• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews - 11.5M
Nylander - 6.5M
Marner - 6.5M

Just my guess - but 23M at the absolute minimum with your estimates.

I think all 3 will put up upwards of 70 points or close to it

thats pretty unlikely at this point.

Nylander 4g/15pts in 24 games (14g/51pt pace) needs 55pts in 58 games
Marner 2g/16pts in 24 games (7g/55pt pace) needs 54pts in 58 games

the 6.5 you suggest is closer to [email protected] (34g/70pts in 75 games) than Ehlers (25g/64pts)

65+ pts are gonna be needed IMHO for them to argue 6.5, and even then it should be 8 years

I'm gonna stick with 6mil x 7years based on how the year is playing out

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Horvat>Nylander (but it's close) then there's a massive drop down to Marner and another pretty big drop to Boeser. Overall it's the Leafs duo.

Horvat
Nylander

Marner

Boeser

???

I don't agree with this at all. people could argue the exact opposite of the order you think

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nucks duo. Horvat being a centre that produces makes him the most coveted out of the 4.

The other 3 will probably be 60-70 point wingers throughout their careers

well if that isn't selling Marner and Nylander short, I dont know what is.

both guys had 61pts as rookies. 60-70pt is their ceiling?

a lot of elite young players improve their production by 20-25%. I'm betting Nylander and Marner are 70-80pt wingers
Phil Kessel didnt get at least 61pts until his 4th season, and he ended up hitting 80+ twice.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Horvat
Nylander

Marner

Boeser

???

I don't agree with this at all. people could argue the exact opposite of the order you think

You should watch these guys play instead of quoting their projected point totals (and if all you do is look at stats please factor in shooting percentages before criticizing Nylander/Marner when they're both shooting around 5% while Boeser is riding a completely unsustainable 20% shooting percentage).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
HF polls are precarious opinions at best. But this makes one do a you say what? The 2 best players this year have been by far the Canucks duo. Marner has only 2 goals thus far, Nylander if this is a contract year is doing the Leafs a big favour has 4 goals. The Canuks duo has 20 goals. Boeser with 11, Horvat 9 goals. Both guys are on pace to better Marner's and Nylander's goal totals of 19 and 22 goals last year while both being 60+ point players

Horvat a 2 way Center with 17 pts
Boeser 22 pts in 20 games.

Nylander 15 pts
Marner 16 pts

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
HF polls are precarious opinions at best. But this makes one do a you say what? The 2 best players this year have been by far the Canucks duo. Marner has only 2 goals thus far, Nylander if this is a contract year is doing the Leafs a big favour has 4 goals. The Canuks duo has 20 goals. Boeser with 11, Horvat 9 goals. Both guys are on pace to better Marner's and Nylander's goal totals of 19 and 22 goals last year while both being 60+ point players

Horvat a 2 way Center with 17 pts
Boeser 22 pts in 20 games.

Nylander 15 pts
Marner 16 pts
The problem is that they didn't separate out leafs fans voting for them. There's a lot more leafs fans on HF so every poll will obviously be biased towards them

Mar 26, 2010
The problem is that they didn't separate out leafs fans voting for them. There's a lot more leafs fans on HF so every poll will obviously be biased towards them
There are actually more Leaf haters than fans on here. The problem is they didn’t’ separate out the haters voting against them.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There are actually more Leaf haters than fans on here. The problem is they didn’t’ separate out the haters voting against them.

The difference is your AINEC comment, if you really believe this. Then it supports his post of there are more Leafs fans voting if you actually believe AINEC, which is just ridiculous. The truth is this season the Canucks duo has been far better than the Leafs duo. Now if one wants to make an argument of seeing a bigger sample, this is fine. But we would have no polls from today to April then. So one must factor both. But a comment like yours, will only back up what that poster said. For which I have seen you use many times before when Leafs players are involved.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This is obviously the Leafs duo. Can't see any argument whatsoever for the Canucks duo.

Reactions: RCS

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Marner/Nylander have had a slowish start and Horvat/Boeser have had very hot starts. It's close if you look at the small sample size, but IMO the Leafs duo have already shown how they can dominate at times, and I believe that they have more high end talent than the VAN duo. I think that in 2-3 years the Leafs duo will be a clear step ahead of VAN's, not that VAN's wont be high quality in their own right.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is obviously the Leafs duo. Can't see any argument whatsoever for the Canucks duo.

Being a Habs fan and based solely on team needs I'd take the Canucks duo. The Habs could really use a legit top 6 center who can produce offensively and is defensively responsible and Horvat fits that criteria for the Habs. Boeser also looks like he has the potential to be a very good offensive NHL winger as shown by his start and he would also really help the Habs desperate need for offense in their top 6.

If Nylander were currently playing center and producing at that position it would be a toss up for me with a slight edge maybe towards the Leafs duo. I've watched both Nylander and Marner quite a bit and both are very good players but right now with both playing on the wing and based solely on team needs for the Habs it's the Canucks duo for me.

Also and this is just my opinion but I think the difference between these 4 players is far less than some are suggesting in their posts in this thread.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Mar 26, 2010
Marner/Nylander have had a slowish start and Horvat/Boeser have had very hot starts. It's close if you look at the small sample size, but IMO the Leafs duo have already shown how they can dominate at times, and I believe that they have more high end talent than the VAN duo. I think that in 2-3 years the Leafs duo will be a clear step ahead of VAN's, not that VAN's wont be high quality in their own right.
100% true.

Nucks fans are just over zealous because their team has been so bad.

member 105785

Horvat
Nylander

Marner

Boeser

???

The person you're responding to is a noted Boeser hater in the Calder thread, he also claimed last week that Boeser is the most overrated player in the league and that he's only in the Calder discussion because he's Canadian. Boeser then scored 4 goals in 24 hours and took the lead in rookie points.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What's Boeser's SH% and OISH% looking like right now?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You should watch these guys play instead of quoting their projected point totals (and if all you do is look at stats please factor in shooting percentages before criticizing Nylander/Marner when they're both shooting around 5% while Boeser is riding a completely unsustainable 20% shooting percentage).

I do watch these guys play. havent misses a leafs game in years. thats why i find it hilarious you would say there is a massive drop from Nylander to Marner. shows you either a) dont watch the leafs or b) know nothing about hockey

Marner drives a line. Nylander plays shotgun to matthews. arguments can be made for either but to say marner is a massive drop from nylander is just silly. and no, horvat isnt the best of the bunch. should i make a poll to prove it?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

and there are a bunch of people who vote against the leafs regardless of poll.
balances out

also 63% is a clear win. can't chalk that up to bigger fan base just because your team lost

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
I watch. Boeser has looked fantastic in a sample size so far. If he keeps it up the Nucks have a solid player on their hands. Horvat is average.
you clearly have no idea what youre talking about, horvat is on pace for 61 points in a 1C role this year and is has improved his defensive game by a lot, 54% on the faceoffs and is a physical presence every game. none of the other 3 in this thread have that type of versatility to their.

you need to do more research

Mar 26, 2010
you clearly have no idea what youre talking about, horvat is on pace for 61 points in a 1C role this year and is has improved his defensive game by a lot, 54% on the faceoffs and is a physical presence every game. none of the other 3 in this thread have that type of versatility to their.

You need to do research. Both Marner and Nylander scored 61 points in rookie seasons last year. Yet.. they suck.... but Horvat is a stud #1 C with a career best 50 points.

:popcorn:

Your posts are bull shit. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Horvat has the lowest ceiling of the bunch. Marner at 19 was already better offensively that a 21 year old Horvat

"clearly the best". no he isnt. thats silly.

Horvat is the best 2 way guy of the bunch, but to use a 61pt pace in his 4th season to argue him better is nonsense.
Marner and Nylander got 61 as rookies, Marner with a 65pt pace

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
You need to do research. Both Marner and Nylander scored 61 points in rookie seasons last year. Yet.. they suck.... but Horvat is a stud #1 C with a career best 50 points.

:popcorn:

Your posts are bull ****. [mod]
feeling's mutual

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad