Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Don't think so? Miller has been banged up. AV has shown a quick leash on guys like Lindberg/Jooris. Could just be wanting to get a look at Hartford's leading scorer? :dunno:

Lindberg hasn't looked great, nor has Jooris, IMO, but so bad that they'd recall a guy who will need to clear waivers if he doesn't stick? Not so sure there. That being said, I don't think teams will be clamoring to claim Hrivik if he doesn't carve out a spot.

Hopefully we'll find out more as practice rolls on. Seems to have started at 11.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Perhaps someone is going on waivers today and Hrivik replacing them? Miller has been banged up a lot recently as well. They said his stitches were opening and stuff during play.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
So I missed the game on Saturday. Did someone get hurt?

Puempel and Pirri looked lost on Saturday.

Hoping they waive Puempel to HWP
and they should send Lindy to Hartford for conditioning and lots of icetime, 6 HWP games between wed and Sat 17

after Puempel clears (or not), call up Jensen as well, for the WinChi road trip
with Buch/Zib out, and depth F's not so hot right now, a good time to see if these other guys can add more ...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
funny. that's how i feel about Puempel, and, lately, Pirri

Puempel is awful, too. Pirri is a one trick pony and I still laugh that people somehow thought he wasn't for a hot minute. It's not exactly as if we don't know what Pirri is as a player. The guy is awful at just about every single hockey aspect other than shooting the puck.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Puempel and Pirri looked lost on Saturday.

Hoping they waive Puempel to HWP
and they should send Lindy to Hartford for conditioning and lots of icetime, 6 HWP games between wed and Sat 17

after Puempel clears (or not), call up Jensen as well, for the WinChi road trip
with Buch/Zib out, and depth F's not so hot right now, a good time to see if these other guys can add more ...

When we claimed Puempel I said it could be that the Rangers didn't want to have to risk bringing Hrivik up if they didn't have to, and that maybe they were hoping they'd catch lightning in a bottle. So that could be it.

Pirri is what he is. A guy with one plus-plus skill who runs very hot for a bit and then goes ice cold. Not sure if the team will bother with sitting him out for a game. Doesn't seem to be the kind of player who gets back to producing when subjected to that sort of treatment.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
When we claimed Puempel I said it could be that the Rangers didn't want to have to risk bringing Hrivik up if they didn't have to, and that maybe they were hoping they'd catch lightning in a bottle. So that could be it.

Pirri is what he is. A guy with one plus-plus skill who runs very hot for a bit and then goes ice cold. Not sure if the team will bother with sitting him out for a game. Doesn't seem to be the kind of player who gets back to producing when subjected to that sort of treatment.

What's the risk with Hrivik? We have time for him before he needs to clear again after we bring him up.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
puempel, lindberg, and jooris all suck imho. at least this year anyway.

Pirri is great on the PP but only when he has other options...right now everyone knows hes the only shooting option and they are taking away his shot.

Hes not horrible at 5 on 5 either but hes not playing with much talent.

take away buch and zib and put in lindberg and puempel and youve got issues.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Puempel is awful, too. Pirri is a one trick pony and I still laugh that people somehow thought he wasn't for a hot minute. It's not exactly as if we don't know what Pirri is as a player. The guy is awful at just about every single hockey aspect other than shooting the puck.

And since Pirri isn't on a line with teammates who can open up the space for him to utilize his one good asset, and since he doesn't have the awareness to free up the space for himself, it makes him useless.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
funny. that's how i feel about Puempel, and, lately, Pirri
The former is waiver wire material. What was to be expected? Pirri is showing wards which was going to happen over time as he begins to play against better competition. It is one thing to be a 4th liner who is also on PP, it is quite another to take a regular shift on the top 3 lines. Sort of like playing Brian Boyle as a 2nd line center.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
gotta think that if this is something temporary that they would've picked Nieves instead. Wouldn't be surprised if pretty soon we hear some injury, waiver,or trade news.

I get wanting to give Hrivik a shot, hes earned it. But its not like Nieves was bad when he was up. Granted it was one game, but AV praised his play.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What in the hell? :laugh:

The answer is clear as day, man. With our lack of foot speed on defense, AV is clearly going to take our leading goalscorer and possibly fastest skater on the team and convert him to defense.

:sarcasm:

gotta think that if this is something temporary that they would've picked Nieves instead. Wouldn't be surprised if pretty soon we hear some injury, waiver,or trade news.

I get wanting to give Hrivik a shot, hes earned it. But its not like Nieves was bad when he was up. Granted it was one game, but AV praised his play.

Agreed but Nieves play has nothing to do with this situation. It is as you stated in the first paragraph, if it was temporary, Nieves would have been the likely call up. I don't think they bring up Hrivik unless they plan on having him up here for a while. This smells like an injury or a trade incoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->