Marlies GDT: Marlies vs. Monsters, Series Talk | 4-0 Marlies | How does a team with Liljegren sweep? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
ok, your point is?

This team is being lead by its youth and we're willing to deploy resources into our development system

Those are good things, so you ******** about people loving Keefe after this coaching performance looks really really bad by any metric

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I would kill to have Keefe as our head-coach. Every year, we lose in the first round ---- every damn year! The only reason Babcock won in Detroit was because it's impossible to screw up when you have Hall of Famers like Lindstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Rafalski, Franzen, etc.

Babcock makes me cringe with his stubbornness.
Oh, and, Shanahan isn't going to fire Babcock till his term is over. Shanahan is too attached to his former coach, babcock.

Its not his job.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Well, Keefe did nearly become an assistant with Babcock at the start but things went differently and he coached the Marlies. DJ Smith might be going too by the sounds of it. Might create a bad environment but who the hell knows anymore.

Dubas needs to follow through on what he said: "building a pipeline of elite coaches"

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Who comes out of the lineup? I'm assuming Hallowell?

The Charlotte Checkers also look to be an extremely young squad. Should be a fun series.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Who comes out of the lineup? I'm assuming Hallowell?

The Charlotte Checkers also look to be an extremely young squad. Should be a fun series.
I would assume Duszak comes out, but if Rosen is ready than Hollowell should come out as well.

Lindgren played a top 4 role on a championship team in Liiga. He should be ahead of Hollowell in terms of development.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
[mod]

The D has been very strong thus far, unless Lindgren looks great in practice I wouldn't want to make a change right now
You always play your best players. Lindgren is probably better than all but Liljegren/Sandin/Rosen right now on that defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You always play your best players. Lindgren is probably better than all but Liljegren/Sandin/Rosen right now on that defense.

We don't know that and I know for a fact both those kids have done a good job on the bottom pair during the AHL playoffs, especially Hollowell

Unless Lindgren proves he's the best man for the job and is clearly better in practice i wouldn't put him on the team over those other guys

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Its not his job.

You don't think Brendan Shannahan has a say on firing or not firing the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs? Especially, a head-coach who Shannahan played for. Do you really think that? Shannahan is the president of TML. Maybe you should put some thought into what you say.

Reactions: pacman25

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You don't think Brendan Shannahan has a say on firing or not firing the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs? Especially, a head-coach who Shannahan played for. Do you really think that? Shannahan is the president of TML. Maybe you should put some thought into what you say.

Why have a GM?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Didn't Lou sign Kovalchuk to a contract he didn't like just because ownership pushed it?

Also, isn't this the Marlies thread?

That's a bit different. That was ownership pushing it to help with ticket sales, not Lou wanting to make a move of some sort and needing it signed off on

Reactions: thewave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad