Matt Greene

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Forbort's not ready and Campbell is a #7 at best. So no, LA doesn't have a replacement that can step in right away. Except maybe Bodnarchuk, but that's a maybe.

I don't think it matters that Bodnarchuk plays bigger than he is, he's too small to fill Greene or Mitchell's shoes.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Put him on Richards LW.

Seriously... what does that line need.... Vanek/Moulson/Camm.... it would be nice for the Kings to find a large guy that can skate through center with the puck and pass to Richards/Toffoli. Yeah every team wants that. Greene could be great in the dump/chase game that Toffoli was doing with King. Also Green is a Right hand shot so after he and his 234lbs go smash someone in the LW corner Green comes out facing his goal looking to make a pass. Being a right hander puts his forehand pass to the center of the ice. Is Greene going to beat anyone with a skill move to the net. NO. Could Greene WTF PWN someone and beat that person out of the corner? Can he recieve a pass on his back hand at center ice? Who cares dump that puck in the offensive zone.

Basically King 2.0

-Dig puck out/smash guys in face/buy time on boards by using large body to fend off other team
-Pass to Richards/Toffoli
-After pass crash net
-Win

Also just picture MG free to skate through center ice like a predator stalking it's prey.

Greene for LW!!!!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Keep him. When he plays well, he gives the Kings a good physical presence and penalty kill.

When he doesn't, he sits.

Imagine another Mitchell injury and Greene on another team.

KingKopitar11*

If a reasonable agreement could be made, I would absolutely keep him. But like I said, I bet that he signs with Edmonton for some ridiculous contract like 5 years/25 million.

:facepalm:

Nice. It's not like teams don't sign players and trade them for better value. Must of taken a long time to come up with that response lol.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Keep him. When he plays well, he gives the Kings a good physical presence and penalty kill.

That would be ugly and flat out scary. Right now I think Greene is still trying to play through his injury and came back too soon. He'll be needed come playoffs.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Nice. It's not like teams don't sign players and trade them for better value. Must of taken a long time to come up with that response lol.

Come on, your better than that. We don't have a jackass GM. Yes, I realize he has done similar things in the past, but he I highly doubt he would do that, especially with Greene.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Either no one takes Greene for Left Wing like a real proposal or I'm on everyone's ignore list. :laugh: Could go either way. It rhymes so it's got to work.

Be a way of keeping him in the line up. He is 234 and likes hitting people and if King can play on the first line why can't you teach Greene to play on the 3rd LW?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Either no one takes Greene for Left Wing like a real proposal or I'm on everyone's ignore list. :laugh: Could go either way. It rhymes so it's got to work.

Be a way of keeping him in the line up. He is 234 and likes hitting people and if King can play on the first line why can't you teach Greene to play on the 3rd LW?

:laugh: I didn't even see that post!

Greene vs. Brent Burns. Go!

KingKopitar11*

Come on, your better than that. We don't have a jackass GM. Yes, I realize he has done similar things in the past, but he I highly doubt he would do that, especially with Greene.

DL is too soft on the players as it is, let him set it as an example to this team that you can't loaf around and play like nothing bad can come out of it.
And how is that a jackass move? Maybe for the player, but it raises value of the player being signed instead of a UFA.
Examples that aren't from Philly/Holmgren's mental dumpster fire?

Those are 2 stars compared to a 3rd pairing to a defenseman. apples and oranges.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
DL is too soft on the players as it is, let him set it as an example to this team that you can't loaf around and play like nothing bad can come out of it.
And how is that a jackass move? Maybe for the player, but it raises value of the player being signed instead of a UFA.

Those are 2 stars compared to a 3rd pairing to a defenseman. apples and oranges.

I definitely don't question Matt Greene's heart. He doesn't loaf around and he holds himself accountable more than most players I've ever seen. It's a jackass move because a contract is a negotiation in good faith that you want a player to stay with you; star or not, why would ANYONE sign with LA when they see that you're just a commodity rather than a person/player? It's ethically wrong because it's misleading someone to draw "more value". DL's tenure has really done as much as possible to show players are an important part of the team and are human beings. Also, sure, Richards/Carter are better players than Greene, but it would be godawful to treat your "A" like that on ANY occasion. I'd argue it's even worse because you're sending the message to the average player that they're trash. I'm not sure why it needs to be explained why a sign-and-trade is a backstab.

KingKopitar11*

I definitely don't question Matt Greene's heart. He doesn't loaf around and he holds himself accountable more than most players I've ever seen. It's a jackass move because a contract is a negotiation in good faith that you want a player to stay with you; star or not, why would ANYONE sign with LA when they see that you're just a commodity rather than a person/player? It's ethically wrong because it's misleading someone to draw "more value". DL's tenure has really done as much as possible to show players are an important part of the team and are human beings. Also, sure, Richards/Carter are better players than Greene, but it would be godawful to treat your "A" like that on ANY occasion. I'd argue it's even worse because you're sending the message to the average player that they're trash. I'm not sure why it needs to be explained why a sign-and-trade is a backstab.

Fair points, but you think signing greene to a one year extension, then trading him is really a backstab? It's not like you're giving him a 4-5 year contract, that's more of a back stab.

Greene doesn't loaf around, didn't say he did, I'm talking about the players on this team, they need to get the message that this a business, and if you don't do your job then you will be cut off the team.

These guys are millionaires, gotta be more strict on them, and have them bust their *****. We scored 4 goals yesterday in which seemed like an eternity, if they are going to act like children, then they should be treated like kids.

And regardless trading greene, signed or not, would be a good move, because our LW is atrocious.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle

This x1000. Getting rid of Greene torpedoes any chance at a long playoff run if we get hit with injuries. No chance while San Jose and St. Louis are huge mountains to overcome on the way to a Cup.

I'm so happy some of you guys aren't the GM. Some horrible asset management ideas in this thread.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Matt Greene is one of the hardest working players on this team. And we don't have any 'loafers'.

Loyalty is loyalty.

Wilson singed Setoguchi then traded him

*Fanning the flames*

Jackass move by a jackass organization led by a jackass GM.

KingKopitar11*

Matt Greene is one of the hardest working players on this team. And we don't have any 'loafers'.

Loyalty is loyalty.

Jackass move by a jackass organization led by a jackass GM.

So why aren't we scoring? Why does Lewis have one point? What about our bottom 6? revolving door at LW? We have talent, we shouldn't be so bad at scoring.

Regardless if he's hard working or not, trading him in a package for LW is good. Unless we plan on getting rid of mitchell at the end of the season, that's when you keep him.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Will not happen.

Goes against everything Dean Lombardi stands for, and would look really bad for potential signees.

It seems right on par with the way he's handled some pending free agents. The way he handled Cammy was pretty tactless using the media to create a monster out of him. And....... he signed and traded Visnovsky.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Last year I had them ranked...

Scuderi
Greene
Regehr

This year I have them ranked...

Regehr
Mitchell
Greene

Mitchell has been invisible this year, which is essentially his game, and is a +9. Regehr is 10x better than he was last year, and a +4. Greene is younger than both, but this is his straight year injured. He has played ONLY 29 games in the past two seasons. Even though it was a half season last year, he played only 5 games.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
If we don't trade him for a LW upgrade, then keep him. I don't think Forbort or Gravel are ready yet, maybe Bodnarchuck, but I'd still take Greene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad