Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
He seriously sucks. The amount of fandom he brought in in the offseason is, in hindsight, hilarious.

He just doesn't do anything. Nothing good but nothing bad either. He's just there. Only way I can describe him.

I wonder how much the groin injury in camp followed by the shoulder injury set him back. It's possible he's better than this but was already behind the 8 ball with the injuries here.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Matty Pumps looks super non effective.. Somebody find the Lindberg baby cause he is MIA and the call up of up Marek Horrific has to be an upgrade. That 4th line is as weak as Baba Shampooey playing goal after one of his modeling shoots.

Dude, 'Baba Shampooey' is not and will never be a thing. Stop saying it every time you refer to Lundqvist.

I smirked at Marek Horrific I'll admit

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Dude, 'Baba Shampooey' is not and will never be a thing. Stop saying it every time you refer to Lundqvist.

I smirked at Marek Horrific I'll admit

I'm glad I made you smirk, thats what it is all about.

As far as Baba Shampooey goes its already "a thing". Songs have been sung, poems have been written, memes have been made and soon Don Lagreca will be singing it's praises.

Much love and peace to you my brother and may Marek Horrific bless us all with hatricks and good jam on the rangers 4th line. We need it.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Lindborg is playing at 50% with his hip surgery recovery. Jooris is playing at 50% with his 18 injuries. Not an ideal situation where your two would be 13th and 14th forward are at best capable of keeping it together. Good on the coaching staff to bring up someone healthy and productive that can drive our possession and offense instead of throwing out Pompom-lindborg-Jooroos

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Good for Marek! Hard working player deserves another shot

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I've been in Marek's corner a long time. I'm psyched that he's getting another chance. Show 'em what you can do Marek! Don't **** this up!

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm glad I made you smirk, thats what it is all about.

As far as Baba Shampooey goes its already "a thing". Songs have been sung, poems have been written, memes have been made and soon Don Lagreca will be singing it's praises.

Much love and peace to you my brother and may Marek Horrific bless us all with hatricks and good jam on the rangers 4th line. We need it.

:cheers: Haven't heard it anywhere but if I hear Lagreca say it I'll think of you haha

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Would Hrivik be expansion draft eligible?

not unless he is re-signed
Cap-Friendly say he is due to be RFA,
but as his age and years pro, for NYR to retain his rights
i suspect he needs to meet a threshold of NHL games
(that he likely wont meet unless he stays up hereon out)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He seriously sucks. The amount of fandom he brought in in the offseason is, in hindsight, hilarious.

as you wish

having seen Jooris in Calgary and NCAA, i've seen his upside
he actually has some decent offensive instincts
almost singlehandedly knocked defending champ BC out of NCAA playoffs at Providence in '13,
which led to his invite to Calgary prospect camp, an unexpected NHL ELC,
played 119 NHL games the last 2 years, including Calgary's breakout successful '14-15 season

he has been slowed by 2 injuries, hopefully behind him
he has a goal, has been decent on PK
and has won 52.7% of his faceoffs (Step is under 47%, Hayes under 46%)

IMHO I'd give him a few games with 3d line minutes, with Miller/Vesey on wing, whoever is not playing on top 2 lines

i expect over the season he will prove more valuable than Pirri or Peumpel

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
as you wish

having seen Jooris in Calgary and NCAA, i've seen his upside
he actually has some decent offensive instincts
almost singlehandedly knocked defending champ BC out of NCAA playoffs at Providence in '13,
which led to his invite to Calgary prospect camp, an unexpected NHL ELC,
played 119 NHL games the last 2 years, including Calgary's breakout successful '14-15 season

he has been slowed by 2 injuries, hopefully behind him
he has a goal, has been decent on PK
and has won 52.7% of his faceoffs (Step is under 47%, Hayes under 46%)

IMHO I'd give him a few games with 3d line minutes, with Miller/Vesey on wing, whoever is not playing on top 2 lines

i expect over the season he will prove more valuable than Pirri or Peumpel

Yet he had zero value this offseason when he wasn't even qualified (likely because no team in the league valued him worth a pick or a C-level prospect). His play, so far, has been around expected for a player that didn't warrant a qualifying offer.

His NCAA play is largely meaningless. He has over 100 NHL games and is done developing. So whatever "offensive instincts" he had in the NCAA are never going to showcase in the NHL. IIRC, he was a second liner much of his tenure at Union. Was never expected to be an offensive player at the next level, which is accurate so far.

Unfortunately, he's shown nothing. He looks every bit as a player who wasn't qualified would be expected to look. He'll be 27 years old this offseason. He is what he is at this point. A 4th liner. Playing him on the 3rd line would be a bad move and would imply we are suffering catastrophic injuries.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Did anyone say Jooris was anything more than a 4th liner? That's exactly what he is: a very good 4th liner that provides energy and makes smart reads through the neutral zone and can forecheck well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love Jooris as a 4th line center. After 3 years of Dom Moore, we needed someone new. Jooris had all the tools we needed for that rejuvenated 4th line. Then, he had a groin injury in pre-season, picked up another injury during regular season and now people are already talking about him as if he is a career AHL-er.

Calgary did not give him a QO because they had players already signed to take his place. Pirri didn't receive a QO, neither did Schultz. Sometimes, teams refuse to give a QO for reasons other than the player not being good enough

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did anyone say Jooris was anything more than a 4th liner? That's exactly what he is: a very good 4th liner that provides energy and makes smart reads through the neutral zone and can forecheck well.

There are quite a few Flames fans that would tell you he wasn't great last season. If that's true, then whether he's a great 4th liner or just a spare part is up for debate. I haven't paid attention to Calgary's fourth line in recent years so I can't provide a personal observation.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

agreed.
yes i think, short-term, right now, he could get some 3rd line minutes
with Zib out, Hayes up, and Lindberg obviously not yet at full skill/strength,
and neither Miller nor Pirri have done too well at C (although Pirri's FO% is surprisingly good)
that's part of the deal with your bottom 4 players, you want them to be able step up for a few games, as the season's ups and downs require

taking this thread back to its subject of Hrivik,
although they expect Grabner will be in Winnipeg,
i would prefer NYR give Hrivik all 3 road games this week

Aside from Pirri's burst of goals the first 3 weeks of the season,
none of Pirri, Jooris, Lindberg or Puempel have really earned a regular lineup spot.
Its a pretty low bar to so far.
Even the folks who don't appreciate Hrivik's game gotta admit there's a genuine need and opportunity

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

We literally just saw someone advocate for giving him 3rd line minutes, so we now have that.

I haven't seen much energy or smarts from him yet. In fact, his positioning has largely been trash. Injury related? Maybe. But he really needs to step it up or be waived.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I love Jooris as a 4th line center. After 3 years of Dom Moore, we needed someone new. Jooris had all the tools we needed for that rejuvenated 4th line. Then, he had a groin injury in pre-season, picked up another injury during regular season and now people are already talking about him as if he is a career AHL-er.

Calgary did not give him a QO because they had players already signed to take his place. Pirri didn't receive a QO, neither did Schultz. Sometimes, teams refuse to give a QO for reasons other than the player not being good enough

Right, it neither Jooris nor Pirri are particularly good players. Pirri is a one trick pony and Jooris is a very bland jack of all trades guy who doesn't seem to have a lot of any trade.

Let's not pretend that Jooris is anything but a fringe NHLer right now.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm always amazed at how many people claim to be highly familiar with the game of a guy like Jooris (not speaking of anyone in particular). Like, who is staying up to watch Calgary games and taking notes on their bottom six players on a regular enough basis to form a real opinion about a guy? I watch my own team and my own players and notice guys on the other team that are, well, noticeable.

I truly believe that the majority of opinions provided on guys liked Jooris from Rangers fans are just people talking out of their *****. Over the past two years I bet the vast majority here had actually seen the guy three or four times and maybe noticed him once. Again, not talking about anyone in particular. Just a trend on HF of pretending to know all these random NHL players.

Sorry if this is OT. It's just something that I notice and find amusing.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We literally just saw someone advocate for giving him 3rd line minutes, so we now have that.

I haven't seen much energy or smarts from him yet. In fact, his positioning has largely been trash. Injury related? Maybe. But he really needs to step it up or be waived.

I kinda just glossed through the thread, so I must've missed it. But yeah, he's a fourth liner. He looked better before his injury, but I agree that he, along with the entire ****ing team, need to play better asap. I wouldn't waive him just because having him as a 13th forward wouldn't be the worst thing and we need right-handed forwards.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
~~Stuff about people being full of ****~~

Agree whole-heartedly. You see the same behavior with Prospects, as well. People typically do not watch WHL, OHL, and QMJHL games...nor are they able to watch much of what goes on in countries like Sweden or Finland. Yet...somehow...people claim to be familiar enough with the abilities of prospects to make intricate posts laying out their strengths and weaknesses.

I do respect the posters on this board and appreciate all the knowledge it contains...but I can't help but feel that some opinions are based on nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad