Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Rough night for Sandin. I agree with the decision to take him off of the PP mid-game because he was just fighting the puck constantly.

I actually prefer Liljegren as the primary PPQB. Can't deny Sandin's production, but he's too stationary at times and it leads to a static PP.

Yes I’d like to know as well?
Liljegren returned like a shift or two later on the 2nd PP. Only missed one shift where Kivihalme subbed in.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Appreciate it guys.

Liljegren will really benefit from this next stretch of 8 AHL games where he gets to run the top powerplay unit with Sandin at the WJC. It will be a nice step in his development. Hopefully Moore is true to his words about prioritizing development and doesn’t mess with that plan.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Appreciate it guys.

Liljegren will really benefit from this next stretch of 8 AHL games where he gets to run the top powerplay unit with Sandin at the WJC. It will be a nice step in his development. Hopefully Moore is true to his words about prioritizing development and doesn’t mess with that plan.
Wouldn't mind seeing him called up if Barrie needs to miss time.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Rough night for Sandin. I agree with the decision to take him off of the PP mid-game because he was just fighting the puck constantly.

I actually prefer Liljegren as the primary PPQB. Can't deny Sandin's production, but he's too stationary at times and it leads to a static PP.

Liljegren returned like a shift or two later on the 2nd PP. Only missed one shift where Kivihalme subbed in.

I guess your right about being stationary, but my biggest issue is Sandin doesn't give you the shot element that Lilly does. I am with you that I prefer Lilly on the 1st PP.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Wouldn't mind seeing him called up if Barrie needs to miss time.

Calling Liljegren up right now would be a desperation move.

Dubas should prioritize Liljegren’s development and the patience he has been preaching. Liljegren is getting close to being ready, but he should not be rushed in just yet. Another month or two of solid play in the AHL and they should re-evaluate at that time. His PP time should jump up with Sandin out, and he will be asked to carry the team until Jan 10th. Calling him up to play as a #6 right now would be a bad call.

horner

May 22, 2007

Dubas should prioritize Liljegren’s development and the patience he has been preaching. Liljegren is getting close to being ready, but he should not be rushed in just yet. Another month or two of solid play in the AHL and they should re-evaluate at that time. His PP time should jump up with Sandin out, and he will be asked to carry the team until Jan 10th. Calling him up to play as a #6 right now would be a bad call.

What other right shot dman do we have .
It's not called desperation it's called need
Let's see what we have for next yr

Reactions: hullsy47

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Liljegren is better right now and a right shot, Let Sandin go to the world juniors, give Liljegren a game or two if Barrie is out.

2 games won't de-rail his entire development. Especially since Keefe will actually play him if he does get a shot.
It Lilly time .as many marlies as we can get
Bracco in for nylander maybe for a game also

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

I don't see how bottom pair minutes due to injury is desperation for a player his age/experience/pedigree

Reactions: blueberrie

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Liljegren is better right now and a right shot, Let Sandin go to the world juniors, give Liljegren a game or two if Barrie is out.

2 games won't de-rail his entire development. Especially since Keefe will actually play him if he does get a shot.
We will need both these kids next year, might as well get their feet wet. Here’s a chance.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Why? Bracco might actually compliment Mathew
Even the biggest nylander fan has to admit ,that was a horrible road trip
The fly by's and just lack of concentration is alarming
New coach but its seems a few wont buy in
Keefe knows this whole roster
No, they don't. I have no idea who Nylander's biggest fans are, but I am certainly not one of them. However, even Willy's biggest detractors should see that he is playing well. And that is nothing against Bracco.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
What other right shot dman do we have .
It's not called desperation it's called need
Let's see what we have for next yr

The reason they are considering keeping Sandin with the Leafs is because Keefe shifted Dermott to the right to play with Reilly, and it worked. So they need an LD to replace Dermott, if Barrie is out for an extended period. Which is why rasmus would be next up, not Liljegren. Of course, Marincin plays both sides so we might see him for one game, if Barrie is close but needs to sit for a couple days.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The reason they are considering keeping Sandin with the Leafs is because Keefe shifted Dermott to the right to play with Reilly, and it worked. So they need an LD to replace Dermott, if Barrie is out for an extended period. Which is why rasmus would be next up, not Liljegren. Of course, Marincin plays both sides so we might see him for one game, if Barrie is close but needs to sit for a couple days.
Makes no sense to burn an ELC year on a player who isn't even playing as well as Lily.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

I want it to be Liljegren for 3 reasons,

1 - He is my favourite prospect
2 - He's been better than Sandin in the AHL
3 - I want Sandin to go to the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad