Prospect Info: Matt kessel

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
ga/60 at even strength
Perunovich 2.8
Kessel 1.8

Not sure the increased offense really makes up for that.
never said it did, I was replying to a post about Kessel vs Perunovich that claimed, in part, that the offensive production was similar, which it is not

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Are you counting AHL games? I call BS on that. Talk about cherry picking. Focus on the NHL.

I would go a step further. Kessel is 2years young and has played more professional games….. That should tell you something.
yes I am counting AHL games, being a pro and working on improving weaknesses is important
there is a reason the AHL exists
something that perunovich missed out on due to injuries and Kessel was able to get work in because of lack of injuries
and Kessel is younger, as he didn’t essentially miss two years because of injuries, he used the AHL “cherry picking” his time to make the improvements needed to become the dman he currently is

as for as age goes, I don’t care, if a player becomes useful at 22 or 28 it is all good, it make no difference, unless we are talking about some 8 year contract on a 30 year old

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
yes I am counting AHL games, being a pro and working on improving weaknesses is important
there is a reason the AHL exists
something that perunovich missed out on due to injuries and Kessel was able to get work in because of lack of injuries
and Kessel is younger, as he didn’t essentially miss two years because of injuries, he used the AHL “cherry picking” his time to make the improvements needed to become the dman he currently is

as for as age goes, I don’t care, if a player becomes useful at 22 or 28 it is all good, it make no difference, unless we are talking about some 8 year contract on a 30 year old

Being able to stay healthy is part of playing. You are no help to the team if you can’t stay off IR.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It is just so, so, so, so weird when people want players like Perunovich to be on the NHL roster of the team they cheer for. He is pushed around like a child. The amount of offense to get me to accept the negatives has to be Erik Karlsson level or gtfo my team. He is like a pustulant man's Karlsson.

The Kessel vs. Perunovich debate has almost nothing to do with Kessel, It's just a threshhold question of should NHL teams put these little guys out there because they need offense, just because Quinn Hughes exists. If you are a GM you absolutely had better be choosing the one super-elite guy amongst all the little turds pushed around like children, and Doug Armstrong doesn't even understand this aspect of player profile, he just senses all his colleagues want one because it's the New Thing to Have.

Krug and Perunovich are paper soft at holding the point to prevent odd mans and breakaways. They cannot do it. It is not merely a bad aspect of their game, it is a hapless catastrophe aspect of their game. If it's built in that you are going to surrender odd mans and breakaways because they aren't very strong people, you have failed already in building your team.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4