Speculation: Matt Duchene Mega-Megathread | Volume IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It certainly did. But you are free to believe what you want.

Would trade Ottawa Chabot right now for Duchene?

Hell no. He had an amazing season afterall.

Would they have traded him 12 months ago?

You can bet on it.
Nope never happened ,do you have any proof it did??We did see Zibby and a 2nd get traded.For a LHC just as i predicted before it actually did happen.Take a look at the trade thread if you dont believe me :nod:

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
There's also PLD. And we might be able to live with a few games of Vigneault at #4C - or play Foligno at C.

...and isn't Jenner supposed to be ready to go by the season opener?

PLD could likely slide in at the 4LC and Sedlak would play 3LC.

Jenner / Dubinsky, whichever is healthy would be the 2C to start the season.

But, imagine playing everyone at the positions they've played for the majority of their careers...

Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson
Foligno - Duchene - Bjorkstrand
Jenner - Dubinsky - Anderson/PLD
Calvert - Sedlak - Milano/Abrimov

Werenski - Jones
Savaard - Johnson
Murray / Carlson - Nutivaara / Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korprisolo

Now that, is a sharp roster.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nope never happened ,do you have any proof it did??We did see Zibby and a 2nd get traded.For a LHC just as i predicted before it actually did happen.Take a look at the trade thread if you dont believe me :nod:

It's your prerogative to believe or not believe the insiders, but that's the offer that's still haunting Sakic and why he's so stubbornly holding onto hope that he'll get another great offer like that again instead of just settling for the best he can get now. :dunno:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Again Roy could say anything he wanted to .But it still doesnt make it true .Maybe Roy said this to make Sakic look the fool on his way out ??But us adding Chabot to Zibby never happened:nod:

I'm curious why you spend your day lurking around an internet forum when you know more about Patrick Roy's conversations with the Senators than Patrick Roy does. Shouldn't you be out making money with your talents?

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
That 3rd line would be a headache to play against. Skilled, physical and tenacious.

Werenski - Jones
Savaard - Johnson

Bobrovsky
Korprisolo

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
That 3rd line would be a headache to play against. Skilled, physical and tenacious.

That's why I am shocked nothing has been done to being in the Dueche.

I'm okay with trading PLD bc of his bonuses on the contract. If we move him, we keep anderson. If they want Anderson, we keep PLD. Great!

They don't want Milano, that's okay they can have Abrimov. We are so deep in our non, center forwards that there is no reason we can't get something done.

Even if COL was like hey, our D needs some serious renovating.

Here, take Murray and your choice of Harrington/ Nuti / Carlson. Boom you have 2 top 6 defensemen.

It's head scratching.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
That's why I am shocked nothing has been done to being in the Dueche.

I'm okay with trading PLD bc of his bonuses on the contract. If we move him, we keep anderson. If they want Anderson, we keep PLD. Great!

They don't want Milano, that's okay they can have Abrimov. We are so deep in our non, center forwards that there is no reason we can't get something done.

Even if COL was like hey, our D needs some serious renovating.

Here, take Murray and your choice of Harrington/ Nuti / Carlson. Boom you have 2 top 6 defensemen.

It's head scratching.
Do you really view PLD/Milano and Carlsson/Harrington as equals?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Meh. I'm down with the rumored Murray, Bjorkstrand & 1st offer, even if Sakic wasn't, but Anderson doesn't do it for me. Would rather gamble on Abramov or maybe even Stenlund if PLD & Bjork are off the table.

You're not getting Stenlund, no. He's our poor man Malkin.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm curious why you spend your day lurking around an internet forum when you know more about Patrick Roy's conversations with the Senators than Patrick Roy does. Shouldn't you be out making money with your talents?
Again Avs fans, think we offered something based on what one of their paid employee,s or in Roys case a terminated employee .Said in the media:laugh:

It never happened ,I understand the desire for many Avs fans not to look silly ,after throwing out so many unrealistic trade proposals and scoffing at most team,s decent ones .To want to believe this, but I think most can see its just not true ....Sakic overplayed his hand and some of the most homerish fans cant accept this :nod:

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH

Oh no, not at all. Harrington is a pro 7th defensemen and Carlson is a blue chip upincomer who I feel will have a Jack Johnson esq career. No where near equals.

And PLD and Milano are different style players. I don't believe I compared those two but rather PLD / Anderson and Milano / abrimov.

I suppose my point is if Columbus really wanted to get this deal done...they have the ammunition to do so.

Very deep all around except down the middle.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Again Avs fans, think we offered something based on what one of their paid employee,s or in Roys case a terminated employee .Said in the media:laugh:

It never happened ,I understand the desire for many Avs fans not to look silly ,after throwing out so many unrealistic trade proposals and scoffing at most team,s decent ones .To want to believe this, but I think most can see its just not true ....Sakic overplayed his hand and some of the most homerish fans cant accept this :nod:

I'm convinced. You're a real winner. I'm sorry I ever told you you're incorrect. Please give me a heads up when you write your next book. I'm excited to read the edited version of The Bible so I can hear what really happened.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's incorrect. Initially it came from an insider who is neither paid by the avs nor Roy; who doesn't slip things often but has provided great insight before when he has; and it wasn't said in the media, it was initially told to some of us in private last summer; before getting out a few months later.

But if you don't want to believe it that's your call.

You're not getting Stenlund, no. He's our poor man Malkin.

As I said, I'll settle for Dubois or Bjorkstrand instead :sarcasm:

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I would have to think Murray + Anderson + pick is enough to get it done..

I would actually prefer to send them Calvert instead of a pick. It makes the salary pretty close to a wash. Gives the Jackets what they want and the Avs get three players that would be on their roster. I'm sure it will get panned, but oh well.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Yeah...i seriously doubt this happened.

at least thats what im gonna believe before i cry myself to sleep tonight thinking there's a tiny inkling it could be true lol

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I would actually prefer to send them Calvert instead of a pick. It makes the salary pretty close to a wash. Gives the Jackets what they want and the Avs get three players that would be on their roster. I'm sure it will get panned, but oh well.

I didn't even think anyone else would want Calvert.

I was praying Vegas would have taken him.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
PLD could likely slide in at the 4LC and Sedlak would play 3LC.

Jenner / Dubinsky, whichever is healthy would be the 2C to start the season.

But, imagine playing everyone at the positions they've played for the majority of their careers...

Werenski - Jones
Savaard - Johnson

Bobrovsky
Korprisolo

So the Avs are just giving you Duchene now?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah...i seriously doubt this happened.

at least thats what im gonna believe before i cry myself to sleep tonight thinking there's a tiny inkling it could be true lol
It didnt,Otawa,s defense was in shambles .Most specifically on the left side at the time the proposal was to have been made.In fact it was a point that our fans repeatly tried to tell Avs fans that we could not trade a good LHD prospect even if we wanted too.

We offered some Reclaimation projects in Cowen and Wiercioch,along with Zibby,and possibly a pick .But Chabot from our side and our media was never brought up to be moved in any deal involving Duchene

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It didnt,Otawa,s defense was in shambles .Most specifically on the left side at the time the proposal was to have been made.In fact it was a point that our fans repeatly tried to tell Avs fans that we could not trade a good LHD prospect even if we wanted too.

We offered some Reclaimation projects in Cowen and Wiercioch,along with Zibby,and possibly a pick .But Chabot from our side and our media was never brought up to be moved in any deal involving Duchene

Chabot was a piece we were using last summer, whether you want to believe it or not

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

I think what's being implied there is that Columbus has a variety of solutions to fill out their roster after a Duchene trade.

Most Duchene proposals consist of 6th or 7th best prospects, a few half-baked picks, yada yada... when in reality, Columbus has the versatility in prospects to acquire a guy who would make a huge difference to their roster without even partially mortgaging their future.

Losing any of PLD, Murray, Carlsson, Bjorkstrand, etc., in a trade wouldn't even remotely cripple the team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Chabot was a piece we were using last summer, whether you want to believe it or not
It absolutely wasnt,we had nothing on the left side of our defense.Most realsitic fans saw this .Unless you actually believed both Cowen and Weircioch were going to get better??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad