Player Discussion Maroon Appreciation Thread

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Scored the first ever goal at Rogers. Big Rig will be back. Cap going up. He will get 3.5 x 4.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Definitely one of my favourite oilers from the last decade..

Knew his job. When things were working his energy was infectious .

So long, Patty.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Best winger the team had it's last two seasons, deserves a lot of credit for the teams success last year.

One of players that had the best chemistry with McDavid.

Unfortunately because of Lucic we can't keep him.

Reactions: ujju2

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
His exit interview made me love him even more. My favorite Oiler after Connor and Drai. Best of luck in Jersey, Patty. Really hope you're back here come July.

And who can forget this favorite Patty interview in St. Louis when he cried after seeing Anthony on the monitor. All heart. What an awesome guy

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Didn't get nearly the respect he deserved outside the market or inside the market for his ability to thrive with McDavid. Three years in he's the only left winger who showed consistent chemistry with our superstar center.

It's gonna be hard to replace him I think.

Hell of a complimentary player, and from all accounts a hell of a person.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Big Rig was a beauty. Great character guy. We don't have anyone else that brings what he brings. He'll be missed. Hopefully we see him back in July.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm definitely going to miss him. Exceeded every expectation I had for him, and seemed like a great teammate and human being. Hopefully we can get him back after July 1, though I expect he will chase the biggest salary possible. As is wise for his future.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Pretty good complimentary player for Connor. Sure as hell looks better at Connor's hip than Lucic.

Maybe the Oilers do reach out to him in the summer to see if they can get a cheap deal done. Nothing wrong with a player that has chemistry with the chosen one.

Team will probably miss him unfortunately.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Based on his exit interview it looks like he will circle back here on July 1. Hopefully we can offload Lucic and bring back Maroon. Great personality to have in the locker room and was the best winger with McDavid besides Draisaitl

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Thx for being a good soldier , working your ass of in the 16 offseason to get weight down for better speed and being a complete pro in your time here.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
My favorite quote of his was simply "He deserved what he got"in which he was referencing a beat down that Kassian gave another player. Lol..That happened last year and I liked him ever since.

Reactions: CornKicker

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'll miss him. Quickly became a fan favourite and for good reason. Thanks for everything Patty

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Based on his exit interview it looks like he will circle back here on July 1. Hopefully we can offload Lucic and bring back Maroon. Great personality to have in the locker room and was the best winger with McDavid besides Draisaitl

That's not going to happen. Who in the right mind will take 4 years of Lucic at $6mil/year? On top of that, he has a NTC right?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Miss ya Big Rig. I'll never forget the time you double fisted those Flyers behind the net right after joining the team.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
That's not going to happen. Who in the right mind will take 4 years of Lucic at $6mil/year? On top of that, he has a NTC right?

Well I was thinking we could trade Lucic for a player on LTIR...or a miraculous amnesty buyout lol

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Will miss the Big Rig. This season has been horrendous all around, and he was an unfortunate casualty of it.
Posted some harsh, sometimes hateful things about his play occasionally this season, but damn it if he didn't provide some of the most tremendous memories we've had in the last 2 years.

- First ever goal at Rogers Place
- Fighting down Manning
- Bruins hat trick
- Little Rig moments

When things started to turn at the end of 2015-16 through to 2016-17, I feel he was the first piece that brought our identity some life and concreteness. However marred and shambled its become this year is certainly not on him.

Hoping we bring him back if we can move Lucic's contract out. Far prefer him as the power forward option.

Have a good playoff run, Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->