Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects thread - Season gets going

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I feel like you'd be looking at a 7th round pick each for those two (at most).

Not to say that those aren't valuable as the Leafs have made some good 7th round picks in the last few drafts.

I just don't feel there is much value for Frattin or Panik. Maybe a throw in for a bigger trade.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Timashov took an embellishment penalty on Sunday and Remparts' photographer captured it. I thought I'd share. :D

211C9190.jpg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I feel like you'd be looking at a 7th round pick each for those two (at most).

Not to say that those aren't valuable as the Leafs have made some good 7th round picks in the last few drafts.

I just don't feel there is much value for Frattin or Panik. Maybe a throw in for a bigger trade.

It depends on how they'd do. Holzer got a 5th, did you expect him to get that at the beginning of last year?

If Panik were to come up and put up the same season he did last year, he'd get a lot more than a 7th.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It depends on how they'd do. Holzer got a 5th, did you expect him to get that at the beginning of last year?

If Panik were to come up and put up the same season he did last year, he'd get a lot more than a 7th.

We also took Brewer.

Panik cleared waivers so I doubt that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
We also took Brewer.

Panik cleared waivers so I doubt that.

So we'll take back someone like Brewer. Doesn't matter to me if it's at the TDL; it's not like we want to rush a whole bunch of Marlies after the TDL anyways.

Holzer also cleared waivers; it doesn't mean you can't prove your worth later in the year. Especially since he cleared waivers at a time where many teams had their rosters set.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So we'll take back someone like Brewer. Doesn't matter to me if it's at the TDL; it's not like we want to rush a whole bunch of Marlies after the TDL anyways.

Holzer also cleared waivers; it doesn't mean you can't prove your worth later in the year. Especially since he cleared waivers at a time where many teams had their rosters set.

We got the 5th round pick for taking on Brewer's remaining contract. They took Holzer back to even out the contracts. Leafs got the 5th for opening up some cap for the Ducks so that they could make other moves.

Holzer could have been named Player X for the purpose of that trade. He was a body.

Holzer made 750k last season. Brewer made 3.5+ mil.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
We got the 5th round pick for taking on Brewer's remaining contract. They took Holzer back to even out the contracts. Leafs got the 5th for opening up some cap for the Ducks so that they could make other moves.

Holzer could have been named Player X for the purpose of that trade. He was a body.

Holzer made 750k last season. Brewer made 3.5+ mil.

Wait, Anaheim didn't make any other deals. That deal was one of the last of the day and Anaheim did not make any other deal following that.

Hogzilla

Mar 5, 2014
St. Catharines, Ont
Should have picked Konecny..

I said it at the time and now that I see Konecny leading the OHL in points it only angers me more. Why the heck did the trade their late 1st round pick that could have been Konecny for a couple 2nds??? They had him in their grasp and instead we downgrade, blah!!

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
No one who has ever lead the OHL in points at any time in history has ever not gone on to become a great NHL player. FACT.

BEARS EAT BEETS.

BEETS. BEARS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Dermott, Bracco and Dzierkals for Konecny

Travis Dermott- was great in training camp and is a solid 2-way defender who will imo become a solid number 3 d-man for the Leafs. Is the #1 on a strong Erie team.

Jeremy Bracco- holds the USNTDP assist record beating out the likes of Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel. He is undersized and has had a rough start in Boston, but just look at Gaudreau who is of similar size and is already a top playmaker in the leagues.

Martins Dzierkals- maybe you haven't heard of him, but he is dominating the Q matching the production of Nikita Kucherov at the same age and on the same team. He is veeerrry fast and good be a great 2nd/3rd line winger assuming he has a good transition to pro.

Travis Konecny- could very well be the best player out of the bunch. Dermott will be a player and between Bracco and Dzierkals we could very well have a player or two similar or better in skill than Konecny. Konecny is also injury prone, so I'll take 3 close players to the one marginally better player.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I said it at the time and now that I see Konecny leading the OHL in points it only angers me more. Why the heck did the trade their late 1st round pick that could have been Konecny for a couple 2nds??? They had him in their grasp and instead we downgrade, blah!!

Lol nice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I also wanted Konecny and had him top 15 in my draft list but the picks selected by trading down are really doing well, so perhaps it will end up being just as good if not better.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Martin Dzierkals has two less points in the same amount of games, and was the lowest pick of the three players we got instead of drafting Konecny.

The 4G/18A split is also concerning, usually indicates getting a fair amount of secondary assists.

I haven't actually watched either play though and am just going off the boxscore, so I know nothing. But from the way it sounds, you're in the same boat.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Didn't see it mentioned at all, but Jeremy Bracco had 3A last night. That brings him to 3P in 4G.

Hopefully he has his groove again. Kid has some of the best vision and passing ability among any prospect.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Didn't see it mentioned at all, but Jeremy Bracco had 3A last night. That brings him to 3P in 4G.

Hopefully he has his groove again. Kid has some of the best vision and passing ability among any prospect.

He got 3A Friday night vs Colorado College and 0P Saturday night vs the same school.

3 points in 5 games.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
He got 3A Friday night vs Colorado College and 0P Saturday night vs the same school.

3 points in 5 games.

Not great, but it's his first year of College hockey. Unlike our guys who went back to the CHL and are among the oldest in their league, Bracco is one of the youngest. Gaudreau took three years in Boston before he came to the NHL.

If Bracco ends up around PPG this year, that would be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad