Marner, Keller or Hischier

vote Larry if unsure

• Total voters

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It's Marner by a country mile, of course. But really, all of his multi-point games are just "skewing the numbers" and making it look like he's better than he really is. If it wasn't for all those multi-pointers, his numbers would be way down.

;)

I know you're joking but Marner's streakiness is a real thing and hurts his value IMO.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I've been one of Keller's biggest fans, and so far he hasn't disappointed. I definitely enjoy his play more than the others.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Marner, he’s the best offensively, he’s also not bad defensively, has by far the best possession numbers and is 5th in the league with 61 takeaways.

Especially so when considering he spent much of the first quarter of the season in a slump.

Both of the other two are great players in there own ways, but Marner was a top pick in the best draft since 05’ for a reason, he’s a special talent when on his game.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hischier is on pace for 54 points while playing a great two way game and only turned 19 in January. And that pace includes going like 6-7 games pointless IIRC.

Marner may have scored more but he didn’t have the responsibility Hischier has. He also was on a higher scoring offense.

Dont think Keller belongs in this poll, a bit unfair to him as his team is much worse.
I have no problem with picking Hischier. But, if you are going to point to team offence in Marners favor, you should also acknowledge Hischier plays with a guy who will probably finish top 5 in Hart voting and has a history of significantly improving his centres numbers.

Reactions: Pi

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I have no problem with picking Hischier. But, if you are going to point to team offence in Marners favor, you should also acknowledge Hischier plays with a guy who will probably finish top 5 in Hart voting and has a history of significantly improving his centres numbers.
While true I was mainly meaning Toronto’ PP, which IIRC is better than NJs and Marner has been on the PP more than Hischier (dont as us why)

Could be mistaken though

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While true I was mainly meaning Toronto’ PP, which IIRC is better than NJs and Marner has been on the PP more than Hischier (dont as us why)

Could be mistaken though
He probably got more PP time, Marner doesn’t get true PP1 minutes (no one on the leafs do) as we tend to run split units. I do know Hischier was on PP2 for most this year though, so without checking, I would assume he gets less time on average.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
you're seeing marner breakout for sure, and it would be a tough choice between him and hischier but hischier is going to hit near 60 points in his 18 year old season. thats tough to overlook. I think I'd take hischier. Keller not really in this convo. it's notblike it's laughablebto put him in there but he's still easily 3rd.

Reactions: Actuarial

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The only realistic choices are Keller and Hischier. Marner doesn't even belong in this conversation.

I chose Keller, but I love Hischier as well. Hometown bias made me choose Clayton.

I wholeheartedly agree. Marner only has more points than both players combined. That’s not good enough to be in the conversation. Only 6 goals so far. Seems to be regressing every year.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Epic bump.

Huge mistake not giving Marner his respect. Guys like Keller and Hischier aren't in the conversation.

Keller and Hischier are also younger and could potentially break out and be better players than Marner. Compare then based on when they're the same age and they're pretty close.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
anti leaf bias at its best. Marner loses more polls than any great young player in the league. somehow, if he was on the Panthers or Ducks he would be a passing savant and not lose to Aho, Hichier and others.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
anti leaf bias at its best. Marner loses more polls than any great young player in the league. somehow, if he was on the Panthers or Ducks he would be a passing savant and not lose to Aho, Hichier and others.
Leafs victim complex in full form I see.

Went Keller, doesn't have the supporting cast of the other two and is doing all the heavy lifting himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad