Marner or Pettersson

Marner or Pettersson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He is losing this poll not because he is a worst player than EP40. He is losing this poll because he is a winger.

lol that’s not why. Kessel used to lose polls to eberle

Rielly used to lose polls to Skej

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
lol that’s not why. Kessel used to lose polls to eberle

Rielly used to lose polls to Skej

That's a really cheap reply.

Pettersson put up 28g 66pts in 71 games in his rookie season on small ice for the first time
Marner put up 19g 61pts in 77 games in his rookie season

Petersson has over a point per game in his sophomore season and is one goal away from tying what Marner got in his sophomore season. He's 17 points behind with 31 games to go in the season.

He plays the more important position and is bigger. He's played his career on a worse team with worse linemates.

...what is the argument for taking Marner, again?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That's a really cheap reply.

Pettersson put up 28g 66pts in 71 games in his rookie season on small ice for the first time
Marner put up 19g 61pts in 77 games in his rookie season

Petersson has over a point per game in his sophomore season and is one goal away from tying what Marner got in his sophomore season. He's 17 points behind with 31 games to go in the season.

He plays the more important position and is bigger. He's played his career on a worse team with worse linemates.

..what is the argument for taking Marner, again?

What is the argument for taking mackinnon over matthews? Matthews could literally stop playing hockey for 2 years and dominate mackinnons year by year totals......

Whatever player whatever team. It’s irrelevant. It always turns out the same. Marner lost to tkachuk this year too.

heck he will lose to Kassian if you make a poll.

It’s not like it means anything

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know what part is confusing you.

Do you think Connor McDavid is better than Mitch Marner?

Do you think Mitch Marner would be fantastic on a line with Connor McDavid?

Is Leon Draisaitl great on a line with Connor McDavid? is McDavid better than Draisaitl?

I truly don't know what part of this you don't understand.

There’s nothing wrong with Marner, he’s losing the poll because he’s against a pretty elite young center.
Look I have made it clear that I don't get not voting for Marner and in the same topic saying how he's good enough to play on Pettersson's line.

Obviously McDavid is better than Marner and asking me that doesn't change anything.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Has any leaf fan owned up to the whole thing where centres are so much more valuable when it was matthews vs marner, yet not so much in this thread? I have seen it asked repeatedly, yet seems pretty quiet on the eastern front.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Marner right now. 1.25ppg >>1.02ppg

petersson hasnt hit the marner level of last year or this year (yet)

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Ehhh year and a half apart, Marner is a pretty established PPG+ player, Pettersson will be one pretty soon ehhh, Pettersson better shot, Marner better vision, ehhhhhhh

Don't know don't really care

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Has any leaf fan owned up to the whole thing where centres are so much more valuable when it was matthews vs marner, yet not so much in this thread? I have seen it asked repeatedly, yet seems pretty quiet on the eastern front.

has any nuck fan owned up to petersson being essentially a winger? he doesnt even take faceoffs

C>w yes, but when one guy is putting up a 103pt full season pace and the other guy is putting up 84, then an exception is made

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Marner right now. 1.25ppg >>1.02ppg

petersson hasnt hit the marner level of last year or this year (yet)
In matthews threads vs let’s say mackinnon you all rally behind your stats hero dekey zeke or whatever when he says to compare their d + whatever years. No bueno here though?

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
has any nuck fan owned up to petersson being essentially a winger? he doesnt even take faceoffs

C>w yes, but when one guy is putting up a 103pt full season pace and the other guy is putting up 84, then an exception is made
Faceoffs have literally nothing to do with playing centre.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This “everyone is against the Leafs” mentality is baseless.

false. kevin fiala was winning a poll against marner for the majority of the 2017-2018 (before mitch went off after getting off bozaks line and onto kadris)

I've seen Nylander lose a poll to sam bennett early on

I've seen Rielly get hammered by #4dmen that would never sniff an all star game or norris consideration.

Matthews gets tossed up against guys who has an extra 3-4 years on him on these polls but NEVER against guys from his own draft year or earlier...that being said im pretty sure there was a petersson>matthews consensus last year

Reactions: IPS

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Look I have made it clear that I don't get not voting for Marner and in the same topic saying how he's good enough to play on Pettersson's line.

Obviously McDavid is better than Marner and asking me that doesn't change anything.

Does every team not have inferior players on a line with better players?

You got destroyed in this thread, it's time to give up.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is a complete list of all the players who have more points than Marner since he returned from his injury and started playing for Sheldon Keefe

Artemi Panarin

the end

perennial 100pt player imho (50pts in 40 games is a pretty good start)
Matthews and Marner will be handcuffed from here on. 50g/95pt C with 25g/100pt winger? yes plz

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
it must be true because the leaf cant be better?

since last season

marner: 39g/144pts in 122 games
pettersson: 49g/118pts in 122 games

#'s dont lie

which 122 games are you using for Marner? Can’t be his first 122 like you’re using Pettersson’s first 122. Best Marner could do in his first two seasons was like 13 under point per game.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Okay but is Marner good enough to play on McDavid's line? I mean, Zach Kassian is, so I'm pretty sure Marner is, even though he's not better than McDavid. (I can't for the life of me understand how he has to be better than Pettersson to play on the line. And if he is better than Pettersson, and therefore able to play on the line, how can Peterrsson play on the line when he's not better than Marner?)

I truly have no clue what your issue here is. I don't understand, at all, what you are talking about.

What does that even mean "good enough to play on that line?" All kinds of different plays slot into different lines. You've completely lost me here.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
What were the comparison of sophomore seasons

number's don't lie
Don’t expect a reply when you ask them for the kind of stats their hero zekey deke or whatever provides and they all hail as the deciding factor Dont work in their favour :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Okay but is Marner good enough to play on McDavid's line? I mean, Zach Kassian is, so I'm pretty sure Marner is, even though he's not better than McDavid. (I can't for the life of me understand how he has to be better than Pettersson to play on the line. And if he is better than Pettersson, and therefore able to play on the line, how can Peterrsson play on the line when he's not better than Marner?)

I truly have no clue what your issue here is. I don't understand, at all, what you are talking about.

What does that even mean "good enough to play on that line?" All kinds of different plays slot into different lines. You've completely lost me here.
It's not that Marner has to be better than Pettersson. I personally don't see how you can think Pettersson is better and in the same sentence say Marner could also play on his line. That's like those people who use to complain about Auston Matthews lack of points and referred to him as a 69 point player and also wanted him to sign an offer sheet with the Coyotes. So let's end this already and to answer your question yes Marner would be good enough to play on McDavid's line, you happy?

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
false. kevin fiala was winning a poll against marner for the majority of the 2017-2018 (before mitch went off after getting off bozaks line and onto kadris)

I've seen Nylander lose a poll to sam bennett early on

I've seen Rielly get hammered by #4dmen that would never sniff an all star game or norris consideration.

Matthews gets tossed up against guys who has an extra 3-4 years on him on these polls but NEVER against guys from his own draft year or earlier...that being said im pretty sure there was a petersson>matthews consensus last year

Those are all old polls before any of the Leaf players became great and recognized by most hockey fans.

This conspiracy theory of everyone is against the Leafs is laughable. No one is denying Marner is great player, just that people prefer to build around a franchise C instead of a franchise W.

This poll is not about who has the most points, but who you would rather have on your team. Popularity of the player plays a significant factor, as well as how likeable the player is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad