Marner and Nylander vs Horvat and Boeser

Marner and Nylander vs Boeser and Horvat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm actually surprised at how little love Horvat is getting here. He's probably the best player of the bunch.

I'll go with the Canucks duo but by the slimmest of margins.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I am glad someone is watching the games. He is, he turned the corner last year, and he is turning out to be a very valuable piece as a 2 way top 2 Center.
He is a beast. Always a threat when playing the Flames. Impressed with the Canucks this year. I think everyone (fans/league) went in with low expectations and the players are playing with confidence and are doing really well.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
55/45 so far. looks like its pretty close.

Both teams should be happy with their guys

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah I mean I'm not saying Marner isn't good, I just think Pettersson's absolute ceiling is slightly higher, while it's probably more likely that Marner will reach his. Yeah, the Virtanen pick sucks and Juolevi was confusing then and I'd have preferred any of Keller, Tkachuk or Sergachev, but he's been lighting it up this season so it stings a little less.

I couldn't believe they passed on Tkachuk at the time. Seemed like he woulda been a perfect fit.

Tkachuk-Horvat-Boeser seems like a perfect like. Gritty agitator that can score, two way C , Sniper.

Mar 26, 2010
Leafs duo AINEC

Horvat is not in the same level as the other 3.

Reactions: IPS

member 105785

I couldn't believe they passed on Tkachuk at the time. Seemed like he woulda been a perfect fit.

Tkachuk-Horvat-Boeser seems like a perfect like. Gritty agitator that can score, two way C , Sniper.

Yea, when they said London Knights I thought it was a slam dunk, then there were confused tears shed.

Mar 26, 2010
It is close. You clearly don't watch the Nucks guys.

But I still gotta go with the Leafs duo by a hair
I watch. Boeser has looked fantastic in a sample size so far. If he keeps it up the Nucks have a solid player on their hands. Horvat is average.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I watch. Boeser has looked fantastic in a sample size so far. If he keeps it up the Nucks have a solid player on their hands. Horvat is average.

Horvat's average..

I now know how seriously I should take your future posts. Thanks, dude.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Is on a team's number one center spot facing top line competition and putting up 8 goals and 16 points in 21 games, and isn't one dimensional must be "average".

you clearly don't watch the leafs at all if you think Marner or Nylander are one dimensional.
not gonna argue that Horvat isn't better defensively, but he also isn't close offensively.

Marner: 0.77ppg
Nylander 0.70ppg
Horvat: 0.53ppg

waiting for a laughable response about how anyone can put up points on the leafs

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
you clearly don't watch the leafs at all if you think Marner or Nylander are one dimensional.
not gonna argue that Horvat isn't better defensively, but he also isn't close offensively.

Marner: 0.77ppg
Nylander 0.70ppg
Horvat: 0.53ppg

waiting for a laughable response about how anyone can put up points on the leafs

Never said either of those players are one dimensional, so your post is pretty much moot. I was referring to Horvat there.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He also thinks Marner/Matthews/Nylander will get a combined 21M.

Some guys just do not have an opinion that's even worth addressing.

curious how much you thin the trio are gonna get?

I'd be pretty surprised if Marner/Nylander don't get 6m each.
Ehlers got 6m with 64pts, Patrnak 6.66 with 70pts

Matthews is a different story. He is gonna get close to Mcdavid. 11M is my guess

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Never said either of those players are one dimensional, so your post is pretty much moot. I was referring to Horvat there.

this is a thread comparing players, so when you say a guy "and isn't ....." it pretty much implies that the other guys are, otherwise you woulda just said he is strong defensively.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
curious how much you thin the trio are gonna get?

I'd be pretty surprised if Marner/Nylander don't get 6m each.
Ehlers got 6m with 64pts, Patrnak 6.66 with 70pts

Matthews is a different story. He is gonna get close to Mcdavid. 11M is my guess

Matthews - 11.5M
Nylander - 6.5M
Marner - 6.5M

Just my guess - but 23M at the absolute minimum with your estimates.

I think all 3 will put up upwards of 70 points or close to it

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Nucks duo. Horvat being a centre that produces makes him the most coveted out of the 4.

The other 3 will probably be 60-70 point wingers throughout their careers

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
this is a thread comparing players, so when you say a guy "and isn't ....." it pretty much implies that the other guys are, otherwise you woulda just said he is strong defensively.

Or you can just ask and clarify in what I meant instead of assuming.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Horvat>Nylander (but it's close) then there's a massive drop down to Marner and another pretty big drop to Boeser. Overall it's the Leafs duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad