Marner, Keller or Hischier

vote Larry if unsure

• Total voters

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
it's a real thing bro, no victim complex.
It's used every time a leaf fan doesn't agree with something. That doesn't make it a real thing.

In fact here's an example
From my viewings of both this year, I wouldn't trade Heiskanen for Dahlin. The Accepted majority of people on this board would in an instance without a 2nd thought on it. You don't see me going around saying "anti-stars" bias just because people (the majority) of which don't agree with me? But i have the same amount of proof of an anti-stars bias, as you do of an "anti-leaf" bias, which is to say none.

You don't have to like the results, but that doesn't mean there is some major board conspiracy to be down on Leaf players.
Hischier is a lot better defensively than either of Marner or Keller and after a slow start he's putting up a lot of points
Aho, is what 10-11p behind Marner, but doesn't have Rielly, Tavares, and Mathews, he is quite literally Carolina's whole offense and still putting up PPG numbers (the only one on the team to do so). largely the same reason I voted for Keller. He is the Offense.
I'd take Aho over Marner every day of the week. Just like i'd trade Mathews for McDavid every day of the week. You don't have to like that, but that doesn't make it some bias

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
This season alone is proof that its marner AINEC
yeah lets not wait a few years or anything like that...especially when the 2 are in the sophomore seasons right now and one of them is still 19 til January and the Leafs fans who say they can't reach Marner's potential is hypocrisy at it's finest considering Marner wasn't as good out of the gate as either of them. Keller has a trash cast around him that Domi has been basically a PPG(though I expect this to drop a bit) in Montreal while he maintained like 0.5 in Zona.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Leafs victim complex in full form I see.

Went Keller, doesn't have the supporting cast of the other two and is doing all the heavy lifting himself.

its not victim complex. its leaf hate that has stupid people auto vote against any leaf player. William lost polls to Alex, Rielly to DeAngelo etc. Shit that non biased actual hockey fans would know about.

You say hishier is way better defensively to marner tells me you haven't watch him play at all. He's even killing penalties now.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
My vote goes to magic

And by magic, I mean Marner of course

73AD2A0E-CEFE-4E6F-BF00-FCB3DB5D10AE.gif

Reactions: Hot Pockets

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Leafs victim complex in full form I see.

Went Keller, doesn't have the supporting cast of the other two and is doing all the heavy lifting himself.

Who cares if it’s victim complex, victims can’t be right?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Aho, is what 10-11p behind Marner, but doesn't have Rielly, Tavares, and Mathews, he is quite literally Carolina's whole offense and still putting up PPG numbers (the only one on the team to do so). largely the same reason I voted for Keller. He is the Offense.

What a convenient excuse. In fact it's the same one used for Rielly. According to HF, he only produces because he has Matthers, Marner and Tavares. Same goes for Matthews, he only produces because he has Rielly, Tavares and Marner etc. etc.

These players only produce because they play with so many other great players, but God forbid it's brought up that Toronto might be a Cup Contender. NOOOO way! #HFlogic

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
yeah lets not wait a few years or anything like that...especially when the 2 are in the sophomore seasons right now and one of them is still 19 til January and the Leafs fans who say they can't reach Marner's potential is hypocrisy at it's finest considering Marner wasn't as good out of the gate as either of them. Keller has a trash cast around him that Domi has been basically a PPG(though I expect this to drop a bit) in Montreal while he maintained like 0.5 in Zona.

If you picked Keller or Hischier based on the info we had last year, it’s not that big of a deal but the majority of the posts are just simply too funny. Marner doesn’t even belong in the conversation with these two players. Turns out they were right only because they were so wrong. Marner is a superstar now. We will have to wait and see if Keller and Hischier ever become that.

The guy is on pace to break the most primary assists since Sidney Crosby in 2006-2007. That is how well he’s playing right now...and 1/3rd of his line is Zach Hyman who has no hands at all.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
its not victim complex. its leaf hate that has stupid people auto vote against any leaf player. William lost polls to Alex, Rielly to DeAngelo etc. **** that non biased actual hockey fans would know about.

You say hishier is way better defensively to marner tells me you haven't watch him play at all. He's even killing penalties now.
Marner is probably one of the top 5 wingers defensively in the league. Guy is elite.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
It's used every time a leaf fan doesn't agree with something. That doesn't make it a real thing.

In fact here's an example
From my viewings of both this year, I wouldn't trade Heiskanen for Dahlin. The Accepted majority of people on this board would in an instance without a 2nd thought on it. You don't see me going around saying "anti-stars" bias just because people (the majority) of which don't agree with me? But i have the same amount of proof of an anti-stars bias, as you do of an "anti-leaf" bias, which is to say none.

You don't have to like the results, but that doesn't mean there is some major board conspiracy to be down on Leaf players.
Hischier is a lot better defensively than either of Marner or Keller and after a slow start he's putting up a lot of points
I'd take Aho over Marner every day of the week. Just like i'd trade Mathews for McDavid every day of the week. You don't have to like that, but that doesn't make it some bias

There are literally people in the whole Nylander saga ripping Dubas apart saying hes the worst GM for not signing Nylander and to just give him what hes asking for because Nylander would make them a SC contender. As soon as he signed for 6.9, exactly what was reported, those same people were ripping Dubas calling him the worst GM for overpaying and now their whole team is going to fall apart.

Or Kessel was a cancer, bad teammate, bad player. Wouldnt ever win a cup, isnt a playoff performer. Now hes the best teammate in the NHL, important cog to Pittsburgh cup win and should have had a conn smythe.

It is a thing. Not in all cases, not here, but its a thing.

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
LMAO, he's only top 5 defensively if you remove all the other wingers he's behind from the NHL
He's definitely top 5 defensively in terms of wingers. You need to learn more before you post because you're not looking very bright right now. Opinions are one thing but this is backed up by various stats and the eye test.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Not really fair to the other players in the poll since, you know, they have a 0% chance at playoff hockey.
Devils made the playoffs last year, and before the season started many had them in the playoffs as a wild card team at least.

Marner

Keller (especially if he can shift over to C full time)

Hischier (probably tops out as a ROR caliber center imo)

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

It’s pretty funny to come into a thread and say “let’s wait a few years” when the threads asking who you’d take right now.

I usually only see people use that when the player they want to win isn’t winning.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It’s pretty funny to come into a thread and say “let’s wait a few years” when the threads asking who you’d take right now.

I usually only see people use that when the player they want to win isn’t winning.
right now was January at the start of this poll.....when Marner was moved down the lineup due to not producing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad