Speculation: Mark Stone Mega-Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Apparently Melnyk doesn't have the money to pay Stone a bonus structure that his peers get, and the Stone camp wants that. The Sens can't/won't do it. So there's no reason to keep him IMO. I mean as a Sens fan I would have liked to keep all of our star players and not be a farm team for the NHL, but it is what it is. The organization is a joke.
That organization is an embarrassment. It's going to be a bunch of kids with no real vet leadership.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
No way we would offer that. Wilde is not going anywhere.
I'd be surprised if Wilde wasn't the main piece. There's no way Dobson would be available, and to call Wilde untouchable (really good, but he just got taken in the 2nd round) for a player like Stone is crazy. You add Stone and keep Dobson/Wahlstrom. That's a win. I guess depends on what else goes back. But Ottawa needs an RHD for Stone.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I'd be surprised if Wilde wasn't the main piece. There's no way Dobson would be available, and to call Wilde untouchable (really good, but he just got taken in the 2nd round) for a player like Stone is crazy. You add Stone and keep Dobson/Wahlstrom. That's a win. I guess depends on what else goes back. But Ottawa needs an RHD for Stone.

Not for a rental, if we can sign Stone sure...but not going through the same BS we did with Tavares in the off-season..I want Stone signed first before giving him up

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Not for a rental, if we can sign Stone sure...but not going through the same BS we did with Tavares in the off-season..I want Stone signed first before giving him up

Listen OTT is under the gun, not us. He's got what 1 1/2 to deal him or lose him in the off-season. He over shot what he thought he could get in the market.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
my god id feel horrible for Sens fans if Dorian doesn't deal Stone and then he walks in the offseason

Stone will be dealt no question about it, but PD May of over played his hand lost out on the two biggest takers so his return likely will be less......just not sure how much less. Stone will still return at least as much as Duchene imo.........if he doesn’t it’s a epic fail by PD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It is amazing to think of how good Ottawa could have been if they stuck with the process and just traded Hoffman away after the Karlsson ordeal. Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, and now some of these young guys coming up such as Chabot? Such a shame.

I think it would be more if they stuck with the process and didn’t constantly pinch pennies with franchise players like Spezza, Chara, Alfredson, etc.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It is amazing to think of how good Ottawa could have been if they stuck with the process and just traded Hoffman away after the Karlsson ordeal. Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, and now some of these young guys coming up such as Chabot? Such a shame.

If the players don't wanna stay there's only one option left.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just trade stone already dorion! I’m sure you have awesome offers, pick one and move on.

Holding up the rest of the trades it feels like.

Reactions: Sam Steel

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
would love to see Dorion's reaction if all the contenders ignore his calls en masse lol

upload_2019-2-25_11-56-18.jpeg

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
It was a complete and total waste of time trying to deal with the GM in Ottawa.

Going after Hayes was much smarter than playing games.

Cant blame the Jets for wanting Stone over Hayes and it is understandable that Chevy didnt want to pay the price. Chevy would have looked like a fool to not attempt to get Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille