Speculation: Marinaro hinting Ducharme will be fired soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Weber, Edmundson and Savard are out. Petry plays like a guy screaming to be traded. Chiarot started good, but is also falling. Add to that two AHL goalies, plus many injured players up front or just returning from injuries. No coach would have done much better than Ducharme. It's the perfect storm. Why not live through it? No. They needed another scapegoat.

he's not being fired because of the W/L... the terrible roster MB created and the injuries the team has dealt with is obviously not on his shoulders. Gorton giving him the initial vote of confidence reinforced that.

It is absolutely on his & the coaching staff's shoulders how poorly the team has competed... that is on the coach. A team can be not good enough to win, but still playing well and competing hard.

I would be surprised if we don't see better performances from the team once the interim has a few weeks to re-set the focus at practice.... we've been witnessing some of the worst NHL play i've ever seen, it would be almost impossible for a new coach not to improve on that even a bit. The roster is bad, it's not 6+ goals against/game bad like we've seen lately

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I 100% agree you shouldn't fire someone just to fire someone. This would not be the case with DD. Team is getting blown out, moral is rock bottom, his system is not being executed and the team has just given up. You can lose but build confidence in your youth. Ottawa was a terrible team under Smith but man, they competed their asses off every game. That's acceptable in a lost year. Having an entire room, many of them still very young, be completely demoralized is not.
morale not moral

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I also thought tony was oddly SUPER confident about this lol

He was telling Simon save this clip for tomorrow! And they're all laughing at tony like sure sure Tone whatever you say lmao

Reactions: iamtalbot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad