Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Previous Prospects thread : Prospect Info: - Marlies & Prospects Thread

Other one over the limit.

Just watched the 1st period of yesterday's Marlies game. That was some really ugly hockey. The Marlies had trouble controlling the puck, and had a few turnovers. They honestly looked like a team who had just come off a break. I can't really say anything 5 on 5 systems as a result. However the Marlies were on the PK a few times, so here is what I gathered.

When the opposing team is trying to enter the zone, one of the Marlies forward pressures them, and then afterwards, one of the Marlies defenceman also pressures the puck carrier and the other forward covers up for him. This wasn't on every entry though. The Marlies would sometimes just stack their blueline.

Marlies were also on the PP, but had trouble entering cleanly. I don't have much there. I will make a post about the 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LeafChief

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
2nd period impressions

Marlies looked a lot more organized in that period, and were clearly the better team. Maybe this was just because how it worked out, but the PP wasn't just working strictly through Bracco as we have gotten used too. Sometimes it went to him, and other times it went to the other wing.

In terms of the forechecking, here is what I got. The first forward pressures the defenceman and the 2nd forward stays somewhere between the circles and below them. If the puck is not controlled, he attacks it. The 3rd forward stays near the blueline as a security blanket of some sort. It's an aggressive fore check which I like. The defenceman are also aggressive in the neutral zone, where one of them is pinching if they can.
This did get the Marlies into some trouble as the Sens had some good chances in transition.
The Marlies also had some great chances transitioning as well. The Sens really had trouble defending the Marlies as they entered the zone.
As we have seen with the Leafs, the forwards are moving a lot in the offensive zone, and when there is an opportunity, defenceman are also attacking the net when the forwards have the puck on the outside.

I can't really say a lot about the Marlies D zone structure. Sens haven't had a ton of offensive zone time. Tough to grasp how the Marlies looked in their zone

Here were the PP units

1st unit PP
Aberg, Brooks, Bracco
Petan, Liljegren

2nd unit PP
Marchment, Kossila,Archibald
Agostino, Kivihalme

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
3rd period.
A little more O zone time for the Sens, and Marlies were man on man in their zone, but I believe I saw some zone as well, but might be wrong on that.

Here were the PK units.

PK units
Brooks, Marchment
Marincin, Liljegren

Kossila, Agostino
Harpur, Lindgren

Elynuk, Wilson
Kivihalme, Lindgren

There was also a shift with Harpur, Marincin as the D pairs on the PK.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No prospect of the week this week. Many teams are on a break, and there weren't a lot of games.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Updated December 22nd 2019
Nick Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 22 Goals: 23 Assists: 12 Points: 35 PTS/G: 1.59 LYPTS/G: 1.02 SOG: 110 Rating: +11 ESP: 21 PPP: 12 SHP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM: 1

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 31 Goals: 4 Assists: 38 Points: 42 PTS/G: 1.35 LYPTS/G: 0.74 SOG: 60 Rating: +6 ESP: 25 PPP: 16 SHP: 1 FO%: 53.4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM: 1

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 32 Goals: 6 Assists: 12 Points: 18 PTS/G: 0.56 SOG: 63 Rating: +2 ESP: 4 PPP: 14 SHP: CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 30 Goals: 15 Assists: 17 Points: 32 PTS/G: 1.07 LYPTS/G: 0.92 SOG: 96 Rating: +6 ESP: 21 PPP: 10 SHP: 1 FO%: 56.0 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 4 POM: 1

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 35 Goals: 21 Assists: 19 Points: 40 PTS/G: 1.14 LYPTS/G: 0.87 SOG: 131 Rating: -4 ESP: 24 PPP: 15 SHP: 1 FO%: 52.7 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 4 POM: 1

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 29 Goals: 9 Assists: 21 Points: 30 PTS/G: 1.03 LYPTS/G: 0.77 SOG: 80 Rating: +15 ESP: 21 PPP: 9 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM: 1

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 24 GAA: 3.96 SV%: .896 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: 15 Goals: 1 Assists: 5 Points: 6 SOG: 29 Rating: -8 ESP: 1 PPP: 5 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH
Games: 10 Goals: 4 Assists: 8 Points: 12 SOG: 17 Rating: +1 ESP: 8 PPP: 4 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO
Games: 11 Goals: Assists: 4 Points: 4 SOG: 7 Rating: -2 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

JD Greenway NCAA UofM
Games: 19 Goals: 1 Assists: 5 Points: 6 SOG: 36 Rating: -2 ESP: 6 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 26 Goals: 3 Assists: 3 Points: 6 PTS/G: 0.23 LYPTS/G: 0.21 SOG: 24 Rating: +5 ESP: 6 PPP: CF%: 51:54 TOI: 11:51 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 31 Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Points: 5 SOG: 34 Rating: +2 ESP: 5 PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 11:17 POW: POM:

Vladislav Kara VHL Bars
Games: 18 Goals: 6 Assists: 11 Points: 17 PTS/G: 0.94 LYPTS: 0.64 SOG: 64 Rating: +16 ESP: 16 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 16:26 POW: POM:
KHL Bars Kazan
Games: 18 Goals: 4 Assists: 4 Points: 8 SOG: 16 Rating: +5 ESP: 8 PPP: CF%: TOI: 8:41 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 20 Goals: 2 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: 35 Rating: -8 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 40.0 TOI: 17:38 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: Rating: -7 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:06 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 7 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 19 Rating: +2 ESP: 1 PPP: SHP: 1 CF%: 49.7 TOI: 18:26 POW: POM:
Metal Ligaen Frederikshavn
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: Rating: ESP: PPP: SHP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Rasanen officially a bust?
I would say so.

He could be having trouble transferring to a new league with so little ice time the last couple seasons, but at what point do the excuses stop? If he does this the rest of the season in a league of that quality then he's a nothing prospect, I wouldn't even bother following him at that point.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Greg Moore on Lilly after the game.

“He was really good,” said Moore. “He distributes the puck well, he exits well, and he gets our game transitioning in a real positive sense. He makes plays through the middle of the rink. He gets the puck into the hands of the right guys and collects some points.”

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
i think so ... guy never played here , goes to russia to never play

He played here. He was pretty good in junior at 16 & 17. Leaving was clearly a bad move in hindsight, and many thought it at the time.

But yeah, lookin' pretty busty. Not sure the Leafs have much interest in him at this point, otherwise they'd have him playing within the organization by now.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He played here. He was pretty good in junior at 16 & 17. Leaving was clearly a bad move in hindsight, and many thought it at the time.

But yeah, lookin' pretty busty. Not sure the Leafs have much interest in him at this point, otherwise they'd have him playing within the organization by now.

Leaving for the KHL was a bad move. Leaving for the Liiga would have been the right move. Would give him more time to develop, we still get our hands on him through the summer and September, and he gets to play a lot more minutes than what he would have received on the Marlies.

Hopefully post-Christmas, the Liiga is where he ends up. He can still salvage this season and with another good season next year, he'd earn an ELC easily.

Reactions: Eye Test

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I'm not expecting anything at all from him at this point, but 3 years ago I was ready to punch that card on Engvall as well.
He needs to play period
This kid needed to play junior
Nm pro
Bad advice but st John's is where he should go

horner

May 22, 2007
Not yet he's young and needs his body to fill out and his coordination to catch up, check back in a few years, look no farther than Holl.

When he played a few games for the Marlies I didn't think he looked that bad.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Liljegren showed off some elite PP quarterbacking skills this year.

Korshkov showed lots of potential, wish him more success at even strength and most importantly staying healthy in the new year.

Woll has a ways to go but is a very promising goaltending prospect.

Hope to see more of Brazeau with the Marlies in the New Year.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He'll likely be there this year if we can move Ceci. He's great in all three situations in the A. PP,PK,ES

He's in a great situation in the AHL. Leafs really can't experiment and hope NHL ready this season by replacing Ceci.
I know there is this trade Ceci at any cost which has been going since July, but Leafs are in death struggle to make the playoffs.

Reactions: kb and MyBudJT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad