Marner or Pettersson

Marner or Pettersson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This is actually a tough one, good thread.

I would take Mitch, but I do believe you could not go wrong with either.

As to who is more talented, toss a coin lol Mitch missed a ton of time this year, and is only two points behind EP. But stats are only one way to compare.

Reactions: maroon 6

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
EP is leading a Benning built Canucks team to 1st in the division as a sophomore

His 102.7 mph shot (higher than Ovechkin) equates to 99.5 mph with one hand which equates to 2 mph more than Marner's 2 handed slapper #MATH

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Pretty easily Petterson for me. Love Marner too but you're not going to pass up the package Elias Pettersson brings

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's actually a pretty decent poll but I have to go with EP.

While the result may not be close, the players are pretty close in terms of quality IMO.

LeafsNation75 said:
Going with Marner because it's hard not to since he had 94 points last season and he's been playing great since he's now on Matthews line at 5v5.

Marner gets to play with either Matthews or Tavares who are legitimate star 1st line centres, so either fairly or unfairly, his production is going to viewed through that lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
seeing that 18-19 appears to be an offensive fluke for mitch ill say elias

???? marner is scoring at an even higher rate than last year. He was injured for 11 games and is pacing for 104 pts/82 games despite a high ankle sprain.

picking EP is fine. But marner is having a better year than last year. I’m pretty sure he is top 3 in scoring since his return from injury in early dec

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
marnerpettersson19.png
marnerpettersson20.png

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Marner is fantastic, but I'm going withe the younger centre. Both are are elite talents who are PPG career players with upside.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Good poll, probably depends on what you have/need but Pettersson for most teams by virtue of being a center. Have to imagine that both teams are pretty happy with those picls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad