Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
What?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Konnan511

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Really seems like we're just jumping ship on the team we had last year. There's no room for anyone. And I can't imagine we're getting ANY value back when other teams look at the situation we're in and the people guys are losing spots to.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Does it? I mean I didn’t think we were going to go hard after Klingberg, but this could be a guy that isn’t going to play some nights.
I guess not necessarily, but the D depth chart is pretty deep now, especially when you include the prospects.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I guess not necessarily, but the D depth chart is pretty deep now, especially when you include the prospects.
Yeah I guess. I’m not sure how many of them can play the right side though. Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom, and Pysyk.

I guess it’s nice that he wore an A. Some more leadership back there for the young guys.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Guys we’re not getting Klingberg.

Pysyk is about as solid as you get from a 3rd pairing defenseman. I really like this signing but I’m also wondering what the plan is for Lindstrom and if they bring back Walman.

Looks like Stevie is gonna go with 8 defenseman again this year. We also signed Kampfer but I doubt he makes the team

Reactions: Umingmak

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Guess SY was really serious about improving our goals against.... looks like he's planning on signing 12 Dmen this season. There will be at least three D-men on the ice for every shift, only 2 forwards, both wingers. Now you know why SY hasn't wasted any money on signing any more C's for this season, including Larkin... we aren't playing any.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Guys we’re not getting Klingberg.

Pysyk is about as solid as you get from a 3rd pairing defenseman. I really like this signing but I’m also wondering what the plan is for Lindstrom and if they bring back Walman.

Looks like Stevie is gonna go with 8 defenseman again this year. We also signed Kampfer but I doubt he makes the team

Walman - Lindstrom are fine as spares.
Maatta - Pysk probably are bottom pair. That’s ok.

Reactions: Snuggs and Umingmak

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Been watching this guy since junior, and I’m really happy about this signing, especially at such a low salary.

He’s going to be a solid bottom pairing guy who sits a few games out here and there. Solid player, great person.

Reactions: Filppula

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Baffling. Mind-bottling, even.
I always thought the term was ‘mind boggling’. Have I been misled for years ?

I’ve always liked Pysyk as a depth guy. Solid defense first player. Which seems to be the theme between Maatta, Chiarot and Pysyk.

Regardless of what happens in the standings.
I think Yzerman was tired of the goalies being left high and dry and the weekly game where the team allows between 6-8 goals.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Seems to be they let Walman walk.

Chiarot - Seider
Määttä - Hronek
Edvinsson - Lindström
Oesterle - Pysyk

Pysyk typical defenceman forward hybrid, so they like to go with 13+8 roster.

Walman got a qualifying offer, so they can't exactly let him walk at this point.

I would think if anyone might get pushed out, it's Oesterle. He wasn't able to lock down a regular role last season when the D was a lot worse, and his previous connections that might've helped him get signed (Blashill and DDK) are gone. Walman is younger and probably has more upside.

But we also know that Yzerman really doesn't plan around putting kids (especially ones that haven't played in N/A yet) in NHL spots when he's building in the offseason, so your line up is probably spot on if you drop Edvinsson and put Walman in his place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad