Waived: Matt Puempel Nov 20 | Claimed by NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Kid hasn't shown much of anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if somebody took a flyer on him though. Mid first round pikc and all

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Puempel was just a stand in. The team needed to dress 18 skaters, no depth: so he was here by default.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Oh well. Was hoping we could at least get a pick for him. Maybe he'll still clear and help out Bingo,

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I was a big fan of getting the best pure goal scorer in his draft but he definitely looks like a bust at this point. Time to move on I guess.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Agreed. He had one of his better games. Not any close to actually being what was expected of him, but still better.

Eh, I think if he played like that every game he would have been a pretty solid player. He obviously hasn't. That said, I'm not surprised he was waived, just surprised it came after his best game of the year by far.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Matt has a history of being able to put the bun in the oven at lower levels.......

Would not surprise me if Matt he is claimed as all teams can use more scoring....

He is like the left handed starting pitcher in baseball they are given many chances to make it..................

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think he'll get claimed....whether that matters at this point.

I highly doubt he gets claimed. There have been much better player that were waived this year that went unclaimed.

Eh, I think if he played like that every game he would have been a pretty solid player. He obviously hasn't. That said, I'm not surprised he was waived, just surprised it came after his best game of the year by far.

Yeah. It's too bad really. We gambled on Puempel when Prince showed much more in much less.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Slowly but surly getting rid of Murray's mistakes.
1st round bust, thanks Murray.

All the love for Murray these past 7 years are flying out the door....... :shakehead

I don't mean you 2 posters, I'm just referring to all the members on this Forum (You know who you are) who were defending his moves and ideas, when all he accomplished was a revolving door of players and coaches. Thank god we had good scouts..... :amazed:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Last night's game was probably the last straw. Puempel was directly responsible for the Jokinen goal and Lazar came in and instantly made a bigger impression than Puempel did. I thought Puempel just needed a shot with skilled guys like Brassard, but I was wrong. At least in this small sample size, this guy was handed an ideal situation with spots being opened by so many players getting injured including MacArthur's initial injury and he failed to take advantage of it.

Will probably make a good addition to Da Costa's wing in the KHL though.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Had the highest SAT% on the team (except McCormick and Lazar small sample sizes) Thought he was playing well as a 4th liner. Problem is that he was not drafted to be a 4th liner... But what can you do with 08:34 of TOI/G with grinders?

Anyway, another team will pick him up and he'll go full Zibanejad/Prince/Silfverberg on us!

EDIT : lol hopefully he goes back to Bingo and help them score more goals

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
1st round bust, thanks Murray.

I blame Dorion more than Murray for early round pics. He was the head scout or asst GM who did most of the jr scouting and received accolades and prided himself on that part of the job. He's fixing his own mistakes.

Puempel has a better chance of being picked up now than early in the season since he's still pretty young and teams have had a chance to assess their rosters. They've probably tried to trade him to every team. If I was Dorion I'd be pretty pissed at any team that takes him for free but wouldn't give a mid to later round pick for him!!!! I'd mark that in my little book and get even later!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Had the highest SAT% on the team (except McCormick and Lazar small sample sizes) Thought he was playing well as a 4th liner. Problem is that he was not drafted to be a 4th liner... But what can you do with 08:34 of TOI/G with grinders?

Anyway, another team will pick him up and he'll go full Zibanejad/Prince/Silfverberg on us!

Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad