Injury Report: Mark Fraser (knee) - ON LTIR, Oct 25 earliest return date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

Macwilliam will probably not be called up. Even though i would like him to be.

Ashton should be sent down and devane should be called up though in my opinion.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
From what they were saying here in Calgary, they've placed someone on LTIR but it gets backdated to the time of the injury and they said they can now bring him back into the line-up anytime, that it isn't game related but time related.

What they said it is games or days, not games and days.

IR or injured reserve is not the same as LTIR or long term injury relief.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Pretty sure it was changed to this because of teams not icing a capable NHL roster and it was unfair to fans who paid a lot to watch games. In essence, you are right.

To be eligible to emergency recal a player and not have it count against the cap. The team must have played at least 1 game with less than 18 skaters (we haven't) and the team can not have any other available skaters which we do in Morgan Rielly.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Macwilliam will probably not be called up. Even though i would like him to be.

Ashton should be sent down and devane should be called up though in my opinion.

I second this. Devane is a much better fit and willing to get physical. It was clear against the Philly we weren't physical enough, at least for the most part.

mikebel111*

You're a bit too much of an optimist. It's as if the Leafs, and every Leafs player can do no wrong in your eyes.

completely wrong. I have called out the leafs a lot of times. I didn't like the kessel trade but now I am loving it. Komi deal we overpaid IMO. Same with made of glass conolley. Not sure why people say things that aren't true. But oh well it doesn't matter. I am used to it now.

I am saying you don't demote a player after 2 games.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Demoting Ashton to bring up MacWilliam makes 0 sense. We'd be down a forward and sure we could go with 11 forwards, Ashton only got like 5-6 minutes last night, we could make up for that.

But why? We have an extra Defenceman on the team and most of us here have been eager to get into the lineup, now we have a chance and you want someone else?

If we had an extra forward on the roster then maybe, but only if Rielly got into the linup for Ranger too otherwise that would send a bad message to Rielly, having him as an extra D and then when one gets hurt calling him up and still not playing Rielly.

I wouldn't hate calling up Devane and demoting Ashton, Ashton has been less than impressive, and he's not really a 4th liner but I still feel like you shouldn't be demoting someone after 2 games

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Look i like what Fraser brings in toughness guys but we dont need 5 tough guys a night just to win the game.

orr and the other big dudes can handle the load for a few games, it's time to give Rielly a shot and he can give us that extra element of skill.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
What has Ashton done? Ashton has played in two road games the Leafs have won. By the way, according to a third period graphic last night, they were very significantly outhitting the Flyers. Sending him down is a little premature, no?

I know that Devane is beloved by a number of posters but he probably should become a regular in the AHL before he is promoted to the Leafs, He needs the seasoning.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Has there been any update on Fraser? Call me optimistic but I have a hunch he won't miss much time at all.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Look i like what Fraser brings in toughness guys but we dont need 5 tough guys a night just to win the game.

Your looking at a very small part of his game, Fraser is a solid bottom pairing guy who keeps the opppositon honest everynight, he chips in on the PK and is solid at clearing guys from the front of the net. We need him in the lineup.......

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

Your looking at a very small part of his game, Fraser is a solid bottom pairing guy who keeps the opppositon honest everynight, he chips in on the PK and is solid at clearing guys from the front of the net. We need him in the lineup.......

he's a 3rd pairing guy, while he's an important piece, I think we'll do fine without him, plus it seems Franson has stepped his game up majorly defensively.

We also have no idea how good Rielly is yet. I'm really not worried at all.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Fraser is on IR, but that only opens up a roster spot, not cap space. Just a formality at this point, probably in case we make a trade that would open up cap space

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
Leafs have put Mark Fraser on injured reserve. I imagine they'll recall a defenceman soon as they won't want to carry six for long.

don't know how they're going to call up a D man unless he goes LTIR. Highly doubt we go with 11 Forwards.

Once again, **** you Rosehill

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Think he's struggled so far this season - that footspeed is really showing.

However - he plays a really important role for this team. There isn't another one on that blueline, who for lack of a better phrase, can pound people and beat people up.

Rielly will get his chance - but Fraser is a loss, and Rielly doesn't offer anything that Fraser does.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
IR opens up a roster spot but no cap relief. LTIR frees up cap space. He's on IR which really doesn't do anything to help us at all since our roster wasn't full to begin with.

Title should be edited

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Fixed thread title.

If the Leafs run into a string of bad luck with minor injuries, they won't be able to replace them, they will either have to go with a shortened bench, or play through the injuries. We will never know who is nursing a bone bruise, groin injury or pulled muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad