Player Discussion Maroon Appreciation Thread

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Maroon has been a healthy scratch lately. Tough go for him in St. Louis so far.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maroon has 29 goals in 234 career games away from the Oilers and McDavid.

That's basically a 10 goal scorer over a full 82 game season.

With the Oilers he scored 49 goals in 154 games... that's a 26 goal rate over a full 82 game season.

He shot 8.5% in his games away from the Oilers over his career.

With the Oilers he shot 14.5%

I think Maroon underestimates the effect McDavid had on his scoring totals.

Yeah, Maroon is a nice guy and I liked Big Rig as much as anybody but he's not a 20 goal guy away from McD.

Those comments are not a real good look either. Seems to overrate his own contributions. He had a very poor season, making up for it now but he was shit on a plate all season.

The trouble with both Kassian and Maroon is they both disappear for long periods.

Maroon thing is done and not coming back.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maroon scoring the cup winner would be a nice finish to the year :) Of course it needs to go in after the puck went off the netting above the glass though, because NHL.

Reactions: Aerrol

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Him scoring the Cup winning goal and punching out RatBoy’s face would be the best thing that ever happened to hockey.

Reactions: Suxnet

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
He did well for us when he was here. I can respect his need to want to play close to his son. Glad he's getting to do that and also going deep in the playoffs. Win/win for him. I'd rather he be there than here. Clearly being present in his sons life is a big deal.

He's got solid character.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Always loved Big Rig. But honestly its going to hurt like hell to see him raising a cup and it not being here. That's going to be one huge hit to the solar plexus because he was one of my favorite players here.

Good for him though, not so good of a feeling here.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I am conflicted, I love Boston, its always been my second favorite team. But i hate Brad Marchand so much it almost makes me cheer against them. Then there is Patrick Maroon who is an awesome guy, a former Oiler with a feel good story of returning home, playing for his favorite team growing up and getting to the finals.

I always have an attachment to former Oiler players that were also good people. Just might be enough for me to cheer for the blues but i am very confused.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Patty is just a beauty. As the dad of a boy about the same age a Lil Rig, it nearly brought me to tears last year when Patty choked up during his interview. I both respect and admire his decision to play in St.Louis to be a bigger part of his sons life. As Holland said, “Character is people.” Maroon, at least from what we can see from the outside, embodies character. I miss him and hope he gets to skate the Cup around with his son. Go Blues!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
D86S-duXYAAVTGJ.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad