Waived: Matt Fraser (claimed by the Oilers)

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Matt will be okay in Edmonton. 20 games, 6 goals, 8 assists and a -15.

I can see the 6 goals but not the 8 assists. On the Oilers -15 is a bit optimistic, the opposition will need to hit some posts with him on the ice.

Has tunnel vision on the ice, he doesn't even look to make a play. The only thing he has confidence in is his shot and he overuses it.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I will be surprised if this happens.

Fraser seems like a good kid, works hard, but other than the shot, he doesn't have NHL speed, isn't a natural hitter, and doesn't create his own offense. IMO, he was doomed to fail with Clode using him on the 4th line because that's not his thing. I think the only way he would have succeeded here was with a center to tee it up for him. I really would have liked to see him get more time on the LW with Carl and Loui.

I agree with all of this. Though even if he were given more time w/ Soda & Loui, unfortunately I don't think he would have made it here.

He's on the ice w/ Edmonton tonight, wearing #28.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I will be surprised if this happens.

Fraser seems like a good kid, works hard, but other than the shot, he doesn't have NHL speed, isn't a natural hitter, and doesn't create his own offense. IMO, he was doomed to fail with Clode using him on the 4th line because that's not his thing. I think the only way he would have succeeded here was with a center to tee it up for him. I really would have liked to see him get more time on the LW with Carl and Loui.

Great post - bang on

remer

Oct 18, 2005
This move still makes no sense if the Bruins did not have another move to make. There were other players eligible to be sent down to the AHL. Maybe MacT hoodwinked Chia . A wasted asset, gone for nothing.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This move still makes no sense if the Bruins did not have another move to make. There were other players eligible to be sent down to the AHL. Maybe MacT hoodwinked Chia . A wasted asset, gone for nothing.

Would the other move be part of the other moves we were told about by PC as he announced the Boychuk trade, or would these other moves be another other move?

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

I've been wondering if he put the waiver out as soon as the Roy waiver happened, hoping Froyo would pass thru unscathed with the more lucrative Roy as cover.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Would the other move be part of the other moves we were told about by PC as he announced the Boychuk trade, or would these other moves be another other move?

I've decided either Chia was blowing smoke when he said there were other moves to be made of those moves got nixed when the defense started dropping like flies.

IMO the Boychuk trade hurt the team a lot this season.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I've decided either Chia was blowing smoke when he said there were other moves to be made of those moves got nixed when the defense started dropping like flies.

IMO the Boychuk trade hurt the team a lot this season.

It certainly did. The biggest impact it had IMO, was mental. The team saw the GM weaken the squad right before the season kicked off, and they've been playing uninspired, disinterested hockey ever since.

A Healthy Kelly*

*in loud, frantic, high-pitched voice* ITS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Who cares, fraser blows, does anyone think he wasnt gonna score when he left? It was on the pp, lets see how many he bags ES

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Oh my God if we honestly start watching this stiff like we did Seguin we have become the Islanders. Come on people...we are better than this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad