Confirmed with Link: Markus Granlund to VAN for Hunter Shinkaruk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Shinkaruk has 39 points in 45 games in the AHL?

P68N6F3.jpg

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Christian Roatis @CRoatis
Sven Baertschi and Markus Granlund for Rasmus Andersson and Hunter Shinkaruk.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Christian Roatis @CRoatis
Sven Baertschi and Markus Granlund for Rasmus Andersson and Hunter Shinkaruk.

Yep. I like it. It's going to take me some time to wipe away my hate for Shinkaruk and replace it with support, but I think it'll be worth it. Having a guy producing points in the AHL is going to be fun.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Really? At worst I see this as a lateral move. It looks relatively lateral right now, but Shinkaruk has a higher ceiling than Granlund does and if he keeps it together. It's too early to really judge this trade as a win/lose deal right now, IMO.

I agree Shinkaruk has a higher ceiling, but the kid was passed over at the draft and now the Canucks move him. His numbers aren't an better than Granlunds and the Canucks giving up on him, while needing high end wingers just doesn't sit right with me.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Shinks has been the best player on a very good Utica team this year. You guys whooped us here. Shinkaruk is a great prospect at this point and I do not think the same can be said about Granlund.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Well I felt Granlund would be out the door with Bennett moving to centre and no desire from the Flames to move Markus to wing. He was going to be lost on waivers next year and we pick up a 1st from the deep 2013 draft.

Granlund is a legit NHL player so the trade is closer than the Canucks fans think but it's still a pretty big win for us.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I agree Shinkaruk has a higher ceiling, but the kid was passed over at the draft and now the Canucks move him. His numbers aren't an better than Granlunds and the Canucks giving up on him, while needing high end wingers just doesn't sit right with me.

The key is Shink is on the up-swing. He vastly improved this year. (After having injuries the year before.)

Shink is trending up well right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad