Confirmed with Link: Marcus Johansson for a 2024 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I knew he'd be an upgrade over Freddy on the 2nd line, but I expected it to be marginal... glad to be pleasantly surprised (so far)
Seems to have brought confidence back to Boldy’s game now that he’s able to play a bit more of his style. Once the 3 or them gel I think we will see another scoring surge from him

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mjo seems like a different player from the last time we saw him. This guy looks fast, decisive, and fairly talented with the puck on his stick. Maybe it’s health, maybe confidence, maybe not having him play C.

Those Swedes are probably walking around the team with their chests puffed, bullying everyone else and making them wash their cars.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Mjo seems like a different player from the last time we saw him. This guy looks fast, decisive, and fairly talented with the puck on his stick. Maybe it’s health, maybe confidence, maybe not having him play C.

Those Swedes are probably walking around the team with their chests puffed, bullying everyone else and making them wash their cars.
If anyone dares talk back they just March out the bikini models and drop the mic

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah he looked fast last time he was here and you could tell he had some puck skills, but he was disengaged at times and wasn’t making great plays with the puck. These past 2 games he’s been competing his dick off and been making great plays.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah he looked fast last time he was here and you could tell he had some puck skills, but he was disengaged at times and wasn’t making great plays with the puck. These past 2 games he’s been competing his dick off and been making great plays.
I think Brodin and Gus are letting him win at cards to make him feel good.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just watched the highlights. That was a nice goal he had. Looked like he was skating hard and well to make it happen. Even just watching highlights so far I can tell he looks better this go around.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Whaddya know, maybe the front office knows more than the hive mind here who's opinion was based on a 36 game stretch 3 years ago....

Reactions: Wild11MN

P10p

May 15, 2012
It still eludes me why some people are so defensive about other people thinking thoughts.

If you want to get all philosophical with it, then this line of thinking also applies for the people who get defensive about managements thoughts.

Thoughts shape the whole world we live in. They are very open to criticism and to suggest they are immune to scrutiny isn't a path I would want to go down...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If you want to get all philosophical with it, then this line of thinking also applies for the people who get defensive about managements thoughts.

Thoughts shape the whole world we live in. They are very open to criticism and to suggest they are immune to scrutiny isn't a path I would want to go down...
Nobody gets defensive about management's thoughts. We express opinions on management's actions. You know, the entire point of this website you keep clicking on?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ah so you are the discussion police who gets to decide what ideas are up for debate and scrutiny. Gotcha!
Meta-discussion is borderline. It doesn't usually contribute much and tends to be OT, but as long as it doesn't veer into threadjacking or name calling it's whatever.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Nobody gets defensive about management's thoughts. We express opinions on management's actions. You know, the entire point of this website you keep clicking on?
See, personally, the problem I have is not that people have differing opinions; that's absolutely fine. It's when they extrapolate. For example: Trading for Johansson - the point of this thread - you can say you like the trade or don't like the trade. Fine. Whatever. But to go on a tangent, in my opinion, on how the front office is a bunch of morons is a bit uncalled for.

Why do I say this? Well, despite people's beliefs that we're lacking in certain areas (some to which I would agree with), the team is still competitive and actually doing pretty well. Could we be a better team? Absolutely. Could we be worse? I mean, we could be Philly...

Obviously, in trades such as this, or in any trade really, they see something that we do, don't, or have information that we're not privy to seeing. Does that make them morons? No.

And while we're on the subject. Yes, management can/will play favorites to people they have worked with in the past. Everyone does. If you're a manager that's hiring for a position, and there are 2 equal candidates but one is someone you know... who are you going to choose? The person you're familiar with. That's how humans operate. This example is simplistic, but you get the idea.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
See, personally, the problem I have is not that people have differing opinions; that's absolutely fine. It's when they extrapolate. For example: Trading for Johansson - the point of this thread - you can say you like the trade or don't like the trade. Fine. Whatever. But to go on a tangent, in my opinion, on how the front office is a bunch of morons is a bit uncalled for.

Why do I say this? Well, despite people's beliefs that we're lacking in certain areas (some to which I would agree with), the team is still competitive and actually doing pretty well. Could we be a better team? Absolutely. Could we be worse? I mean, we could be Philly...

Obviously, in trades such as this, or in any trade really, they see something that we do, don't, or have information that we're not privy to seeing. Does that make them morons? No.

And while we're on the subject. Yes, management can/will play favorites to people they have worked with in the past. Everyone does. If you're a manager that's hiring for a position, and there are 2 equal candidates but one is someone you know... who are you going to choose? The person you're familiar with. That's how humans operate. This example is simplistic, but you get the idea.
I'm cool with a lot of this. Most of it actually. It's just the whole "management knows best" thing that I think is always pointless to point out and adds nothing. Of course they know more. It's our hobby but it's their job. Just like, for example, Alex Goligoski knows 10,000% more about playing in the NHL than anybody here, but we can still say what we'd like him to do more, be better at, etc... If every comment about Goligoski was just followed up with, "you're not in the NHL, I think he'd know better than you", then what the heck is anybody doing here?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'm cool with a lot of this. Most of it actually. It's just the whole "management knows best" thing that I think is always pointless to point out and adds nothing. Of course they know more. It's our hobby but it's their job. Just like, for example, Alex Goligoski knows 10,000% more about playing in the NHL than anybody here, but we can still say what we'd like him to do more, be better at, etc... If every comment about Goligoski was just followed up with, "you're not in the NHL, I think he'd know better than you", then what the heck is anybody doing here?
I don't disagree with this at all. Again, I just get tired of the consistent "put downs" regardless of who or what it's directed at. I need to be better at this, but when I usually see a lot of those, I tend to "lash out" to try to make a point. Usually, that point is lost either from how I phrase things or other circumstances I cannot control

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Great game by Johansson, hoping he will be ok to play against the Devils.
Brattman had a hatty last night for them, and Wild needs Marcus to keep up the speed

Reactions: Minnesota

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Randomly wondering how much of Johansson’s struggles the first go around could be attributed to deciding that he was now a center because they traded center Eric Staal for him and at one point in his earlier career he was a “center.”

Certainly he was dinged up but that was definitely a thing.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Randomly wondering how much of Johansson’s struggles the first go around could be attributed to deciding that he was now a center because they traded center Eric Staal for him and at one point in his earlier career he was a “center.”

Certainly he was dinged up but that was definitely a thing.

I think it was more injury than he was now a C.

The speed first time around was no where near what it is this time. His skating is what's improved 1000%.

He also had plenty of time on wing that year, and looked nothing like this.

Reactions: MK9 and TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I just read the first page of this thread for fun. It was no fun, oh my how the winds can change fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad