and then a 'core group' of regulars come in and **** on people for posting anything at all. And then that crapping on posters makes up the last two pages of any thread as you exchange witticisms about how stupid everyone else is.

A first rounder waived and you complain that the thread is negative. Give me a break.

A poster complaining about posters who complain about posters. Yep, this is the end, my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad