Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hrivik was called up b/c Grabner's grandmother passed away and won't be with the team tomorrow b/c he'll be at the funeral in Austria.

That is at least my interpretation of him being called up.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hrivik was called up b/c Grabner's grandmother passed away and won't be with the team tomorrow b/c he'll be at the funeral in Austria.

That is at least my interpretation of him being called up.

Doesn't make sense. Why not Nieves for 1-2 games? Maybe hope that Hriviks good play continues at the NHL level and then maybe trade him?

Unfortunate to hear that about Grabners Grandmother.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Doesn't make sense. Why not Nieves for 1-2 games? Maybe hope that Hriviks good play continues at the NHL level and then maybe trade him?

Unfortunate to hear that about Grabners Grandmother.

Hrivik may never be more than a 4th liner, but he has earned the chance to play. Nieves had his 1 game call up and didn't look like he was ready yet. It's probably better for him at this point if he's playing 18-20 minutes a night in the AHL rather than 10-12 in the NHL.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Just got the notification that Grabner's grandmother passed away. Now it makes sense

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Coaches always ask who's playing the best at whatever position when they do these call ups. Hrivik as much as I could care less about his game has in fact been the best forward down there. Earned his call up.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm hoping he can leave a good impression and stick with the big club so when Buch/Mike come back he's the 13th forward. If he plays like he did in training camp with the board work from last season, he's an upgrade over Puempel, Lindberg, and even strength Pirri.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm hoping he can leave a good impression and stick with the big club so when Buch/Mike come back he's the 13th forward. If he plays like he did in training camp with the board work from last season, he's an upgrade over Puempel, Lindberg, and even strength Pirri.

Hrivik at his ceiling is not better than Lindberg or Pirri imo.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Waivers, eventually. Also the fact that he's the only guy really doing anything in Hartford and bringing him up is going to seriously hurt that team.

Still not seeing the risk, my man. We have 30 days. He already cleared once. If he sticks past 30, it means he's kicking someone out of the lineup.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hrivik at his ceiling is not better than Lindberg or Pirri imo.

Well, if Lindberg ever hits his ceiling, I'd agree there. Pirri? He's a one trick pony. Hrivik can definitely be as good as him. It's just a matter of how much Hrivik can actually offer. I am far less bullish on him than some.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
gotta think that if this is something temporary that they would've picked Nieves instead. Wouldn't be surprised if pretty soon we hear some injury, waiver,or trade news.

I get wanting to give Hrivik a shot, hes earned it. But its not like Nieves was bad when he was up. Granted it was one game, but AV praised his play.

Nieves was bad. Not a reflection on his future, but he's obviously not ready. The coach obviously didn't want to say he was bad given it was his first NHL game.

Hrivik IS ready. He needs to see Hartford only when he's driving through it to play the Bruins. Hope he doesn't choke on pure nerves because otherwise he's ready for this level. He was very close last year and took a real step forward this season.

Last edited:

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Matty Pumps looks super non effective.. Somebody find the Lindberg baby cause he is MIA and the call up of up Marek Horrific has to be an upgrade. That 4th line is as weak as Baba Shampooey playing goal after one of his modeling shoots.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There's no denying Pirri is more talented than Hrivik but it's apples and oranges, Pirri isn't great along the board and unless he's on the rush or releasing one of his epic "Pirri Bombs," he's adequate at best .

If Hrivik can come in, work the boards and pin the Isles defense in their own zone, have good possession, and adequately kill penalties, he has a place on this team as a 12th-13th forward over Lindberg and Puempel.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Waive Pumper or Jooris. Both are ****. Lindberg has been ineffective as well but I think he came back too soon.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Waive them both, frankly. Has Jooris done a single thing for us all season?

No. Honestly when I'm watching a game and I hear Sam say his name, my reaction is always, "Oh right we have that guy." Or I see 86 and am like, "Who the **** is 86?"

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
No. Honestly when I'm watching a game and I hear Sam say his name, my reaction is always, "Oh right we have that guy." Or I see 86 and am like, "Who the **** is 86?"

He seriously sucks. The amount of fandom he brought in in the offseason is, in hindsight, hilarious.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
You're trying too hard.

You must be new. You're young you will adjust.

15171043_10207324176131850_6467473003517106107_n_zpsbvgmlzna.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad