Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Liljegren 2 points away from setting a new AHL career high. He’s played 19 less games as well as of right now.

Offensive game shining through this year to go along with his excellent transition game and defensive game.
Do you think they were making him focus on defense since he was naturally gifted on offense?
Do you think they focused on developing a fully rounded defenseman?
Do you think this is part of the patience to draft and properly develop?
:sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Do you think they were making him focus on defense since he was naturally gifted on offense?
Do you think they focused on developing a fully rounded defenseman?
Do you think this is part of the patience to draft and properly develop?
:sarcasm:

I for one, am shocked that Liljegren was not actually a bust at 19 years old playing top minutes on a Calder Cup winning AHL team.

Shocked I tell you.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup Changes: Baptiste in for Wilson, Archibald in for Read up front. Duszak in for Lindgren, Schmaltz in for Rubins on defence.
Woll to start.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
1-1 after 1.
Not watching the game but here is what I got on twitter.

Woll allowed a bad goal, and then had a save of the year candidate.
Bracco is a magician at passing.
Harpur is terrible.
No one wants to play defence.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies trail 3-2 after 2. That was an awful PP which resulted in a SHG for the Sens.
Not sure what Woll was doing on that goal.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Woll with a great save on a Formenton breakaway

Bracco almost set up Harpur on a beautiful cross ice pass. If Harpur had hands that would be in.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Solid effort by the Marlies. Goaltending was stellar for the most part. Offence dried up a bit, Aberg in particular missed a couple silver gilted chances. PP was solid with Liljegren distributing.
Marincin needs to keep his head up and simplify things. Trying to make stretch passes that never work instead of using his partner. Duszak has a good game.

Hope they’ll have better luck tomorrow.

Reactions: stickty111

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Was at the game. Not a good effort at all. nobody was skating. Zero physical game. Sleepy offence. Team couldn’t get out of their own zone. The 3-2 score did not represent the game at all. Hope that was a just an off game.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I for one, am shocked that Liljegren was not actually a bust at 19 years old playing top minutes on a Calder Cup winning AHL team.

Shocked I tell you.
He played that one game in the ECHL which clearly makes him an ECHL player and a bust.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
1-1 after 1.
Not watching the game but here is what I got on twitter.

Woll allowed a bad goal, and then had a save of the year candidate.
Bracco is a magician at passing.
Harpur is terrible.
No one wants to play defence.
Harpur may have been terrible today ( I didn't watch) but he has been steady with the Marlies. I think he would be better on the wing, but he won't get the chance in the A

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sorry why would a physical shutdown dman in Harpur play wing?
He started as a winger is Guelph. He has pretty good speed for a guy his size, but is not laterally quick . He can shut down opponents, but is not that reliable as an NHL defender. He adds toughness (yes) he can do that from D too). It might get him to the NHL.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He started as a winger is Guelph. He has pretty good speed for a guy his size, but is not laterally quick . He can shut down opponents, but is not that reliable as an NHL defender. He adds toughness (yes) he can do that from D too). It might get him to the NHL.
As an NHL defender he's not viable and he doesn't have the hockey sense or puck skills to be an effective winger imo. He'd basically have to fill the role of an enforcer

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
As an NHL defender he's not viable and he doesn't have the hockey sense or puck skills to be an effective winger imo. He'd basically have to fill the role of an enforcer
Maybe, I think for him, it maybe a better route to the NHL. Certainly a fourth line enforcer type who bangs up and down the wing and would be defencivly responsible as a winger. It is kind of irrelevant though as the Marlies wing depth is too deep to attempt to convert him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I know people probably don't care, but Nikolai Chebykin and Vladimir Bobylev were traded together from Ufa to Chelyabinsk in today's KHL Trade Deadline.

Good news is that Chelyabinsk sucks and there is a good chance both of them are good enough to finally make it to the KHL. Bad news is the team sucks and it's unlikely that they really look all that great with no talent around them, but at this point I'll just take any KHL team that will play them and maybe there is still a spark of something with them. Definitely could use the big bodies in the organization.

Reactions: Lauro and teddygmr

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I know people probably don't care, but Nikolai Chebykin and Vladimir Bobylev were traded together from Ufa to Chelyabinsk in today's KHL Trade Deadline.

Good news is that Chelyabinsk sucks and there is a good chance both of them are good enough to finally make it to the KHL. Bad news is the team sucks and it's unlikely that they really look all that great with no talent around them, but at this point I'll just take any KHL team that will play them and maybe there is still a spark of something with them. Definitely could use the big bodies in the organization.
They were kind if "meh" in the VHL though weren't they? They woukd need to improve big time over the bext year or so to get back on the radar imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad