Value of: Mark Scheifele

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
They gonna keep Dubois and trade Scheifele. There is a cancer in that room, and it seems like Scheifele.
I've been thinking this for years, ever since i first saw Jets dressing room videos back in 2015 i thought that Scheifele's behaviour seemed somewhat "bullyish".

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Ok
Enjoy missing the playoffs in these and future playoffs

I don’t think I would want to see my team in the playoffs if they were going to get bludgeoned in the first round like the Bruins are.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Please tell me the idea that adding Ryan Mast to an already derisory offer completely lacking in blue chip assets would put it over the top was said tongue in cheek…

Reactions: Pongs21

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Scheif, Dillon and 2022 1st to Philly for Provorov, 2022 3rd and Konecny.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If we're packaging Scheifele and a pick in the low teens, why wouldn't we just go after a top-flight RHD? Even if one LHD goes, we still have a logjam. LHDs are absolutely out of the question, even if one is going the other way.
Provorov Schmidt
JMo DD
Sammy Pionk
Stanimal/Kovs

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Provorov is not the player the Jets should target.

Scheifele for Konecny + has possibilities.
Could work that. Plus wouldn’t be a huge one though, as again, Konecny is younger, signed longer, isn’t a locker room issue and has grit. Schiefele is a one dimensional player but it’s a great dimension. So I could get on board with Schiefele having more overall value but not a huge one. Konecny + Laughton, perhaps? Laughton isn’t the best C option but is a two way C who can put up 15G/40P in the right situation and role - of which he’s never had here. Closer to a 3C but still.

Last edited:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

I wouldn't mind the Jets picking up Konecny, but he would need a fairly significant add with him to make it worthwhile. Konecny is an okay complementary winger, but isn't needed or valuable enough to be the main piece for Scheifele and Philly would need to add a pretty big plus .

I agree with you on Provorov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huffer

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Could work that. Plus wouldn’t be a huge one though, as again, Konecny is younger, signed longer, isn’t a locker room issue and has grit. Schiefele is a one dimensional player but it’s a great dimension. So I could get on board with Schiefele having more overall value but not a huge one. Konecny + Laughton, perhaps? Laughton isn’t the best C option but is a two way C who can put up 15G/40P in the right situation and role - of which he’s never had here. Closer to a 3C but still.
no....

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Okay. Seems like the Jets want an unquestionable 1RD or top flight winger for Schiefele, who is a 1C but not elite, AND has several question marks both as a player and as a person.

Good luck!
yes, me saying no to konecny/laughton = me only wanting a number 1RHD/top flight winger and the issue with scheifele is accountability, which can be fixed by putting him on a team with good structure and a coach who actually holds players accountable for their play...

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
yes, me saying no to konecny/laughton = me only wanting a number 1RHD/top flight winger and the issue with scheifele is accountability, which can be fixed by putting him on a team with good structure and a coach who actually holds players accountable for their play...
It’s not you specifically. It’s an aggregation of the responses for Schiefele’s value by Jets fans in this thread. I’ve seen some pretty good offers here and it’s been responded with “a clean no” meaning expectations are higher. And that’s fine.

To respond to your post, lacking accountability is a BIG issue, not a small one. And certainly includes a pretty decent risk on the receiving team because it’s pure speculation if their structure will enable him to thrive as well.

So, your statement kind of alluded to why he’s not receiving packages perhaps on expectations.

I will say this: players with locker room question marks and accountability questions lose value over time, not gain. Mark Scheifele had a lot more value as a 26 year old PPG center and 5 years left without question marks than he does as a 29 year old PPG with 2 years left and considerable questions.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It’s not you specifically. It’s an aggregation of the responses for Schiefele’s value by Jets fans in this thread. I’ve seen some pretty good offers here and it’s been responded with “a clean no” meaning expectations are higher. And that’s fine.

To respond to your post, lacking accountability is a BIG issue, not a small one. And certainly includes a pretty decent risk on the receiving team because it’s pure speculation if their structure will enable him to thrive as well.

So, your statement kind of alluded to why he’s not receiving packages perhaps on expectations.
it would be an issue if they were trying to hold him accountable and he was just ignoring it... it's pure speculation that he's some sort of locker room cancer

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
it would be an issue if they were trying to hold him accountable and he was just ignoring it... it's pure speculation that he's some sort of locker room cancer
Speculation is all we get as fans. However, these things rarely start from nothing.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Provorov or JMo can always be moved.
Provorov, Konecny and a 3rd is good value for Scheif, Dillon and a 3rd.

If it is Scheif for Konecny, the Flyers' add is substantial.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Provorov or JMo can always be moved.
Provorov, Konecny and a 3rd is good value for Scheif, Dillon and a 3rd.

If it is Scheif for Konecny, the Flyers' add is substantial.
I’d add Dillon and Ves to Scheifele for Konecny and their 1st. Without their 1st, there’s no deal for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad