Speculation: Marinaro hinting Ducharme will be fired soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
At this point, we're all for them to keep him and continue to be bad and increase their chances at a high pick. The only problem if you keep him is that if this continues as is, there is a losing culture you might unintentionally create.

If they were losing but were showing signs of life, then I think there wouldn't be talk of a coaching change. It's rare now where Habs show some compete and even though they would still lose, they were able to climb back into the game. But that is a rarity.

At a certain point, the temperature in the room was going to force Hughes' hand

7-1 to Jersey has to be close to the precipice

Reactions: Adam Michaels

expy

Nov 2, 2010
One of the coaches within the org., on an interim basis? I doubt they hire someone now on a permanent basis.

Whoever comes in, has to be on an interim basis, I would think.
Yep, firing Ducharme will be a move to get rid of his ability to further destroy the team, players, etc.
We don't need to hire a full-time head coach at the moment, but we do need to stop whatever Ducharme was teaching the players.

Next up, Burrows.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Ok a 2nd confirmation, still not the legit want I’m waiting for

MOB has broken a lot of stuff. He's not mainstream but he is confirming independently of Lajoie. A good sign that JiC has something solid.

Let's find out at what time one other mainstream source confirms.

I think the Habs should have gone ahead of this, if this is in fact founded. There's a predictable feeding frenzy out there.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
MOB has broken a lot of stuff. He's not mainstream but he is confirming independently of Lajoie. A good sign.

I think the Habs should have gone ahead of this, if this is in fact founded. There's a predictable feeding frenzy out there.
RDS briefly said he was fired but then took it down.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
I would fire Ducharme right now and name Richardson interim HC - then go on a search in offseason.

Reactions: expy

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
MOB has broken a lot of stuff. He's not mainstream but he is confirming independently of Lajoie. A good sign that JiC has something solid.

No doubt about that he's not Hockey30

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
CTV Montreal is reporting it now but they don't provide any sources.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
A little bit surprised to see Dom potentially being let go today. I figured he would last the remainder of this season and get fired in the off season. The team though is looking very uninspired and they look like they have zero clue what they're suppose to be doing out there so maybe it's for the best to just let the guy go right now for all involved.

The team is currently losing and getting embarrassed most nights with the players looking like they don't give a crap anymore and I'm sure the new management don't want that kinda of attitude lingering. Plus young guys like Caufield and Primeau are just wasting away currently on this team and not developing at all and they really need to be sent to the AHL by management and away from this losing environment for the rest of this season at least.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
One of the coaches within the org., on an interim basis? I doubt they hire someone now on a permanent basis.

Whoever comes in, has to be on an interim basis, I would think.

Unless there's a coach they want that they think they can get now.

But it feels like interim would be the way to go right now.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad