Confirmed with Link: Mason Raymond to Anaheim

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Too much frenzy for me. :surrender

I know we should be expecting some of these cheap plug signings, but why Raymond, seems that he could have done better. My theory is that for every bad move, Murray goes for these long shots, so that if they work out he looks like a genius, and when people go "Bieksa! WTF?", the next person says, "Well, but look how Raymond worked out".

Have any of the bargain bin signings actually worked out though? Other than Penner kinda sorta, not really.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Have any of the bargain bin signings actually worked out though? Other than Penner kinda sorta, not really.

Have many really not worked out relative to the price paid? Last year's collection of Horcoff, Stewart and Santo all worked out. They didn't turn out to be winning lottery tickets, but they all contributed well enough for their price tag.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Raymond wouldn't sign a two-way deal; he'd take the guaranteed money in Switzerland over a chance to end up riding buses in the AHL at a lowered salary. On a one-way contract, he will not be in San Diego (unless it's for the scheduled post-injury conditioning stint).

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Raymond wouldn't sign a two-way deal; he'd take the guaranteed money in Switzerland over a chance to end up riding buses in the AHL at a lowered salary. On a one-way contract, he will not be in San Diego (unless it's for the scheduled post-injury conditioning stint).

Some AHLers get pretty decent guarantees nowadays, and you can't crack the NHL if you are in Europe. Don't think it will be, that's just a hope, but wouldn't be that surprised.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Still need depth regardless. I find it quite silly when fans complain about these types of signings. I get that it's frustration boiling over from lack of bigger moves, but there's nothing wrong with this specific transaction.

Yeah, even if we spent to the cap, there would still be signings like this.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Good cheap depth signing. Slight possibility of him rebounding with an old coach and some old teammates, but more likely just a decent bottom 6 or 13th forward.

Price is excellent, too.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Good cheap depth signing. Slight possibility of him rebounding with an old coach and some old teammates, but more likely just a decent bottom 6 or 13th forward.

Price is excellent, too.

At that price he seems destined to be a 13th forward, but going to San Diego isn't out of the realm of possibility. He pretty much signed the same deal as Tropp, only just for one year. It's about as riskless of a deal one could imagine with the potential to be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad