Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone (signed 8x~$9MM)/T. Lindberg for The Brannwagon, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2020 2nd

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Las Vegas is my second favourite team now. I usually don't care when we trade Ottawa players, but Stone is special special player. He was the reason I bought season tickets for my Sens.

His hockey IQ is off the charts. Please treat him well. He will give you everything he has and makes everyone around him better.

Win a cup for him, he deserves it.

They damn well better win a Cup in the next 4 years. :laugh:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
For those of you complaining about losing Brannstrom I’m upset too but we are about to add the best player we’ve ever had.

This was a fantastic trade. Oscar is a marginal player and the 2nd isn’t all that much give since it ain’t the only one.
At the same time we could have lost the best player we could ever had. But time will tell.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Pretty sure i saw a tweet saying he was hearing Glass.

Regardless it doesn't matter.

Go Vegas!

But Glass could have been part of the conversation. Negotiations could have dragged on because Glass is GMGM's only sacred prospect cow, and OTT relented because no one else was offering better than Branny...... It'd be fun to be a fly on TDL walls, wouldn't it?

Reactions: DJB and derriko

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Nice to see that Ottawa fans love his game.

That’s a ton of money to give to a guy that never scored 30 goals in a season though. He should finally do it this year but it’s a contract year for him.

Stone has a higher shooting percentage than anyone on our team however. Maybe we won’t need 50 shots to have a high scoring game anymore.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We don’t know if the haul is magical or not. What we do know is that we got 2 extra 1sts in the expansion draft and we turned those picks into Max and Mark.

Let’s see Seattle do something that magical. And we still have our own magical pick from that draft.

Max is being outperformed by the throw in piece we couldn't give away after spending a 1st, 2nd and 3rd on him months earlier.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Didn’t think this team would have a 30 goal scorer this season (we finally saw someone get to 20).

Tuch leads the team with 27 assists and 43 points. Stone has 34 assists and 62 points (and 28 goals compared to the 20 for Marchessault).

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Marchessault - Karlsson - Stone
Pirri - Stastny - Tuch
Patches - Eakin - Smith

Is an exciting top 9 this year. We gotta trade some top 9 guy(s) in the off season, though.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think I'm beginning to understand what a bargain Vegas got here. By all accounts, even though we're giving up our favorite prospect, this is a haul for an extended Stone. I believe that Stone told Dorion that among the suitors, VGK is the only team he would extend with. This drove the price down that we had to pay, if it's the case.

Stone seems as excited as Patches was, based on initial interview quotes.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Congrats on getting Stone. Glad it was you guys and not those ungrateful bums in Winnipeg and Calgary.

Stone is a legit superstar in this league and you should be thrilled to sign him long-term. We're talking about a guy who's produced above a PPG the past two seasons playing beside mediocre players in Brassard, White and Tkachuk. He also happens to be a world class defensive player and the best takeaway artist the league has ever seen.

You'll have a lot of fans over on the Ottawa board cheering you guys on in the playoffs this year. Good luck!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Who has good defensive prospects we can trade Smith, Miller, Eakin, possibly Marchessault to try to restock.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Congrats on getting Stone. Glad it was you guys and not those ungrateful bums in Winnipeg and Calgary.

Stone is a legit superstar in this league and you should be thrilled to sign him long-term. We're talking about a guy who's produced above a PPG the past two seasons playing beside mediocre players in Brassard, White and Tkachuk. He also happens to be a world class defensive player and the best takeaway artist the league has ever seen.

You'll have a lot of fans over on the Ottawa board cheering you guys on in the playoffs this year. Good luck!
I'd say I was a little nervous to destroy the culture of the team, but as has been mentioned by a lot of people within the team itself, we lost the misfits thing long ago. Now I'm ready to just be a good team that wins.

Stone sounds like the perfect Knight. I know Brannstrom isn't what people were expecting (I'm listening to TSN 1100 on my phone now) but he's a legit potential stud. Super disappointed to lose him, and I was personally more excited to see him eventually come to Vegas than our "top prospect" Cody Glass. If it came down to it, I'd have given up Glass without much issue but Brannstrom was like a kick in the stomach when I heard the news.

Good luck.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

That’s a ton of money to give to a guy that never scored 30 goals in a season though. He should finally do it this year but it’s a contract year for him.

Stone has a higher shooting percentage than anyone on our team however. Maybe we won’t need 50 shots to have a high scoring game anymore.
He might only score 30 goals, but any player who plays on his line will score an additional 10-15 goals. He makes players around him so much better.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think I'm beginning to understand what a bargain Vegas got here. By all accounts, even though we're giving up our favorite prospect, this is a haul for an extended Stone. I believe that Stone told Dorion that among the suitors, VGK is the only team he would extend with. This drove the price down that we had to pay, if it's the case.

Stone seems as excited as Patches was, based on initial interview quotes.
Do you really think Dorion would tell Vegas that, though? A GM that was in the race said he couldn't match Brannstrom offer. Not wouldn't, but couldn't.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

He makes everyone around him so much better. Trust me you guys will love him i promise!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
next year?

gyRJtnM.jpg

Do Vegas fans prefer Brannstrom over Glass?

50/50 IMO

and lol Toronto Sports Network:

z4cSx9M.jpg

Reactions: derriko

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Slightly worrying about what happens to the team after him if they are not a good team because of this mortgaging the prospects to pay for this team.
I've got a feeling he'll set it up as a family thing. The figurehead of the family (likely his son) will hopefully just provide guidance and let the hockey people do their thing.

Plus, the future isn't really mortgaged. We've still got more picks than a normal team in the coming years, and the reason we all loved prospects to start the franchise is because we thought we'd need them to be good. Turns out we're pretty okay, we can just act like a normal team and go for a while. Plenty of drafted kids fall out through the pipeline prior to making it to the NHL, we don't have that luxury and it might hurt in the long run, but by the time we really need them (3-5 years) we'll have a "normal" pipeline with a small age gap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad