Value of: Mark Scheifele

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There's been a lot of smoke with the local and national media recently about Mark Scheifele being shopped this offseason. I'm looking to gauge what your team would be willing to trade to acquire Mark - if need be assume he could be retained at 50%.

With this in mind his contract is for 2 more seasons at ~6mil (3mil if retained).

I'd personally want to see a mix of roster players and prospects as the return but futures offers would be interesting to see as well. In particular a middle 6 center or RH shot winger would fit the team needs pretty well.

Despite a weaker defensive game the past few years, he has had excellent numbers the past several seasons never dipping below point per game in both regular season and playoffs over that time. With the right coaching staff his defensive numbers could improve.

XLHnGFL.png

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's been a lot of smoke with the local and national media recently about Mark Scheifele being shopped this offseason. I'm looking to gauge what your team would be willing to trade to acquire Mark - if need be assume he could be retained at 50%.

With this in mind his contract is for 2 more seasons at ~6mil (3mil if retained).

I'd personally want to see a mix of roster players and prospects as the return but futures offers would be interesting to see as well. In particular a middle 6 center or RH shot winger would fit the team needs pretty well.
RANGERS PASS

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If the Jets move him do they go scorched earth rebuild or just retool and build around Dubois Ehlers Perfetti Etc ? Any possibility they move Hellebuyck ever ?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo: Florida 1st + Levi + Johnson

It's more than we got for Sam Reinhart with the added piece being the most valuable one.
Levi is nice if you decide to trade Hellebuyck

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Knowing you the Rangers need to put Chytil there At 2C. Guy couldn't crack the top9 on half the tam in the NHL, but good luck with that
Luck unnecessary. Chytil looks good w/correct linemates and sufficient mins, which he has gotten lately.
Once again bern right, critics wrong.

And lest someone criticize me for going off topic while I exercised my right to a direct response, again, no need for NYR to spend to obtain Schief who they can't use as he is now less than he was and only an upgrade on the exiting Strome.

Play Vatrano w/Chytil and either Gauthier or Kakko
Keep Copp

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He won’t return what a typical #1C would return. Look at his cap hit vs production and his value should be sky high but let’s see the return once he’s moved. I expect the cost to surprise many. Feel free to bookmark this.

Still has solid value but teams won’t lineup for character issue guys like him and Wheeler.

If Hf posters know of the problems they cause certainly NHL GMs know.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Doublechin

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I have no doubt Scheifele will be a perennial 80-90 point player somewhere else. Won't happen in Wpg though. Ask would be steep......and rightly so.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
ok, just trying to gauge something here. Would something around Necas, a pick and prospect or two work? Let me know where those last two categories fill in. I'm sure after not having a first this year the Canes wouldn't want to give up a first next year. After the last two drafts though there are just a ton of prospects to choose from.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Luck unnecessary. Chytil looks good w/correct linemates and sufficient mins, which he has gotten lately.
Once again bern right, critics wrong.

And lest someone criticize me for going off topic while I exercised my right to a direct response, again, no need for NYR to spend to obtain Schief who they can't use as he is now less than he was and only an upgrade on the exiting Strome.

Play Vatrano w/Chytil and either Gauthier or Kakko
Keep Copp
Nobody is more confident in being wrong than you. Quite the accomplishment.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why Not keep Scheifele and run Dubois & Scheifele as your 1-2. Seems like a good 1-2 punch

It's time for a change. The team is currently less than the sum of its parts, and is due for a shakeup. And Scheifele has lost inspiration and needs a change of scenery.

Reactions: hn777

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
ok, just trying to gauge something here. Would something around Necas, a pick and prospect or two work? Let me know where those last two categories fill in. I'm sure after not having a first this year the Canes wouldn't want to give up a first next year. After the last two drafts though there are just a ton of prospects to choose from.

I'm not sure about Necas. You know who would fit well in Winnipeg? Hometown boy Seth Jarvis.

I know the Canes have the prospects to put together a really good quantity package, something with Scott Morrow would be enticing. But the Jets have good all around depth so I don't think quantity is what they're looking for. I think they'd prefer Jarvis + some salaried player.

Reactions: Raistlin and hn777

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Jets fans will want a 1C return plus his contract is nice but other teams fanbases won't be willing to give up a 1C haul for him because of his recent defensive struggles

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Jets fans will want a 1C return plus his contract is nice but other teams fanbases won't be willing to give up a 1C haul for him because of his recent defensive struggles
That doesn't mean he's only worth an over the hill #13 on trade bait deadline day price either

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Buffalo: Florida 1st + Levi + Johnson

It's more than we got for Sam Reinhart with the added piece being the most valuable one.
Levi is nice if you decide to trade Hellebuyck
This is too much imo. Scheifele doesn't have a clue on defense, is trending in the wrong direction, and there's been smoke about him being a negative impact in the locker room. We just got rid of Eichel, we don't need another toxic guy to replace him.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I have no doubt Scheifele will be a perennial 80-90 point player somewhere else. Won't happen in Wpg though. Ask would be steep......and rightly so.

What do you mean won't happen in Winnipeg? Dude has been a PPG player six seasons in a row (assuming he can put up 3 in the last 6 games this year).
This is too much imo. Scheifele doesn't have a clue on defense, is trending in the wrong direction, and there's been smoke about him being a negative impact in the locker room. We just got rid of Eichel, we don't need another toxic guy to replace him.
BS that is too much. It would be perfectly fair to say Buffalo isn't in a position to move those guys for Scheifele, but while they're all solid picks/prospects, not a single one of them belongs as the centerpiece in a deal for a 1C.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nobody is more confident in being wrong than you. Quite the accomplishment.
Sez you, chiming in w/a false narrative.
While I don't claim to be correct 111% of the time, usually I get these things right.

Keep Kreider. Don't trade JT Miller which Slats got suckered into.
Keep this guy, deal that guy.
Post mortem, totality of circumstances, my recommendation are usually the way to have gone.

I have been saying for 3 yrs Rangers should trade Strome and give his mins to Chytil, Barron and Kravtsov, and that has PROVEN to be the correct move.

Physician, heal thyself

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What do you mean won't happen in Winnipeg? Dude has been a PPG player six seasons in a row (assuming he can put up 3 in the last 6 games this year).

BS that is too much. It would be perfectly fair to say Buffalo isn't in a position to move those guys for Scheifele, but while they're all solid picks/prospects, not a single one of them belongs as the centerpiece in a deal for a 1C.

Scheifele just isn’t your typical 1C.

His reputation has taken a huge hit, he’s getting a lazy players reputation and top that with locker room rumours

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad