Waived: Matt Fraser (claimed by the Oilers)

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Feel bad for the kid. Not put in the right spot to succeed with this BS team.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Must have killed Chia to put Fraser on waivers, makes the Seguin trade look even worse. Hopefully it will be the first of many moves to get rid of the deadweight on this roster.

BudMovin*

Ouch. Too bad they didn't try him on the powerplay.

He wasn't good enough defensively to be on the powerplay. You know how things go here. Would have made too much sense to park his ass at the circles and feed him shots on the powerplay.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I don't know which jokes I enjoy more, the ones about our system, or the ones about Chia constantly evaluating.

I hope neither ever, ever stop though lol

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well he had his chance.

24 games 3 goals 0 assists 3 points with a -5

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
boots too slow. he showed flashes of improvement there, but not enough. best game was against ottawa - really was two shifts. he did throw the body, which is more than i can say for the majority of this sad sack outfit. not sure anyone picks him up. as for the seguin deal, c'mon, the trade itself was crap but fraser was never more than a throw-in "prospect".

trudatman*

....BS team.
hehe.

so, it looks like the evaluating is over. this only makes any sense if the next few days are messy with transactions. if it's just giving away a prospect in favor of the oft-failed Caron favorite son getting his seventeenth chance to fail, it's a b. s. move. here's to lots of action in the blanks before the new year.

LUC/KRE/___
MAR/BER/SMI
___/SOD/ERI
___/CUN/___
CHA/SEI
MOR/HAM
KRU/MIL(MCQ)
RAS(SVE)

then they can cap it off with a real roster move or not. those blanks need serious improvement and it is also time to put Chara and Seidenberg back together -- for the rest of the season and the postseason if they make it -- and bring Morrow back up. Trotman is not an answer. Bartkowski can be the injury substitute. get anything you can for:

Caron
Fraser
Florek
Khokhlachev
Spooner
Kelly
Campbell
Paille
Trotman
Warsofsky
Knight
Ferlin

then make a quick evaluation and pull the trigger on a smart roster move if what you got back isn't sufficient.

thinking it through, though... what are the chances the Bruins do the right thing here? they'll probably just let Fraser walk, plug Caron back in and call the "evaluation" over and the problems fixed.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
who cares?

my only question would be, did Chia try to deal him, and if so, i would think there was zero interest.

Again, who cares? A borderline 13th forward is only going to net another borderline 13th forward in trade. We've got plenty of those hanging around already, as do 29 other teams.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
boots too slow. he showed flashes of improvement there, but not enough. best game was against ottawa - really was two shifts. he did throw the body, which is more than i can say for the majority of this sad sack outfit. not sure anyone picks him up. as for the seguin deal, c'mon, the trade itself was crap but fraser was never more than a throw-in "prospect".

This.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
A good kid who supposedly has an NHL shot but is too slow to get open to use it. Add in that he doesn't use his size and the move is pretty obvious.

That said....rearranging the 4th line mix won't solve the root problems.....deeper and more significant changes are needed

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Again, who cares? A borderline 13th forward is only going to net another borderline 13th forward in trade. We've got plenty of those hanging around already, as do 29 other teams.

that was pretty much y point.

no one was even going to bother to throw a 6-7 rd pick for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad