Speculation: Marinaro hinting Ducharme will be fired soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Was nice (not) knowing you, tank commander. Just can’t risk that stench of a losing culture for a decade+ like Edmonton and Buffalo, though.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Guessing Richardson will be interim, maybe they put Bouillon behind the bench as D coach since he's already within the organization.

I highly doubt they hire an external person before the season ends, but who knows.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This news is spreading like wildfire but no word from the team yet.

Chantal asleep at the switch? Habs had to know this would spread like wildfire.

Why weren't they first to announce it?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I assume Richardson will just take over for the rest of the season, then revisit the situation in the offseason.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
At this point, we're all for them to keep him and continue to be bad and increase their chances at a high pick. The only problem if you keep him is that if this continues as is, there is a losing culture you might unintentionally create.

If they were losing but were showing signs of life, then I think there wouldn't be talk of a coaching change. It's rare now where Habs show some compete and even though they would still lose, they were able to climb back into the game. But that is a rarity.

We need that draft pick. We finally have the to do a proper rebuild? Why screw it up now? It's almost the end of the season. We don't need to go on a meaningless win streak. The culture can be taken care of in the off-season.

It's not like another coach can improve this team when this team is shit. Not even Yoda can help this team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We need that draft pick. We finally have the to do a proper rebuild? Why screw it up now? It's almost the end of the season. We don't need to go on a meaningless win streak. The culture can be taken care of in the off-season.

Almost end of season? They JUST passed the half-way point.

As I said in my post, as you try to tank, you might unintentionally create a losing culture.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
We're first in head coach payroll. Finally, first at SOMETHING!!!

I don't get this stupid argument about "they're still on the payroll".

It doesn't matter, whether they're fired or not, they're on the payroll regardless, so payroll aside (yes, it's meaningless) fire him since it's better for the team.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't get this stupid argument about "they're still on the payroll".

It doesn't matter, whether they're fired or not, they're on the payroll regardless, so payroll aside (yes, it's meaningless) fire him since it's better for the team.

It's sarcasm. Of course it's meaningless, it's chump change to ownership and it's obviously not a cap expense. Just roll with irony of it.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Weber, Edmundson and Savard are out. Petry plays like a guy screaming to be traded. Chiarot started good, but is also falling. Add to that two AHL goalies, plus many injured players up front or just returning from injuries. No coach would have done much better than Ducharme. It's the perfect storm. Why not live through it? No. They needed another scapegoat.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
It's sarcasm. Of course it's meaningless, it's chump change to ownership and it's obviously not a cap expense. Just roll with irony of it.
Yea, but it's been brought up countless times on this forum too.

Reactions: Runner77

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Dominique will be laughing all the way to the bank. Bergie made him a millionaire.

No wonder Bergie has so many friends around the league.

Not my money, but glad DD got his payday after taking the team in the Finals

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

It's not like another coach can improve this team when this team is shit. Not even Yoda can help this team.

Help, the team, he would...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad