Value of: Mark Scheifele

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If they weren't in the same division, a Fiala-Schiefele swap would make a lot of sense. Minny needs a 1C, and Schiefele will be cheaper for the next couple of years over what Fiala is probably going to make.
So why do the Jets do it? As strong case for wild. Don’t see case for Jets.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
do you put any thought into any of your proposals?

What's stopping Chevy to reach out to Klingberg's agent to gauge what a contract might look like and have an agreement in place before the UFA period. He can trade for his rights or better yet Dallas can sign him for the extra year to bring costs down.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
What's stopping Chevy to reach out to Klingberg's agent to gauge what a contract might look like and have an agreement in place before the UFA period. He can trade for his rights or better yet Dallas can sign him for the extra year to bring costs down.
And you're suggesting Winnipeg trade Scheifele to Dallas to get that extra year? Seriously? Did you really think that through and decide "hey that makes sense."

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Would love him in LA if he would or could play wing? We have nothing but defensive guys with very little offence.

What position players are Winnipeg looking for? We are overloaded on Right D and center.
or what if Kopitar moved to wing?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
so you follow up a terrible trade proposal with another terrible trade proposal...

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
giphy.gif

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I thought it might get your attention

How about making a proposal of your own then instead of crapping on other posters ?
Who crapped on you?

YOU offered DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, first, Steen (no to Lysell, Lohrei, Swayman) in response to a post claiming the ask is "a1st line winger, a 1st /2d pair D, a first and a decent winger prospect"

DeBrusk is not a 1st line winger - apparently you disagree?
Grezlcyk does not fill a need (Jets have Morrissey, Dillon, Samberg, Stanley and Heinola all on the LHS). So, not a knock on Grezlcyk but not a fit. The Jets DO need a 1st pair / 2nd pair RHD though.

The first is a first

Steen is a decent winger prospect, I guess, but basically an unnecessary throw in

And I DID respond to your post, saying switch Grezlcyk with Carlo, who would be the main piece in the trade.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Who crapped on you?

YOU offered DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, first, Steen (no to Lysell, Lohrei, Swayman) in response to a post claiming the ask is "a1st line winger, a 1st /2d pair D, a first and a decent winger prospect"

DeBrusk is not a 1st line winger - apparently you disagree?
Grezlcyk does not fill a need (Jets have Morrissey, Dillon, Samberg, Stanley and Heinola all on the LHS). So, not a knock on Grezlcyk but not a fit. The Jets DO need a 1st pair / 2nd pair RHD though.

The first is a first

Steen is a decent winger prospect, I guess, but basically an unnecessary throw in

And I DID respond to your post, saying switch Grezlcyk with Carlo, who would be the main piece in the trade.
I'm more inclined to think Carlo could be involved than before we got Lindholm.

Carlo...first..
No lysell from our end
What other pieces...debrusk ?
Not much value now but studnicka ?

Extra pick ?

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
well you can certainly trade him but you won't get what you want or expect...
A team like Carolina could easily outbid your offer and continue to own the bruins like they’re doing right now. Enjoy getting thumped in these and future playoffs.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
A team like Carolina could easily outbid your offer and continue to own the bruins like they’re doing right now. Enjoy getting thumped in these and future playoffs.
Curious what Jets fans would consider a proper offer from someone like Carolina. Not saying that the Bruins offer was reasonable, but more as a basis of comparison.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm more inclined to think Carlo could be involved than before we got Lindholm.

Carlo...first..
No lysell from our end
What other pieces...debrusk ?
Not much value now but studnicka ?

Extra pick ?
I would consider Carlo, DeBrusk and the 1st a good (fair) offer.

Carlo would greatly improve the Jets right side D ( I may over rate his abilities but thinking he would paly opposite Morrissey) DeBrusk will replace some of the offense lost by trading Scheifele. A 20 something 1st is still a 1st.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Curious what Jets fans would consider a proper offer from someone like Carolina. Not saying that the Bruins offer was reasonable, but more as a basis of comparison.
IMO with Carolina it would go like this:

We want Jarvis. They won't do Jarvis.

So it turns into:
- Necas who is sort of their DeBrusk equivalent,
- Morrow, Drury and a pick instead of Carlo & Lysell

More futures, less current players but still a middle 6 right shot winger, a right handed Dman with upside, a center prospect + a pick due to the uncertainty with all the prospects.

With Carlo and DeBrusk you're getting players in their prime so we know what we'd be getting. With prospects their progression isn't as certain. Can Drury break into the NHL or not? Will Morrow sign with the Jets after college or not? (Nathan Smith just bolted on us)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad