Dreger: Matt Duchene Mega-thread:Habs, NSH, NYI inquired - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
1st + Forward prospect. Forward prospect being one of Scherbak or Mccarron. Habs can add a cap dump like DD or Plekanec if they wish for cap reasons.

As for the pick, I think I'd be flexible.

If the Habs add a cap dump I'd definitely require a 1st. If it's a pick this year, definitely their 1st. If it's a pick next year...I'd take a second.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
Well I would trade Tanev (27) or Hutton (24) for Duchene, both are good players like Duchene and you'd have them for longer than the team trading for Duchene would have Duchene.

If you take the Hall/Larsson trade into account, I think it makes some sense. (Tanev/Duchene, different styles but both top line guys) You could have a nice building block in Tanev to help stabilize the team while young players develop, you have to develop the young guys the right way right or else the draft picks will be useless.

Tanev is signed for 1 year longer than Duchene and Hutton reaches UFA 1 year after Duchene. It's not exactly the time frame the Avs are looking for when trading their 26 year old #1 center.

The value for a Duchene/Tanev deal isn't far off. It's just not what Colorado is looking for.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Would deff pull the trigger on Sergachev + Scherbak + 2018 2nd + DD for Duchene and get rid of Pleks in the summer

If you could guarantee a Cup to the Habs with that trade, I'd pull the trigger too. It's a gamble.

We're talking about having one of Sergachev or Duchene in the line-up for the next three playoffs which is our window, right?

Sergachev has a good chance of cracking the line-up in September, upside is Gonchar territory whilst being cost-controlled.

I think MB knows no-Sergachev would leave a much bigger hole on D than the hole up front with not having Duchene. And MB loves his D...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Beaulieu + McCarron + 2017 1st + 2017 2nd + DD....

That's what I would offer.

Sergachev is too valuable to the Habs imo. And could be an impact player as early as next season (again imo).

We would need to add a dman elsewhere to fill Beaulieu's spot.

This discussion of our 'window' leads many to believe that we need to go all in immediately. Moving players like Sergachev only makes that window smaller given our current lack of depth on defence in the pipeline.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Beaulieu + McCarron + 2017 1st + 2017 2nd + DD....

That's what I would offer.

Sergachev is too valuable to the Habs imo. And could be an impact player as early as next season (again imo).

We would need to add a dman elsewhere to fill Beaulieu's spot.

This discussion of our 'window' leads many to believe that we need to go all in immediately. Moving players like Sergachev only makes that window smaller given our current lack of depth on defence in the pipeline.

That offer is pretty bad for the Avs.

If you want Duchene, you will have to part with Sergachev.

If you don't want to give up Sergachev, there won't be a Duchene.

Doubt there is anyway around that.

There is no way that MTL will have Duchene AND Sergachev on their roster next season IMO...

The rest of your pieces that are realistically available for trade are simply not close to good enough to getting it done...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
That offer is pretty bad for the Avs.

If you want Duchene, you will have to part with Sergachev.

If you don't want to give up Sergachev, there won't be a Duchene.

Doubt there is anyway around that.

There is no way that MTL will have Duchene AND Sergachev on their roster next season IMO...

The rest of your pieces that are realistically available for trade are simply not close to good enough to getting it done...

Fair enough, I would still prefer to keep Sergachev. If that means no Duchene...I'm fine with that.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Tanev is signed for 1 year longer than Duchene and Hutton reaches UFA 1 year after Duchene. It's not exactly the time frame the Avs are looking for when trading their 26 year old #1 center.

The value for a Duchene/Tanev deal isn't far off. It's just not what Colorado is looking for.
Fair enough. Can't disagree with that. Very reasonable.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Montreal managment doesn't like Galchenyuk.

They'll probably trade him for Duchene. :shakehead

Somewhat comparable, older... Fits the bill! :sarcasm:
I would definitely do Sergachev + 1st 2017 + DD for Duchene, even though it stings losing Serg. No to adding Scherbak/Macaron on top but nice try tho.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Well, fun fact, Duchene on the Denver post today "I always loved the Habs, growing up as a Habs fan, my father was a die hard Habs ect'' Saw the interview on RDS3 just now..

Done deal..

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Can this bandaid be pulled off already.

God.. Avs fans have been toyed with so much from the ROR fiasco, to thinking Barrie was 100% going to be moved, and now to Duchene, who a year or 2 ago we would've said he's an Avalanche for life.

I know it's smart to wait for the best offer, but damn knock me out and wake me up when it's a done deal.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I really don't think Habs should worry too much about resigning him if they acquire him.

Agreed. I mean, of his two favorite teams, he's currently playing for one and the other is actually a Cup contender...I don't think he'd have any reservations about re-signing with the Habs once his contract is up.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Can this bandaid be pulled off already.

God.. Avs fans have been toyed with so much from the ROR fiasco, to thinking Barrie was 100% going to be moved, and now to Duchene, who a year or 2 ago we would've said he's an Avalanche for life.

I know it's smart to wait for the best offer, but damn knock me out and wake me up when it's a done deal.

Yeah, agreed. And if it's going to be a Duchene for Serg base deal, wouldn't both teams be better off to get it over with? Give Duchene plenty of time to settle in with the Habs before the playoffs and let the Avs go full tank mode. But maybe if we're after their 2017 1st, that isn't ideal for us.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
so they are now saying :

Shaw Gally Galchy Beaulieu 1st + Hudon vs Duchene Landeskog Iginla Zadorov

OH LORD !! Mb is also in the dining room with Sakic .... dear Hockey30 stop playing with rumor I wanna laugh but not this way :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is it uncommon for Bergevin to travel with the team? I'm pretty sure Sakic goes on most the road trips.

I think he's referring to this:

I think most gms travel with their teams on road trips.

So nobody should be making such a big deal out of this tweet.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
The only thing missing now is a list of healthy scratches from both teams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad