Speculation: Matt Duchene Megathread - All News/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Problem here is Sakic seems to value Duchene as a first line center... Not many teams outside of probably Columbus or Carolina needs that. Duchene on most teams is a number 2 and on others is a number 3 (his aav is pretty high for a 3 tho) so heres the problem... Sakic wants teams to pay for a number 1 center but... Duchene is probably valued as a number 2. Something gonna have to give here soon. You cant start the season with this distraction.

At one point Duchene was a 1C his role changed when Mac was drafted. At this point his value is going down and expectations realistic or not are a crap shoot. The only way anyone will find out is pull the string on a trade. One thing for sure on a sputtering team like Colorado has been his numbers do not support being a 1C but on a stronger team he could well be.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
At one point Duchene was a 1C his role changed when Mac was drafted. At this point his value is going down and expectations realistic or not are a crap shoot. The only way anyone will find out is pull the string on a trade. One thing for sure on a sputtering team like Colorado has been his numbers do not support being a 1C but on a stronger team he could well be.

Well, in Montreal he'd be our #1 C for sure. We might double shift him too.:laugh:

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Duchene will be dealt today.

Go_On.jpg

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hes a UFA in 2 years... Hes not going to sign. Hes not getting that so i guess you lose him for nothing in 2 years.

I swear, some of you must be copying and pasting from the ROR threads. And I'll give the same response: that's not happening. And, just like last time, I'll be right.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I don't think the Penguins can afford to move an NHL Dman at this point

Penguins best offer is likely

Sheary
Jarry
1st

Maybe throw in Derrick Pouliot as an additional prospect.

I also think the AVs would need to retain some salary to make things work Cap wise for the Penguins (1mill per year say).

Doubt either the trade or the retention is something the AVs are going to do so we can likely count the Penguins out of the mix.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't think the Penguins can afford to move an NHL Dman at this point

Penguins best offer is likely

Sheary
Jarry
1st

Maybe throw in Derrick Pouliot as an additional prospect.

I also think the AVs would need to retain some salary to make things work Cap wise for the Penguins (1mill per year say).

Doubt either the trade or the retention is something the AVs are going to do so we can likely count the Penguins out of the mix.

Colorado won't be interested in that, and Pouliot...seriously? You are just playing games.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The Duchene trade rumors have literally been ongoing for like 2 years now dude. What rock have you been living under?

2 years? So at the time we traded ROR, Duchene rumors were a big thing?

So, what the hell has been going on for 6 months?

The internet has been picking apart the worst NHL team in 20 years and assumes they need to make impulse moves.

Blows my mind how some people state their opinions as absolute facts.

Here let me try.

All these trade proposals are a waste of time because Duchene is going to bounce back this year with the avs and sign a new 8 year contract with them next summer. It is known.

This is the first post that has made sense since it merged and appears to be what Sakic is thinking, crazy or not. Especially given our first two picks of this past draft. If we thought we would be soon getting holy crap dmen for MD, why would we draft holy crap dmen when we need help everywhere?

Duchene was never on the block. GMs called Sakic asking and he responded with an insane ask and hasn't come off of it. Plain and simple. The media and GMs needing a center created the rest. If he doesn't get it, he will roll the dice with a 26 year old former 30 goal scorer, former 60+ point guy, former all-star, former best faceoff guy in the league on his hopefully improving team.

Worst case trade him at literally either of the next 2 trade deadlines. From the Avs POV, a deal does not have to get done now.

IMO, only move him if he is a cancer to the team or if you get your insane ask. If the team wants him back, welcome him back with open arms and put 2016-17 behind them.

Bread Man

Jun 23, 2017
As a CBJ fan I am ok with Murray or Carlsson, 2018 First, and a prospect/young player. I wouldn't include Jenner or Cam (both have been linked but have scored 30 goals in the NHL). I don't see the point of losing a roster defender and top 6 forward to acquire 1 forward.

At this point I would rather the jackets get Kovy who would love to play with Panarin and Wennberg. That line would easily score 100 goals. The jackets also give up a lot less for Kovy.

The trade I outlined and Kovy would be awesome just not for Cam or Jenner. Murray and Carlsson are good players/prospects, 2018 first, and a legit prospect. I don't think he merits a 1st and 2-3 roster players.

We just got Panarin for Brandon Saad. I wouldn't trade Jenner/Cam, Murray, and a first for Saad.

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
I hear he is going to be a Leaf.

Kadri
Jvr
Rychel
2018 1st ( unprotected )

For

Duchene
Barrie

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I hear he is going to be a Leaf.

Kadri
Jvr
Rychel
2018 1st ( unprotected )

For

Duchene
Barrie

Yeah Hell no. The whole point of Duchene being available to begin with was getting a defenseman.

And then we trade him for 3 forwards and a pick AND also add one of our few good Ds ?

Yeah. Never gonna happen.

Duchene will be dealt today.

I would so much love for you to be right but I am 90 % sure that you won't be.

I don't think Duchene will get traded at all. And if it happens it will not happen in the next few days atleast IMO.

Will maybe even require some sort of injury to an established player to make that happen...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
kingdoughty (prior thread) said:
Ok, so why do you want him then? Duchene came into the league hot and is a legit star. You don't agree with that, don't try to pry him off a desperate team.

Because I do think that he can bounce back and so he's worth the risk of at least inquiring after. Much like most folks.

* * *​
Pierce Hawthorne (prior thread) said:
Right back at you.

You're dreaming if you think you'll get Duchene for the garbage that's being suggested in this thread.

It will be Murray + Carlson + at minimum.

If it was anything less a trade would have already happened. :laugh:

See, I can turn this right back around and say that a trade has not yet happened because Sakic keeps asking for absurd demands like that which people will not meet. And, indeed, my supposition here would actually be supported by the data, since there's plenty of folks out there saying that Sakic is asking for too much.

* * *​
Avalanche Risk (prior thread) said:
You can pretend to negotiate on behalf of CBJ if you want. No one here can stop you. But a Duchene for Carlsson deal would immediately be considered one of the top 3 worst NHL trades of all time. I would expect it to only look worse over time, though I obviously can't predict the future.

For that reason alone (i.e. appearances), you can rest assured that Sakic won't be dealing Duchene for Carlsson as the centerpiece.

I never claimed Carlsson was fair value straight up. That's insane. But we're not trading both Murray and Carlsson. Our blueline cannot afford that kind of hit.

I have no problem with the idea that Carlsson doesn't work as a centerpiece for the Avs. But that doesn't mean we're open to trading multiple blueliners.

* * *​
strictlyrandy (prior thread) said:
I'm still confused. Why do people insist Ryan Murray is good when he isn't?

I'm still confused. Why do people insist Matt Duchene is a star #1C when he isn't?

* * *​
Oh that's not what he said. Carlsson was requested, but it's possible that he was requested IN ADDITION to Murray.

Today we learn that people here do not know the difference between reporting and speculation. It is an important thing to be aware of with Portzline.

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
Why would the Avalanche add Barrie?

So you feel that Kadri, JVR, Rychel and an unprotected 1st is worth duchene alone? Lmao c'mon.

Duchene is a .73 ppg player and has a career high of 70 points

Kadri is a .63 ppg player and has a career high of 61 points

JVR is a .64 ppg player and has a career high of 62 points

Rychel is a solid B prospect

Unprotected 1st.

If you broke down the deal it looks like

Kadri, Rychel and a 1st unprotected for duchene

JVR for Barrie

Now dont tell me JVR doesnt get you barrie lets not revisit the Hall situation.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
At this point I'm just laughing. We've been going on and on about Duchene for so long it doesn't even feel like real life anymore.

If he's traded for anything less than a young top 4 LHD/1st round pick/decent forward prospect everyone will cry about how Sakic got fleeced. If he is traded for more than that everyone will cry about how the other GM over payed for Mopey Matt.

There is no winning anymore. No one will be happy with the outcome of this situation. Absolutely no one. :laugh: :cry:

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
What if Brian Dumoulin was the pens main D going to Colorado? Do you like him more than Maatta?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well, in Montreal he'd be our #1 C for sure. We might double shift him too.:laugh:

Congratulations! You may have the key to getting a trade. You double shift him and it's like trading for TWO top 6 centers. Then you can give Sakic the value he thinks Duchene - well two Duchenes - is worth. :laugh: :laugh:

kingdoughty

Jan 10, 2009
Re-watch the 2014 olympics and get back to me. You guys are so delusional... Duchene is an absolute stud. At this point he is better than Mackinnon. Has Mackinnon ever scored 30 goals or won a gold medal? No. Fans are so degenerate it makes me want to stop watching sports. No respect for the stripes guys earn... no loyalty to what people have done for you. Makes me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad