Confirmed with Link: Mark Jankowski signs ELC

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Watched the game last night.. Janko plays bigger than I thought he would, isn't overly aggressive but uses his body well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Treliving said Janko is a tremendous person. He said all kids want it at this stage, but Janko really wants it. The Flames trainers talked to him every day this year and Janko ate everything they told him to and he was meeting all of his weight goals. Judging by that pic someone posted earlier of him, it's obvious to see the muscle he's packed on. He will still get bigger, he's already an excellent skater and he has fantastic hands, there's little doubt in my mind that he'll be an NHL'er. His skill set is top 6, so he could be a very nice player for us. I think he projects as a 2C with the floor of a 3C. Judging by Treliving's character comments though, I don't think this is a kid that fails.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
RIP Jankowski watch (March '16 - March '16)

Looked good last night from what I could tell.

Aug 3, 2010
Via highlights he looked really good; that's really good news.
Could of had a few assists in that game for sure, and the defensive play he got an assist on was a good one.

Happy for the kid.

Definitely important to remember highlights don't tell the whole story. However, of the select moments that he was mentioned, he looked pretty promising, especially since it was his first game at that level. That first drop-pass scoring attempt was slick.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Definitely important to remember highlights don't tell the whole story. However, of the select moments that he was mentioned, he looked pretty promising, especially since it was his first game at that level. That first drop-pass scoring attempt was slick.
I only saw 2 mistakes by Janko last night, in each case he battled back, got the puck and one turned into a goal for us, the other a disallowed goal. He does need to get stronger, but he was good all game. He was truly a difference maker last night.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Ive been a fan of his since his first year in Providence. I was shocked at the pick initially, but once I saw him play, I was very excited. Very glad he stood out in his first pro game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad