Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
ANOTHER save by Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I've got a t-shirt for that...

il_fullxfull.1993515594_1pkp.jpg

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Scheifele is turning me back into a believer that he will someday deserve a statue here. I was really down on him the last few seasons. He has always had a unique package of size and skill to make plays that not many players in the league can. However, his defensive effort this season is night and day to what it has been the past couple of years. He is making a difference this year in all phases of the game and isn't cheating for offence. There hasn't been a game yet this year where you could question his effort and will to win. Not quite his Stevie Y turn yet, but he's definitely looking the part of a franchise player and leader again. Happy to have him here for, hopefully, the rest of his career and really optimistic about what the team can accomplish.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Scheifele is turning me back into a believer that he will someday deserve a statue here. I was really down on him the last few seasons. He has always had a unique package of size and skill to make plays that not many players in the league can. However, his defensive effort this season is night and day to what it has been the past couple of years. He is making a difference this year in all phases of the game and isn't cheating for offence. There hasn't been a game yet this year where you could question his effort and will to win. Not quite his Stevie Y turn yet, but he's definitely looking the part of a franchise player and leader again. Happy to have him here for, hopefully, the rest of his career and really optimistic about what the team can accomplish.
He’s been a beast so far. Just a treat to watch. Whatever it is is rubbing off on KC as well, much smaller player and he won’t win many board battles, but he is back checking better than ever.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yeah whatever was ailing him is all gone

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yes, he seems like a different player, in all the right ways. The talent was always there, but he seemed moody and entitled to me, on and off the ice, for the last few seasons. It's hard not to ascribe some of the positive change to getting away from Wheeler's influence, but there are no doubt other factors at play as well. Having Lowry and Morrissey as the new team leaders has created a whole new vibe and he is reflecting that in his demeanor. Winning always helps, so the jury is out until we have our inevitable slump. Here's hoping he has really matured as a person and player, and continues to take cues from his co-captains.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Loving his game again. He has taken to a new level this year. Better than 17-18. His best hockey. Hopefully something doesn't trigger him to start sulking like last year (after simply getting benched for a few minutes). We need him and Connor going strong.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Yes, he seems like a different player, in all the right ways. The talent was always there, but he seemed moody and entitled to me, on and off the ice, for the last few seasons. It's hard not to ascribe some of the positive change to getting away from Wheeler's influence, but there are no doubt other factors at play as well. Having Lowry and Morrissey as the new team leaders has created a whole new vibe and he is reflecting that in his demeanor. Winning always helps, so the jury is out until we have our inevitable slump. Here's hoping he has really matured as a person and player, and continues to take cues from his co-captains.
I believe his change in play was/is effected by 3 things. His minutes have gone down, even though he was part of the leadership group, maybe he feels he can finally put his fingerprints on the team. And he has finally matured and realized they need the 200ft player he can be to get a cup.

BUT I was tricked last year, and his play did fall off on the back half of the season. We shall see what Feb brings.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He also signed a very lucrative contract that will fairly pay him for the rest of his career. That likely takes pressure off him.

Reactions: Aggie204

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
I believe his change in play was/is effected by 3 things. His minutes have gone down, even though he was part of the leadership group, maybe he feels he can finally put his fingerprints on the team. And he has finally matured and realized they need the 200ft player he can be to get a cup.

BUT I was tricked last year, and his play did fall off on the back half of the season. We shall see what Feb brings.
Agree.
I would phrase it in two words: "no Wheeler".

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Imagine my glee to hear Whit on Spittin Chiclets praise Scheifele as a top centre who plays a solid 200ft game. What a crazy timeline we’re living in now.
Because he never was as bad as hfboards brought him out to play. Wheeler and Connor were the bigger problem. A narrative started and people kept rehashing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00