Injury Report: Mark Fraser (knee) - ON LTIR, Oct 25 earliest return date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
At least it's only his knee. Was worried it was his head.

Rielly will be getting some games now.

Yep. Not sure why he was so mad. He cheap shot fraser and Orr returned the favour. What did he expect?

Because Rosey is a Dbag and what Dbags hate most is paybacks.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I bet there is a lot of misinformation going around about injury replacements in the new CBA. Hockey media guys who have no expertise are probably feeding junk info to the general public. It makes no sense whatsoever that the NHL would create a cap system that penalizes any team for having injuries. I bet all of this doomsaying will be wrong and the Leafs and any other NHL team in the same position can replace their injured player with a minor league call up.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
can the team send Morgan back to junior and call up McWiliam?
That is the type of player we need to replace Fraser.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I bet there is a lot of misinformation going around about injury replacements in the new CBA. Hockey media guys who have no expertise are probably feeding junk info to the general public. It makes no sense whatsoever that the NHL would create a cap system that penalizes any team for having injuries. I bet all of this doomsaying will be wrong and the Leafs and any other NHL team in the same position can replace their injured player with a minor league call up.

If you read this paragraph then I think if Fraser goes on the IR we can replace him with anyone in our system. ie. if we want to bring up liles we can becasue its not
his cap hit that is added/ because he is a replacement for fraser and he assumes frasers cap hit.

Myabe i'm wrong ?????

The replacement Player Salary and Bonuses for any Player(s) that replace(s) an unfit-to-play Player may be added to the Club's Averaged Club Salary until such time as the Club's Averaged Club Salary reaches the Upper Limit. A Club may then exceed the Upper Limit due to the addition of replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of Players who have replaced an unfit-to-play Player, provided, however, that when the unfit-to-play Player is once again fit to play (including any period such Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan to another league), the Club shall be required to once again reduce its Averaged Club Salary to a level at or below the Upper Limit prior to the Player being able to rejoin the Club. To the extent any Player who is unfit-to-play becomes fit to play during the period of the Roster Freeze set forth in Article 13, the provisions of this Section 50.10(d)(iv) requiring a Club to come back into compliance with the Payroll Range shall supersede the provisions of Article 13 restricting transactions during the Roster Freeze;

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If you read this paragraph then I think if Fraser goes on the IR we can replace him with anyone in our system. ie. if we want to bring up liles we can becasue its not
his cap hit that is added/ because he is a replacement for fraser and he assumes frasers cap hit.

Myabe i'm wrong ?????

The replacement Player Salary and Bonuses for any Player(s) that replace(s) an unfit-to-play Player may be added to the Club's Averaged Club Salary until such time as the Club's Averaged Club Salary reaches the Upper Limit. A Club may then exceed the Upper Limit due to the addition of replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of Players who have replaced an unfit-to-play Player, provided, however, that when the unfit-to-play Player is once again fit to play (including any period such Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan to another league), the Club shall be required to once again reduce its Averaged Club Salary to a level at or below the Upper Limit prior to the Player being able to rejoin the Club. To the extent any Player who is unfit-to-play becomes fit to play during the period of the Roster Freeze set forth in Article 13, the provisions of this Section 50.10(d)(iv) requiring a Club to come back into compliance with the Payroll Range shall supersede the provisions of Article 13 restricting transactions during the Roster Freeze;

Pretty sure it was changed to this because of teams not icing a capable NHL roster and it was unfair to fans who paid a lot to watch games. In essence, you are right.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Fraser been great thus far, hope he's not out too long. Morgan Reilly doesn't bring the same tools Fraser does, so his sandpaper's going to be missed for sure.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I'm so glad Orr gave Rosehill a shot after the play. That little piece of **** needed to be put in his place. He's been running around too much against the Leafs first put Lupul out for a while and now injured Fraser

spittoon

Mar 25, 2009
I think it would be Andrew MacWilliam...similar type of game, impressed in camp and was one of the last cuts.

Brennan is a big body but he's not physical at all.

Not physical at all? Some guys just see what they want to see..

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Someone needs to send Rosehill a serious message the next time we play Philly. He can't get away with deliberately injuring our players every time we meet.

Mr Scarface*

Sucks, but at least it wasn't a head injury.

Fraser has been a mean SOB so far this season though. Loving his game.
Yep, no skull fractures this time baby.

Me too, what a warrior. Was all over the habs in game 1 and blocking all kinds of **** and throwing his body and bunches... I mean wou man. We are missing his presence for sure no matter who comes up. The coming up player won't be filling Mark Fraser's shoes or skates.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Ranger seems pretty physical, he is just a step behind most of the time. Hopefully he is able to adjust and somewhat make up for Fraser. That and.. not take 3 penalties.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
McLaren is already on LTIR and because of that he wont be able to play for atleast 10 games and 24 days.

From what they were saying here in Calgary, they've placed someone on LTIR but it gets backdated to the time of the injury and they said they can now bring him back into the line-up anytime, that it isn't game related but time related.

What they said it is games or days, not games and days.

F Michael Cammalleri was placed on the injury-reserve list with, reportedly, a hand injury. Cammalleri's IR status is retroactive to the date of the injury, Sept. 14, and he can be activated as soon as the medical staff clears him for action.

Last edited:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think it would be Andrew MacWilliam...similar type of game, impressed in camp and was one of the last cuts.

Brennan is a big body but he's not physical at all.

I still think it's Holzer because he has experience. Not sure if they want to rush MacWilliam. Management may want him to play some AHL time before being called up. I agree though, MacWilliam looked solid in preseason.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
From what they were saying here in Calgary, they've placed someone on LTIR but it gets backdated to the time of the injury and they said they can now bring him back into the line-up anytime, that it isn't game related but time related.

What they said it is games or days, not games and days.

Is that for IR or LTIR? Because I'm pretty sure LTIR is 10 games or 24 days, whichever comes first. I'll have to double check though.

EDIT : Source - Capgeek

"Teams are eligible to receive cap relief when a player is considered to have a "bona-fide long-term injury" — injuries that cause a player to miss at least 10 games and 24 days. In such cases, the team can place the player on long-term injured reserve (LTIR)."

Leafsin2014*

Yep, no skull fractures this time baby.

Me too, what a warrior. Was all over the habs in game 1 and blocking all kinds of **** and throwing his body and bunches... I mean wou man. We are missing his presence for sure no matter who comes up. The coming up player won't be filling Mark Fraser's shoes or skates.

Where are all the people that said "Fraser can't fight anymore", "he should be waived"? Where are all the fantasy lineups where Fraser was the 7th or 8th guy? It's crazy how so many around here do not value toughness. Why don't we go back to the Wilson days where we had no enforcer, teams took runs at us at will and walked all over us and embarrassed us every game? Boston would bully us 7-0 and nobody would do a damn thing. But of course, our lack of toughness had nothing to do with that???

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Phaneuf-Gunnar
Franson-Rielly
Ranger-Gardiner

?

Might even see Franson team with Phaneuf and have Gunnar pair with Rielly, but might not be able to clear the crease with that pairing of Gunnar and Rielly.

Gutless

Jan 26, 2011
It might be a good thing for Ranger having Rielly out there with him. It could cause him to settle his game down a bit and play smarter and place a greater emphasis on responsible playmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad