Confirmed with Link: Mark Pysyk 1 year deal

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Baffling. Mind-bottling, even.
Quality Rickyism

I like having depth, I don't know much about the guy but I tend to browse other forums and read up, he seems well received and sounds like a respectable bottom pairing guy.

So many new players, adding this many D, i'm with the majority anticipating a trade incoming.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He used to be solid but I haven’t paid attention to him in years. Buffalo fans were pretty happy with him though, and he wore an A, so sounds like a great signing. An upgrade on Staal at least.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think he could be paired with Edvinsson on the camp.

Chiarot - Seider
Määttä - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindström
Edvinsson - Pysyk

When real season will start, Oesterle & Pysyk are extras, 7 & 8 D.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Another signing?? Ok, I'm getting a little Pysyk of this.

its-time-to-stop-stop.gif

Roy S

May 16, 2009
This is a really good signing. He's a bit of an analytical darling. If they pair him with Chiarot on the 3rd pair and get lots of D zone face-offs, then that would be a really good pairing. Put Maatta with Seider on the top pair and Edvinsson with Hronek as the offensive pair who gets lots of O zone face-offs.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Lindstrom is probably done.
He'll have an uphill battle getting back to the Wings.

This is a really good signing. He's a bit of an analytical darling. If they pair him with Chiarot on the 3rd pair and get lots of D zone face-offs, then that would be a really good pairing. Put Maatta with Seider on the top pair and Edvinsson with Hronek as the offensive pair who gets lots of O zone face-offs.

I think the rookie - either Edvinsson or Johansson - plays with Pysyk.
Chiarot with Hronek. Maatta with Seider.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would think if anyone might get pushed out, it's Oesterle.
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I never want to see him again. Trade him and send him back to the desert or Chicago.

It's like Stevie realized Harbor Freight tools suck and went out and bought real ones. Yes Stevie, you get what you pay for.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
First thought that came to mind with this signing is, "do we have our newest spacegoat?!?"

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
He used to be solid but I haven’t paid attention to him in years. Buffalo fans were pretty happy with him though, and he wore an A, so sounds like a great signing. An upgrade on Staal at least.
He started out last season playing really well. He's at his best when you simply don't notice him because he's just quietly effective. He seemed to get worse toward the back half of the season though. I'm not sure if he actually got worse or if it was just that Buffalo saw considerable improvement from some of the younger Dmen around him.

Either way he's a solid 6/7D and great in the locker room. Honestly thought Buffalo would bring him back.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don’t think they would have signed him with this IMO, it probably happened during training in the last 2 weeks
That makes the most sense. Guess I kinda forgot that human beings can get injured outside of NHL seasons :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad