Speculation: Matt Duchene Thread Part... Just get a trade done already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
I don't see it personally. If I'm Sakic, I don't want to move Duchene for such a big question mark unless there is a lot coming back with Galchenyuk. I don't think Galchenyuk has that much value or is that in demand league wide. Think about it logically, he's flamed out with two coaches, he has a pretty substantial cap hit if he isn't being used in a top 6 role, he's being put on the 4th line right now apparently, and he still hasn't been traded.....Don't you think the Canadiens would have moved him by now if other GMs were stepping up offering them a decent return? Or that he would have been moved prior to the Canadiens signing that extension?
A lot coming back? For Duchene?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Pierre McGuire on TSN 1200

"I spoke to a management team, they definitely want to be a player. They have already made an offer, I just don't know what the offer is, but they already said it's substantial so I believe them. They're just trying to figure it out because it looks like it would have to involve another team. So there's lots of moving parts in the Matt Duchene front, but I also think at one point you're gonna see that he will be moved"

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/mcguire-winning-won-t-keep-duchene-in-colorado-1.882454

My prediction? COL/CBJ/OTT with Turris involved. Makes a lot of sense since CBJ wants a C and presumably either cannot or will not pay COLs price for Duchene. Ottawa basically trades Turris to CBJ for pieces that Sakic specifically wants for Duchene, and then adds more on top of that to meet Sakic's price. It's also a spot on Ottawa radio....so although he won't say the team he is referring to, maybe talking about it that way on Ottawa radio is a big hint that the management team he is talking about is Ottawa's.

Just because an offer is "substantial" doesn't mean that it's the right offer. Without knowing the details of the allegedly substantial offer, it's hard to even speculate about how it fits for the Avs.

Also, the way McGuire worded it sounds like the team wants to be in on Duchene, and have made their offer, but there's really nothing in what he said that indicates the Avs are interested in the offer, or that the two teams are actively working towards a deal. If anything, it sounds like their substantial offer was rejected, and they're trying to figure out plan B, because they still want him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
hahaha people think he resigns in colorado. Unless management and coaches changes there is a 0% chance. I am confident he doesn't give a **** about a hot start.

"I am going to publicly ask for a trade and then walk it back after 5 games because we scored a couple goals!"
While I'm sure Duchene has made it clear to Sakic that he'd like to be traded, he has never publicly asked for a trade like you just suggested.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Just because an offer is "substantial" doesn't mean that it's the right offer. Without knowing the details of the allegedly substantial offer, it's hard to even speculate about how it fits for the Avs.

Also, the way McGuire worded it sounds like the team wants to be in on Duchene, and have made their offer, but there's really nothing in what he said that indicates the Avs are interested in the offer, or that the two teams are actively working towards a deal. If anything, it sounds like their substantial offer was rejected, and they're trying to figure out plan B, because they still want him.

I wasn't commenting on whether the offer was legitimately substantial. The important nugget there was that it was the second time the prospect of a three way deal was mentioned in the media. That's what the discussion has been in my last few posts here, 'has anybody heard anything else about a 3 way deal'.

I posted the audio links/transcriptions for others to be able to see what I was referring to. Make of it what you want.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I wasn't commenting on whether the offer was legitimately substantial. The important nugget there was that it was the second time the prospect of a three way deal was mentioned in the media. That's what the discussion has been in my last few posts here, 'has anybody heard anything else about a 3 way deal'.

I posted the audio links/transcriptions for others to be able to see what I was referring to. Make of it what you want.

Well honestly every team that is interested aside from maybe the Canes, Sens, Rangers and Jackets and maybe Nashville need a three team deal to make it happen.

The Islanders don't have a quality ,young NHL ready LHD they can trade for Duchene that Sakic would want. Neither do the Blues, Sharks, Canadiens, Flames.
And I think he was probably talking about one of these teams...
Maybe add the Bruins to the list but probably not.

So yeah. I don't think he was talking about Ottawa.
He said that this management team is basically prepared to do whatever it takes to get him because they believe Duchene would turn them into an instant contender.

If Ottawa were this management team he was talking about, that deal would have been done a longtime ago with Duchene centering your 1st line while Chabot would be getting his feet wet with the Avalanche in the NHL right now...

I mean they even sent Chabot down. So by trading him, they wouldn't even have to subtract from that instant contending roster they seem to believe they have on their hands..

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

And, to me, it sounds like McGuire is saying that someone from some team essentially said "we want Duchene, our offer couldn't get us Duchene, so we're going to have to maybe get another team involved to see if we can still make this work."

But, to answer your question, there hasn't been anything about a 3 way deal in the Denver media. Of course, I'm not sure the Denver media is aware the Avs are currently 3-1, and don't really expect them to have any useful information about the Avs.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No interest in Galchenyuk unless it's at a significant discount. We already have Yakupov and Andrighetto as our talented reclamation projects along with a bunch of prospects like Kerfoot, Compher, and Jost in the line-up.

I honestly don't think Duchene is going anywhere, the earliest I can see him being shipped off is the trade deadline.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Too much damage done, completely idiotic management. They essentially kicked Duchene while he was down, the guy is by all sources a pretty good human being, I'm sure the guy didn't want to come out demanding a trade while having the season he was having last year. I don't see them repairing this, the stronger the season goes for Duchene the more confidence he will have asking for a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad