Marlies GDT: Marlies vs. Monsters, Series Talk | 4-0 Marlies | How does a team with Liljegren sweep? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I wonder if he becomes a Trevor Moore 2.0

Eventually gets a look and his motor impresses and sticks around.
I can see it. He is the type of player who you need on a team. Depending what happens this off season with trades etc he may get a little longer look. Babs really like Moore at training camp and I would guess he would have gotten more ice time as the year went on. This year there should could be a few open spots.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
People can criticize Dubas for many things, but his eye for talent is incredible.
I think the key for this is that he doesn't rely on his eyes, and when they're talking about pumping millions more into analytics you'd have to think that means putting people on the ground to keep metrics that no one else has, should bode well for a continued pipeline of talent

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I still think leivo will put up more points in the nhl throughout his career then Carcone ever will by quite a bit.. but Carcone might be the type of role player that can help the leafs more then what leivo’s skillset brought to this team.
I like his offensive upside he has played on some weak teams. As a 2nd year player and at 19 he had 89 points in the Q. He only had two years in Major Jr and then pro hockey. He is a prototypical late bloomer.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
“Player would be better with more time and space” is literally a statement that can be said for every player, and that’s not an exaggeration.

Unfollowing Veillette on Twitter is the best decision I’ve made. Done so for the past year or so.
It's a strange argument that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Who from the Marlies are likely to push for a roster spot on Leafs assuming that we lose Hainsey and Jake? Rosen/Lilly pad / Sandin? (Haven't been paying attention to the Marlies playoffs much this year)

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Who from the Marlies are likely to push for a roster spot on Leafs assuming that we lose Hainsey and Jake? Rosen/Lilly pad / Sandin? (Haven't been paying attention to the Marlies playoffs much this year)
Rosen definitely.

I think Lilly is ready for a sheltered role, but may be better off developing with another season start in the ahl to see if he can get his offence going first.

Sandin should probably get a little stronger before trying to make the jump, but he’s projecting to be great.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Heck if Marlies keep up this dominance, Keefe is just going to get more and more in demand. I mean they were supposed to sorta suck.

Nice to see Trevor Moore, who is pretty much an NHLer, going down and playing hard. Guess he is making a few bucks and that always helps motivate a bit lol.

But this goalie KK, hmmm... Might be very much back in the future.

The Level of AHL hockey is off the dial now. Heck, I remember NHL teams decades ago looking much inferior.

Its pretty darn good stuff.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Leivo for Carcone is still a win for the Canucks. Carcone may help on the Marlies run this year and next which may have played into the thought process. But, Leivo is an NHL regular now and Carcone is going to clear waivers to start next season. Draft pick compensation would have been more fair and preferred.

I liked the Nielsen for Klimchuck trade. They caught onto Nielsen's regression before others and if that trade held up it would look pretty good. Unfortunately, he then traded Klimchuck for Gagne. Gagne won't be re-signed and is nothing more than a 4th line guy with the Marlies. Klimchuck could have pushed for minutes in the NHL if he fit in and didn't get hurt. I prefer Nielsen to Gagne too.

Both are poor trades from a Leafs perspective, but Carcone is not a bad player.

Last edited:

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Forget Leivo. Seriously. put him out of your mind. But I want to know, how did Korschkov look tonight? Did he play?

We needs some size and we need some defencemen. With some youth.

But you know what?

Watching Dallas and St. Louis. Binnington and Bishop? Wow, I just don't see Andersen being that good, ever, for us.

Binnington looks possessed. Didn't even look happy after the win. Bishop looked almost unbeatable.

Andersen approaches that, and sometimes often, but he looks placid. These two guys look like warriors.

You get a goalie like one of those two guys and every player on the team looks pretty good. Pretty simple.

We have a good goalie in Andersen imo. St. Louis has a guy who looks like he wants to be the best goalie of all time.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Not their fault - they clearly had too much programming to fit in.

As we speak, TSN 1,3,4,5 are all showing April Bloopers of the Month, while TSN 2 (an extra, premium channel) is showing a bull-riding competition.
TSN has the home games I believe and if you have cable pay the 3 bucks for Leafs Nation Network for two months. My god TSN has great cable content. If you love all sports TSN and Sportsnet don't let you down in my opinion. I would much rather them replay games then the bloopers and best of shows we've seen 100000000 times but they are doing that for casual viewers.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
it's not even close

edit: actually best player for me is Kask. The best non goalie is Liljegren
Best part is most don't realize he could have played in the CHL this year. 18 and 19 year old on the Marlies and the results are coming. I would still give him one more after an extended look with the big club next year.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I don't know Jeffler but seems to me he loves hockey and in particular Leafs so why not just cut him some slack??? I enjoy his tweets/posts. It's always a Great day for Hockey!
My thing is you don't have to like his takes and he's putting himself out there no need to throw low blows. Just talk about how wrong he is on Bracco or whatever he's saying. I don't understand why people on here have to be so aggressive towards others when it's not really necessarily. On the leafs board we should agree to disagree and debate HARD 100 percent but let's not sewer people, unless absolutely warranted. I remember Jeffler from back in the day as much as anyone, trust me haha

Reactions: thewave

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Best part is most don't realize he could have played in the CHL this year. 18 and 19 year old on the Marlies and the results are coming. I would still give him one more after an extended look with the big club next year.
The defense last night was 30, 23, 21,20,19,18 in terms of age. Loverde might prevent it but that has to be one of the youngest playoff defenses ever.

I know Crocker mentioned that it was the youngest Marlies D ever.

Reactions: ktownhockey

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
My thing is you don't have to like his takes and he's putting himself out there no need to throw low blows. Just talk about how wrong he is on Bracco or whatever he's saying. I don't understand why people on here have to be so aggressive towards others when it's not really necessarily. On the leafs board we should agree to disagree and debate HARD 100 percent but let's not sewer people, unless absolutely warranted. I remember Jeffler from back in the day as much as anyone, trust me haha

The worst is people that sewer people but don't have any real takes of their own other than repeating the popular narratives as seen in the media.

Bracco looks like he will be something as I thought he would from the start. Lilj looks great, Rosen and Sandin both look to be smiles all around. They did some solid drafting.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Rosen definitely.

I think Lilly is ready for a sheltered role, but may be better off developing with another season start in the ahl to see if he can get his offence going first.

Sandin should probably get a little stronger before trying to make the jump, but he’s projecting to be great.
liligren played a solid game last nite

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
At times, I like him, but this one and his overall opinion on Bracco is yikes.

So I finally went and looked at the timeline and eesh, for a guy who generally over analyzes everything, he doesn’t even state any sort of argument. There’s no rationalization. Just says it and then follows up by saying “there’s holes in his game” without really saying what it is.

Like, he said Bracco wasn’t dynamic and relies on 5 or 6 set players, which is hilarious because
1. It’s not true
2. There’s nothing wrong with set plays. Ovechkin has scored like, half his goals from the same spot, with a one-timer on the powerplay (not actually half but you get the point)

He also says Bracco isn’t good at even strength but Bracco has scored 60% of his total points to this point at even strength.

Just a typical “hey, look at this good thing, I’m going to crap on it to get attention” that some main stream media members and now Jeff I guess like to do.

He’s literally dominating games. Dominating PLAYOFF games.

Even Scott Wheeler, who up to this last few months never gave Bracco his due, has given him credit and thinks he should be on the team next year.

Reactions: Papi 4 Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad