Speculation: Matt Duchene Thread Part... Just get a trade done already

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Hanifin is off the table for Duchene, per Ron Francis directly. It is a term issue.

Canes can offer one of:
1) Victor Rask + 2nd
2) Top Prospect (Jake Bean or Martin Necas) + 2018 1st + B-level Piece

I just don't see how CBJ doesn't pull this off. They have SO much to offer. It's just essentially a point of what they're NOT willing to give up.

But then again, that's why I thought this would have been done in the offseason.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If Avs wanted Murray a trade would've happened already. They want Carlsson + Prospect + 1st, Hanifin + 1st, or Chabot +

lmao

Joe needs to find a new job

It's been written online that the Hurricanes are deep in discussions to get Tavares, so we don't need Duchene.

Rick Nash was worse.

Yeah, no chance Car lands him in a trade. Islanders are not trading their franchise center to a division rival on the upswing.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I just don't see how CBJ doesn't pull this off. They have SO much to offer. It's just essentially a point of what they're NOT willing to give up.

But then again, that's why I thought this would have been done in the offseason.

I agree. CBJ has the assets to move for a Duchene trade & are the perfect fit.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It's been written online that the Hurricanes are deep in discussions to get Tavares, so we don't need Duchene.

Where have you read this?

Also, how about:

Vince Dunn + Jordan Kyrou + something small for Duchene

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If it's a term issue, why shouldn't the Avs wait until Duchene can be extended and see if Francis is willing to do Hanifin then? What's the point in taking a lesser return before exploring that option?

Canes fans have been saying that for a while. It's the only way that Colorado sniffs a guy like Hanifin.

No harm in waiting. The Canes are supposedly in discussion with NYI for Tavares. They would be giving up Hanifin++ in that deal for a much, much better player. I think most Canes fans are more excited for that route and don't care much about Duchene anymore.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Care to elaborate further? This made my pupils dilate when I read it because this is news that should be reported.

There's a full thread on the Canes board to discuss the exciting news.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Canes fans have been saying that for a while. It's the only way that Colorado sniffs a guy like Hanifin.

No harm in waiting. The Canes are supposedly in discussion with NYI for Tavares. They would be giving up Hanifin++ in that deal for a much, much better player. I think most Canes fans are more excited for that route and don't care much about Duchene anymore.

They probably called the Isles about him, like the 29 other teams doing due dilligence. The Islanders are gonna trade their franchise center to a division rival on the upswing?

Edit: I've been trolled

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I've gotta ask, what's the record for main forum trade threads for one player? We've gotta be getting close at this point, no?

Luongo....that guy went through at least 12 Bond themed threads....and then a bunch of Beatles song title threads....

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
i look forward when my children are old enough that i can introduce them to the ongoing Duchene threads that will still be ongoing

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
i look forward when my children are old enough that i can introduce them to the ongoing Duchene threads that will still be ongoing

Lol, Sakic is going to re-sign him to an 8 year deal, then immediately put him on the trade block....but never get offered quite enough....

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've gotta ask, what's the record for main forum trade threads for one player? We've gotta be getting close at this point, no?

I dunno if we have yet...but we will by time Matt is traded on the eve of the 2018 draft...

My prediction is that he's dealt for a package of Ryan Murray, young forward and a high pick.

No idea how long it will take Sakic to realize that it's a good offer though.

Whether it's a good offer or not depends a lot on whether that young forward is someone like Bjorkstrand or someone like Milano

Hanifin is off the table for Duchene, per Ron Francis directly. It is a term issue.

Canes can offer one of:
1) Victor Rask + 2nd
2) Top Prospect (Jake Bean or Martin Necas) + 2018 1st + B-level Piece

I think I'd take Necas, 1st and b piece. But I think Necas is just as gifted as Aho and what I consider a B-prospect is probably an A-prospect for you guys.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We were. Before he turned out to be a real Jackoff. Whether it's him, or his agent playing hardball...CBJ doesn't play that way.

Neither does Torts
This seems to be a little extreme. I'd say CBJ fans want Anderson here and he's working for a contract. There hadn't been any real issues until the recent statement saying we are trying to embarrass him. At this point as much as I personally feel Anderson is a guy you win titles with if they want to trade him in a Duchene trade it HAS to be with Murray and there is no pick added. Just them 2 for Duchene. But I wouldn't call Anderson a ******* here at all I'd call his agent a *******.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I dunno if we have yet...but we will by time Matt is traded on the eve of the 2018 draft...

Whether it's a good offer or not depends a lot on whether that young forward is someone like Bjorkstrand or someone like Milano
just saying watch Milanos play this offseason so far and look at every person either coaching or in management talk about him. He's been NHL ready for a year or 2 in a mid 6 role but there was only room for injury call ups. This year of Anderson isn't signed Milano is a shoe in and he is apparently very strong and and focused this year. Just give last preseason game or tonight against the pens a watch and see what you think. He's playing for a spot so you should see reasonable effort and likely at least a point or 2.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
As someone who lived through that atrocity, this is worse. Nash was rumored on the block at the deadline, was dealt in late July. Duchene has been on the block for a year and still nothing.

Well the offers clearly weren't there.

Odds are that they have declined since the trade deadline (which makes sense).

Sakic is not willing to sell at the lowest point of his value and is betting on Duchene starting off hot and other teams realizing that they have to stop with the 2 year rental ******** (when was the last time a guy of Duchenes walked when his team was willing to pay up?) and realize that they kind of need center help right now.

I mean there are already signs there, that teams are finding out that there center position right now could use more work than they thought.

Once the losses start to pile up early, there is a decent chance that someone will up their offer.

As an Avs fan I just have to hope that Sakic will be ready to pounce then and be willing to readjust his asking price downwards to make it happen once that opportunity presents itself.

I am not hopeful that Joe is smart enough to get it done but it makes sense to keep him for now. He has looked very good in camp and preseason so far.

So might be a gamble worth taking...

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
His value gets lower and lower every day he gets closer to walking for nothing.

This is like watching a pathetic gambler chase after their own money. All you can do is laugh at this point. Feel bad for Duchene though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
just saying watch Milanos play this offseason so far and look at every person either coaching or in management talk about him. He's been NHL ready for a year or 2 in a mid 6 role but there was only room for injury call ups. This year of Anderson isn't signed Milano is a shoe in and he is apparently very strong and and focused this year. Just give last preseason game or tonight against the pens a watch and see what you think. He's playing for a spot so you should see reasonable effort and likely at least a point or 2.

Hey if he shows that when the season starts I'll tip my cap to him; but I've never been a huge fan of his and am not sure he had any top tier skills like i'd want the centerpiece of a Duchene trade to have...like Bjorkstrand's shot n nose for goal or Fiala's hands n creativity.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
His value gets lower and lower every day he gets closer to walking for nothing.

This is like watching a pathetic gambler chase after their own money. All you can do is laugh at this point. Feel bad for Duchene though.

Or until he can sign an extension with his new team the way ROR did...

That said, who cares about his "value"? The only things that will change the situation now are Duchene's contract status changing via a pre-arranged extension or by another GM getting desperate enough to do "whatever it takes". Neither of those depend on Duchene's value in a vacuum...although they could be effected by the season starting with Duchene reminding people of how good he is when not having the worst 3-4 month stretch of his career.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Had good laugh few days ago another stupid Eklund rumour about him hearing Duch for Trouba. No chance Jets consider a straight up trade. Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad