Matt Greene

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
So why aren't we scoring? Why does Lewis have one point? What about our bottom 6? revolving door at LW? We have talent, we shouldn't be so bad at scoring.

Regardless if he's hard working or not, trading him in a package for LW is good. Unless we plan on getting rid of mitchell at the end of the season, that's when you keep him.

You can fault Lewis for many things, but being lazy certainly isn't one of them. He's one hell of a hardworking player. Like I said, no player on this team is lazy. Not having talent and being lazy are two different things.

You aren't going to get the left winger we need by trading Matt Greene. And I don't give a flying **** what Dean did a while back. I would bet a large amount of money that he would never sign and trade a player again.

I believe Mitchell is going to retire.

Whatever you are smoking, I need just half. :)

Care if I have a couple tokes?

KingKopitar11*

You can fault Lewis for many things, but being lazy certainly isn't one of them. He's one hell of a hardworking player. Like I said, no player on this team is lazy. Not having talent and being lazy are two different things.

You aren't going to get the left winger we need by trading Matt Greene. And I don't give a flying **** what Dean did a while back. I would bet a large amount of money that he would never sign and trade a player again.

I believe Mitchell is going to retire.

He's done it before so don't be unrealistic. He's a businessman first and a locker room guy second. He wouldn't be a GM if he was. Greene+ would land you a left winger. Not him alone. He's a nice asset.

He's a good guy, but if you want to improve the team, you do what you go to do.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
He's done it before so don't be unrealistic. He's a businessman first and a locker room guy second. He wouldn't be a GM if he was. Greene+ would land you a left winger. Not him alone. He's a nice asset.

He's a good guy, but if you want to improve the team, you do what you go to do.

I know he has. And I don't think he'd do it again. JJ was the perfect storm meeting another perfect storm. That + would have to be pretty big to get a legitimate, solidified top-six left wing, which is what we need.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
There were just doing a post game interview with Landeskog and I was thinking since when did Greene get traded to Colorado! :laugh:

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
I don't think you move Greene when you have a question mark with Mitchell.

If you lose Mitchell, Regehr moves up with Voynov, and you try to resign Greene to skate with Martinez.

If you keep Mitchell (and maybe you wouldn't cause he's oldish), then you can think about moving Greene.

In any case, depth on defense is necessary in the playoffs. Just ask Vancouver fans about Andrew Alberts (my favorite Canuck). Greene is here till the summer, if you ask me.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't think you move Greene when you have a question mark with Mitchell.

If you lose Mitchell, Regehr moves up with Voynov, and you try to resign Greene to skate with Martinez.

If you keep Mitchell (and maybe you wouldn't cause he's oldish), then you can think about moving Greene.

In any case, depth on defense is necessary in the playoffs. Just ask Vancouver fans about Andrew Alberts (my favorite Canuck). Greene is here till the summer, if you ask me.

Agreed.

Mitchell's injury concerns keep Greene here in a reserve role, although I don't think he has much of a future beyond this season. I think DL signs an upgrade on D this offseason with the extra cap space.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
DL is too soft on the players as it is, let him set it as an example to this team that you can't loaf around and play like nothing bad can come out of it.
And how is that a jackass move? Maybe for the player, but it raises value of the player being signed instead of a UFA.

Those are 2 stars compared to a 3rd pairing to a defenseman. apples and oranges.

Are the Kings that hard up for assets they would act like an utter ****** by signing a player they have NO intentions of keeping just for a better pick?

Lombardi is the GM, meaning he manages a team as well as people. He may trade Greene or let him walk, but the Kings are now being recognized as a top class organization that players would want to play for. Pulling this **** just to increase trade value will undo that.

KingKopitar11*

Are the Kings that hard up for assets they would act like an utter ****** by signing a player they have NO intentions of keeping just for a better pick?

Lombardi is the GM, meaning he manages a team as well as people. He may trade Greene or let him walk, but the Kings are now being recognized as a top class organization that players would want to play for. Pulling this **** just to increase trade value will undo that.

Some of the things people say make it sound like Greene is signing a 10 year contract extension and then getting traded, better yet, I don't think doing that to a third pairing defenseman with average value is really gonna be anything other players around the league give a **** about.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Mitchell will have to be replaced down the road. Same goes for Greene. it looks like WM can still play. Greene I'm not sure. He is slower than he has been, because of his injuries. I think Mitchell will be extended. Greene probably not. I hope DL can bring a top 4 defenceman via FA or trade.

Nikitin and Girardi would be the best options, if they make it to FA.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Greenes has been a healthy scratch a fair amont of late. Regher got us to pay 2 2nds. Kings don't have a 2nd in this draft. I would look at getting a 2nd and a 7th defenseman ( someone who would be better then Shultz) I honestly don't see the kings resigning him. With him missing as many games in the past two years. I don't see him worth more money even the same to be honest. I do however see teams like philly washington nyr giving him a raise should he get to free agency . I would rather get something for him then let him go for free aka suderi

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Greene and Stoll were killing the team by taking too many hooking and tripping penalty's. But I still think the kings should resign Matt Greene.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
D is not our problem.

Management clearly wants 1-0, 2-1 games so D will always be a priority under this regime. Not much on the market via free agency this summer, Boyle and Markov are the elite so guys like Greene and Mitchell will probably be able to find a nice pay day. Boyle would be nice in a win now mode with the window closing. Having him out there with Doughty would be a nice combo and they may even score some goals. Maybe 3-2 games to really get the fans excited!:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad